Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Yesterday I went to the Myer late night sale, thinking there would be nothing there, but low and behold, all of the NEW Star Wars sets were there and at 25% off too, so I picked up all of them, apart from the Ewok attack as I already had it, plus the HP book and a box of tracks. I got home at 7 and stayed up till 1 building the Sith Nightspeeder, Geonosian Starfighter, Sith Infiltrator, and Podracer Sets, they are all great and the Minifigs are superb. Today is the Republic Frigate, and Millennium Falcon. Sorry I can not do reviews.

Edited by Brickus

For those Fishpond users, they have a lot of discounts on right now, including the 10197 Fire Brigade for $149.00 (though it does say it won't ship for a few weeks)

Edited by TheDarkness

I received an email today from B&N, basically saying they shouldn't have applied the 30% off to the Mindstorms set I ordered, and that they were cancelling my order. Will be interesting, considering they sent me a "Your item has shipped" email a week ago and my credit card was charged. I'm assuming that the set is in transit already, and they are just cracking down on orders late (the set was removed from the site a couple of days ago)

They sent me a $5 coupon for the inconvenience as a good faith gesture.

Is this common practice for them?

Good morning LEGO enthusiasts from around Australia.

We at shopforme.com.au are pleased to confirm the following with you:

shopforme is new

shopforme is 100% Australian owned and run

shopforme is 100% authorised e-commerce LEGO retailer

shopforme is offering Australia the best priced LEGO with its daily blitz, so stay tuned for great exclusive deals every day

Like us on Facebook, we have a big exclusive arriving on Friday with very limited stock.  It will be awesome.

Best regards

Team at shopforme.com.au

For those Fishpond users, they have a lot of discounts on right now, including the 10197 Fire Brigade for $149.00 (though it does say it won't ship for a few weeks)

Haha, oh Fishpond. :hmpf_bad: If they say it won't ship for a few weeks, then you can expect yr order next year, if at all. Of the last three orders i've made with them, two they cancelled due a "pricing error", and the other is a month late and still on order from thier suppliers. Oh, and they gave me two $5 off coupon codes for the cancelled orders, neither of which happen to work! Last time i use them. :thumbdown:

Good morning LEGO enthusiasts from around Australia.

We at shopforme.com.au are pleased to confirm the following with you:

shopforme is new

shopforme is 100% Australian owned and run

shopforme is 100% authorised e-commerce LEGO retailer

shopforme is offering Australia the best priced LEGO with its daily blitz, so stay tuned for great exclusive deals every day

Like us on Facebook, we have a big exclusive arriving on Friday with very limited stock.  It will be awesome.

Best regards

Team at shopforme.com.au

OK Shopforme, we don't keep secrets here so spill the news about Fridays set :-)

Hey, if you don't ask you don't get.....

Haha, oh Fishpond. :hmpf_bad: If they say it won't ship for a few weeks, then you can expect yr order next year, if at all. Of the last three orders i've made with them, two they cancelled due a "pricing error", and the other is a month late and still on order from thier suppliers. Oh, and they gave me two $5 off coupon codes for the cancelled orders, neither of which happen to work! Last time i use them. :thumbdown:

It does seem to be very hit and miss with them.

I placed an order and 4 weeks later received it, but did get delay emails and options to cancel. For that price I am willing to wait and see if they can deliver or not.

I also noticed Fishpond have the TS3 Garbage Truck 7599 for $69.95. This was formerly a TRU exclusive with RRP of $99.99 (unless you're in the States, then it was $49.99USD :angry: )

AND they have the new HP book for under $20

I also noticed Fishpond have the TS3 Garbage Truck 7599 for $69.95. This was formerly a TRU exclusive with RRP of $99.99 (unless you're in the States, then it was $49.99USD :angry: )

AND they have the new HP book for under $20

I don't know whether they have just updated their stock but they have had the Garbage Truck set before. It was my only purchase from them, and it cost the same amount when I ordered it in October. Looking back, I received it 5 weeks after ordering

Yesterday I went to the Myer late night sale ... all of the NEW Star Wars sets were there and at 25% off too

The Sunshine Coast is looking very appealing right now! Not only is it not freezing like Sydney and all the other southern cities, but your Myer actually gets the good stuff out for the sales. Enjoy your building!

$280, they haven't discounted it at all from RRP, so $210 after 25% off.

Thanks for the update!

The POTC range is just too expensive for what's in it, even at 25% off prices. Which, being honest, is where RRP prices should have started. Bring on a 50% no-one-is-buying-this-stuff sale!

I agree... And I'm glad I've been slow to acquire the PotC sets because the way things are looking a 50% sale off might be the only way to move stock. So that's when I'll strike!

The Sunshine Coast is looking very appealing right now! Not only is it not freezing like Sydney and all the other southern cities, but your Myer actually gets the good stuff out for the sales. Enjoy your building!

I'm good friends with the sales lady in the toy Department, she was literally just putting them out, she didn't have the Geonosian Starfighter out on the shelves, they were still in the brown boxes, so I opened one up and got mine.

I have to say I quite like the sets, I'm a little disappointed that the Podracers aren't as big as the older ones, better designed, but not bigger.

Edited by Brickus

Quickly some of the smaller Toyworld's in S.A. have the two winter sets and the four kingdom's sets in stock.....Marden and Murray Bridge.....I know they are 80 km's apart but wouldn't you travel for Lego ? :laugh:

Is anyone able to confirm sightings of the new Star Wars sets (pod racers, Falcon etc) at Big W yet? They have not yet been added to the range on their website.

yes i have seen the pod racers, Falcon etc in Big W in Werribee in Melbourne yesterday but i didn't check for prices sorry :look:

Is anyone able to confirm sightings of the new Star Wars sets (pod racers, Falcon etc) at Big W yet? They have not yet been added to the range on their website.

I saw them recently in Big W Miranda (Sydney). The Falcon was $228. Didn't look at the others.

The trick to Big W pricing is take around 7.5 to 8% off the RRP. That generally works for most sets. Some isolated ones have a bigger discount applied, recent examples being The Temple of Atlantis ($96, a 20% discount) and Queen Anne's Revenge ($146, a bit over 25%).

But usually it's around 8% and that's what it is for the Millennium Falcon ($228). If you can make it to David Jones, you can get it for $200, or if your local Myer gets it in during their sale, $187.50.

Target have the star wars sets I want but no sale and down the road Myer have the sale we all want but no sets. Hopefully they get stock before the sale ends or Target bring their sales forward.

Two different Myer stores in Sydney, no new sets :(

I saw them recently in Big W Miranda (Sydney). The Falcon was $228. Didn't look at the others.

The trick to Big W pricing is take around 7.5 to 8% off the RRP. That generally works for most sets. Some isolated ones have a bigger discount applied, recent examples being The Temple of Atlantis ($96, a 20% discount) and Queen Anne's Revenge ($146, a bit over 25%).

But usually it's around 8% and that's what it is for the Millennium Falcon ($228). If you can make it to David Jones, you can get it for $200, or if your local Myer gets it in during their sale, $187.50.

Big W have a "toy spectacular" from June 30 - though it is unclear what this means for Lego. Not sure if there is a blanket % off toys or it will be selected lines only. But 20-25% off toys, from a $228 base price for the Falcon is cheaper than Myer.

Edited by aztec

Target Newton has all the SW/CW sets.....on closer inspection I'm only going to buy the Sith Nightspeeder (better value for money minifig wise) and hopefully for Christmas get one Falcon only because it's the Falcon ! :grin:

May the bargains be with us always ! :laugh:

I received an email today from B&N, basically saying they shouldn't have applied the 30% off to the Mindstorms set I ordered, and that they were cancelling my order. Will be interesting, considering they sent me a "Your item has shipped" email a week ago and my credit card was charged. I'm assuming that the set is in transit already, and they are just cracking down on orders late (the set was removed from the site a couple of days ago)

They sent me a $5 coupon for the inconvenience as a good faith gesture.

Is this common practice for them?

I received the same email although they told me it had been shipped on the 26th of May. My credit card was charged on the 30 may. This is very poor from them to do this then today tell us it is cancelled.

I am not happy.

I received the same email although they told me it had been shipped on the 26th of May. My credit card was charged on the 30 may. This is very poor from them to do this then today tell us it is cancelled.

I am not happy.

I have 2 orders coming from them, no email yet but I'm worried....

I am not happy.

Might be worth a call to their customer service. I had the same email, so I called. The guy I spoke to said it has definitely been sent, so I will still get it. He wouldn't answer me though when I said will you call the parcel back? I'm hopeful it was just a general email sent to everyone who ordered the set with the 30% discount & since it's been sent, they won't be able to actually cancel it. It would be interesting to see if other people get the same answer from customer service or something else.

Might be worth a call to their customer service. I had the same email, so I called. The guy I spoke to said it has definitely been sent, so I will still get it. He wouldn't answer me though when I said will you call the parcel back? I'm hopeful it was just a general email sent to everyone who ordered the set with the 30% discount & since it's been sent, they won't be able to actually cancel it. It would be interesting to see if other people get the same answer from customer service or something else.

I will just wait and see what happens. Last B&N order was just left on my doorstep without needing a signature or anything

Damn guys. I hope your B&N orders arrive. That sounded like a sweet deal.

I'm surprised at how small the DJ LEGO section is in Melbourne. The Sydney one was heaps larger.

Not sure if they still have them in stock but the Sydney DJs had about 8 Grand Emporiums a few weeks back that they got from other stores in NSW apparently.

With the 20% off they'll be a decent $200 odd.

Also re: fishpond. It's totally hit and miss. I got my grand emporium delivered pretty quickly but 2 orders were canceled due to errors and another 3 I keep getting emails with revised shipping times (i.e. they'll never arrive).

I received part of my B&N order yesterday (took just under two weeks).

It was packaged well in an outer box with large-air-bubble protection (not sure if there is a word to describe this).

It was Flo's V8 cafe and I payed $70 delivered (I didn't apply the 30% discount to this set).

I am still waiting on the King's Castle which I applied the discount to (took it down to $60) but have received emails to say it is on the way.

Hope you get your Mindstorm's kit.

It was worth the risk for the $ saving and I will probably shop with them again if there are significant savings to be had, just no pre-orders.

Cheers

Inger