Sign in to follow this  
Pchan1983

REVIEW: 76214 Black Panther: War on the Water

Here is my review on 76214 Black Panther: War on the Water:

THE GOOD:

• 5 characters and 4 are exclusive. Finally get a M'Baku minifig!
  • The building experience on the Royal Sea Leopard is interesting.

THE NOT SO GOOD:

• The scale is a bit off but I guess will have to watch the movie to make a final call.
  • No legs printing for Black Panther!
  • Lack of play features.  Just studs shooters and prison cell to hold Namore...
  • Over priced ...

I have mixed feelings on this.  To be honest, when this was first leaked, the build really doesn't appeal me but the minifigures does.  So when the local toy store had this 30% off, I thought why not?  The building experience on the boat isn't bad, in fact there are quite a few interesting techniques involved.  There are lots of space to place minifigs but yet, a lot of space also wasted internally which you have no access to but I guess that's how the boat is designed.  The boat so called Royal Sea Leopard, from the box art it suggests to be quite a big one but then when I think about it, it's really a speed boat type of boats then the look makes sense but really cannot put a final verdict until I've seen the movie in a few weeks time.  However, it still doesn't hide the fact this build lacks features.  It supposed to target younger audiences but it only has 2 stud shooters and a cell to hold Namor. It has a great selection of minifigures, Iron Heart Mk2 by far is the best and all have good torso prints too.  What bother me is no leg printings on black panther yet they give you a spoiler (well we all have guessed it so I guess it's fine?) who is under the mask.  Even M'Baku could be enhanced with a hood piece and some leg prints?   Overall, it an overpriced set which doesn't hit the mark for Adults and may be lacking some fun for children.  It's a set you can skip unless you really want the minifigures.