Sign in to follow this  
WhiteFang

5620 Street Cleaner Review

Hello all Eurobricks members,

I will be doing a continuation of my Impulse set reviews. I was pretty excited when I laid my hands on these new impulse sets yesterday. Hope to give most of you a good insight for this set.

Name: Street Cleaner

Theme: LEGO System / Town / City

Year: 2008

Pieces: 22

Minifigs: 1

An image of a 5620, Street Cleaner

1.jpg

Let the cleaning begin

8.jpg

The Street Cleaner has a job to do. It is to clean the rubbish on the streets, after a New Year Countdown. It seemed the cleaning agency have a new equipment to use. It's not as big as the previous street sweeper machine. The cleaner will need to operate the equipment manually, by pushing it. :tongue:

Look at the mess

2.jpg

After sorting out

3.jpg

Look at the pieces offered. It's not a very complicated set, since it's an impulse set. There are some pretty useful parts lying around such as the broom, spade. However, I was quite surprised when I could not find the lid of the rubbish bin. I can't used this rubbish bin to place it around my town, without a lid on top of it. I believed it is not a norm, by not including the lid.

Look at that bin

6.jpg

7.jpg

Well, that rubbish bin seem to be containing his equipment in it, instead of the rubbish. The cleaner's face looks pretty sad. I think he wants to have a change of job. :tongue:

Front View

5.jpg

I love that blue brush very much. Quite fun to play with, especially pushing the rubbish aside. That's why a spade is there to help him to dig out the litter and the broom to brush it away. Ok, now I know why his face looks so sad! Where is that Street Sweeper machine? :classic:

7242-1.jpg

Summary review

Playability: 6.5/10 (Not bad to play with)

Design: 7.5/10 (The design is relatively interesting, with the use of the technic part, to be its foundation.)

Price: 8/10 (An inexpensive set to get another cleaner and some neat accessories.)

Overall: 7/10 (Not a bad set after all. Pretty average, but still quite good to buy if your towns required more cleaners.)

Hope everyone of you enjoyed reading this simple review of mine. Comments and Critics are strongly welcomed.

Pictures can be found in My Brickshelf (When moderated)

Edited by WhiteFang

Thanks for the review :sweet: . Not a bad price (of course, its impulse) for a fig, a little cleaner thing, and two accesories. The brush, fig, and spade i dont have yet, so i might just pick this up. :sweet:

Looking at this is making me want to build one of the favourite sets of my childhood, 6649 Street Sweeper (might do that today actually). Cheap. good pieces (despite the lack of a bin lid... that's just inviting disaster isn't it?), nice fig, and one of those blue brushes, which I've always loved but never managed to use.

Thanks WhiteFang.

Glad you guys like the review. :classic:

Looking at this is making me want to build one of the favourite sets of my childhood, 6649 Street Sweeper (might do that today actually). Cheap. good pieces (despite the lack of a bin lid... that's just inviting disaster isn't it?), nice fig, and one of those blue brushes, which I've always loved but never managed to use.

The 6649 looks lovely, and I hope you managed to restore it. :classic: Indeed, a bin without a lid is inviting trouble. :devil:

Thank you for the nice review.

This set looks good. I have too many of the blue sweepthings, but the fig is nice and I didn't have this face, so I will pick up one some day.

Wow, what a great little impulse set! I relly dig the face as well as a chance to get some cool accessories like a broom, bin (no lid....sigh) and a mushroom top :tongue: (Hat).

A really nice review and story too Whitefang, i think this guy will be joining my set of Lego when he shows up in Australia. :thumbup:

Cheers ISC :skull:

Thanks for the review!

Poor little minifig: This guy has to haul the heavy machine all the way from the depot onto the littered streets to locate some trash, but when he has finally found some and switches on the machine everything will be launched towards his pants.... No wonder he's looking sad.... :tongue:

A nice set though, and inventive too!

When it comes to streetsweepers, I remember getting the first of it's kind on my birthday in 1991. :wub:

6645-1.jpg