Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

The Obi Wan's Star Fighter would be the biggest flop in terms of UCS, lego had a run out for around 110 a while ago.

Perhaps, though the UCS General Grievous set wasn't well received and was slashed to 50% off at S&H. They are less than $80 on Bricklink

The Super Star Destroyer is now listed at S&H, but with no price listed.

Myer catalogue just turned up, tower bridge is $319, and the flagship is $219. Its 20% off all other lego.

Must be my eye sight but I can't see it anywhere.

Myer catalogue just turned up, tower bridge is $319, and the flagship is $219. Its 20% off all other lego.

This should mean another 10% off for Myer One then at some stage.

MYER Perth has all their lego out including sw and the excavator. No bridge or boat yet.

Saw the sorting head off to the side so I suspect that the boat and bridge are also being held back.

Nothing of note at DJs.

On my way to Karrynup and some other places to look for PQ at Big W. Will report anything I find of note that I find.

I'm in shock. Fishpond shipped the $149 (delivered) 10197 Fire Brigade set, less than 2 weeks after ordering. They have marked the price back at $149, so I'm assuming they have more stock in too though you never know :wacko:

Here's hoping my sets get packaged well!

Sounds viable. I can see it selling more at $350 than the RRP of $449.99.

And it's easily within Big W's margin: the current Falcon is around 7.5% off its RRP ($249.99 down to $228) on the shelves right at the moment. 7.5% off the Shuttle would be $416.24, a bit steep for the big toy sale.

20% off, which most retailers seem to be able to do without blinking an eye, would be $359.99. Call it $350 and watch the rich kids' parents plonk down the plastic!

However, I'm sure many AFOLs will be trying to get it closer to its 259.99 USD ($245 AUD) retail price. $100 easily pays for freight forwarding, especially if free shipping on Star Wars at US S@H pops up again.

Don't forget, BIG W have the rest of the entire store to draw a profit from, especially from categories like fashion (Woolworths as a whole had a $1billion profit in 2009). If they are only willing to offer a 7.5% discount off RRP do they deserve your money?

Perhaps, though the UCS General Grievous set wasn't well received and was slashed to 50% off at S&H. They are less than $80 on Bricklink

I remember seeing Grievous at K-Mart for quite a while. When they eventually got down to $50each I picked up a bunch to part out... :grin:

Edited by Outer Rim Trading Co.

I remember seeing Grievous at K-Mart for quite a while. When they eventually got down to $50each I picked up a bunch to part out... :grin:

It never got to $50 here, but I picked up a few from S@H when they slashed them. I remember seeing them when K-Mart first had them out at $149 and laughed. I still actually have a few in the cupboard, was hoping the price would jump like most other Lego sets when they were discontinued, but this set is simply a dog.

I see the BigW catalogue is up, page 58 -61.

Looks like Obi starfighter and the UCS shuttle are BigW exclusives.

When does it start one part says 29th the next 30th?.

Edited by DarthSion

I see the BigW catalogue is up, page 58 -61.

Looks like Obi starfighter and the UCS shuttle are BigW exclusives.

When does it start one part says 29th the next 30th?.

Their website says the Toy sale starts in 9 days, 5 hours

Nothing new at Karrynup but there are still 4 x Emerald Night at MYER and 1 x Fire Brigade at David Jones.

No sign of any PQ at Big W.

Thank you :) I wonder if there's an additional discount or offer for Myer One members. I hope there will be some Imperial Flagships left at Pacific Fair Myer, I'd love to try and build it into a HMS Endeavour to go alongside my Pirates of the Caribbean sets.

Myer Pacific Fiar had about 4-5 Flagships there on Sunday when I left... can't see them moving too quickly...

From another forum I frequent, a Big W employee has posted scans of the mailer with prices

Imperial Shuttle $448

Jedi Obi-Wan Starfighter: $148

Sith Nightspeeder or Ewok Attack: $38.87

Genosian Starfighter: $48.84

Quidditch Match: $24.84

Hogwart's Express: $96

Hogwart's Castle: $137

Pharoah's Quest - everyday prices

Lego City Police Station: $94

Is this online?

From another forum I frequent, a Big W employee has posted scans of the mailer with prices

Imperial Shuttle $448

Jedi Obi-Wan Starfighter: $148

Sith Nightspeeder or Ewok Attack: $38.87

Genosian Starfighter: $48.84

Quidditch Match: $24.84

Hogwart's Express: $96

Hogwart's Castle: $137

Pharoah's Quest - everyday prices

Lego City Police Station: $94

You have got to be kidding me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those surely can't be "MID YEAR SALE" prices, perhaps that's what they're scanning up at now normal prices (I hope).

Bring on overseas purchases...... I'd rather be supporting the wages in the USA!

448 bucks for the shuttle, BigW are insane !

At least I'll get a cheap Sith Nightspeeder then, lets hope Target and Kmart are better.

Oh, speaking of Kmart....Lego must be lazy, they haven't received their stocks yet and get this the poor Lego rep has to re-outfit each store....Target and BigW as well. :blush:

A couple of noteworthy items on the "bulletin board" flyer wot came with the Lego Club mag this arvo.

Highlights:

• TRU are advertising 8679 Cars2 International Racing cct and 8081 Technic Extreme Cruiser.
  • Target are spruking the 10217 HP Diagon Alley (formerly a S@H exclusive, AFAIK), and some allegedly new Spongebob sets (but no set numbers or pix)
  • Kmart have a cryptic (and obviously incorrect) note announcing "5512 Lego Creator Shuttle Expedition - available July", but then have a photo of 10211 Space Shuttle 'Adventure'.
  • Myer are touting the 10214 Tower Bridge (Which I've seen in stock at Robina and Pac.Fair)
  • BigW are generally announcing PQ as a line, "New range in store now"... plus instructions to go to www.bigw.com.au and search for "Pharaoh" (they only have 3 sets on the site)

No prices are listed with any of the above.

Edited by Cadder

Is this online?

It was in the catalog I received today, big pic of the bridge with 319 next to it and a small pic of the flagship at $217. ;)

A couple of noteworthy items on the "bulletin board" flyer wot came with the Lego Club mag this arvo.

Highlights:

• TRU are advertising 8679 Cars2 International Racing cct and 8081 Technic Extreme Cruiser.
  • Target are spruking the 10217 HP Diagon Alley (formerly a S@H exclusive, AFAIK), and some allegedly new Spongebob sets (but no set numbers or pix)
  • Kmart have a cryptic (and obviously incorrect) note announcing "5512 Lego Creator Shuttle Expedition - available July", but then have a photo of 10211 Space Shuttle 'Adventure'.
  • Myer are touting the 10214 Tower Bridge (Which I've seen in stock at Robina and Pac.Fair)
  • BigW are generally announcing PQ as a line, "New range in store now"... plus instructions to go to www.bigw.com.au and search for "Pharaoh" (they only have 3 sets on the site)

Most of this was already mentioned last week. I don't get what is cryptic about the kmart note though? The pic is of the new shuttle expedition set, it's just the 5512 part that was a typo. The new sponge bob sets being released this year are glove world and heroes of the deep so it is most probably them.

Highlights:

The new Spongebob sets would be set 3815 Heroic Heroes of the Deep and set 3816 Glove World

The "Shuttle Expedition" is set 10231 and is a re-issued version of the 10213 Shuttle Adventure containing some changes to make the set less likely to fall apart. It may be that K-Mart will also be stocking set 5512 which is a bulk brick box. (K-Mart tends to be good at stocking those things)

It was in the catalog I received today, big pic of the bridge with 319 next to it and a small pic of the flagship at $217. ;)

Ahhh... any price for the excavator?

217 for the flagship is a very tempting price

and is target getting the diagon alley set for the upcoming sale?

Hmm, the wording is a little strange. "New range in store now" isn't the same as "exclusive to Big W", so there might be hope that the sets will be available elsewhere later. :classic:

Also, if the whole Pharaoh's Quest line is exclusive to Big W, then it's odd that they won't get new stock after store stock is depleted. Unless they are really that exclusive and they don't have any additional stock at all, then maybe it's just an early exclusive for a month or so.