olliewills

Greetings from a new member in France!

Hey there everyone!

I'm Ollie, originally from the UK but now living in France. Like many on here I expect, I grew up with a giant box of random Lego sets. Life moved on as it does and I eventually left the Lego behind in persuit of other hobbies. Now I find myself as an adult whose two children are beginning to discover Lego for themselves and it has rekindled the fire! I don't anticipate becoming a serious Lego addict (lol, said every AFOL ever!) as I already have other hobbies I enjoy, but I do think it would be cool to bring a little Lego back into my life. I love the idea of building a small selection of MOCs that highlight some childhood memories however. My first foray into MOCs is currently set to be the APC from the 1986 sci-fi classic Aliens. I've chosen my MOC and am in the process of picking up parts. I'm a pretty big geek so I'm already looking into how I can modify exsting mocks and I'm learning to use the Studio app.

When I'm not doing Lego, I'm usually spending time with the family, drawing, cleaning my car or out running. Of course I also have a day job as a software interface designer.

Anyway, I look forward to getting as involved in the community as I can be and maybe helping some people out once I learn a little more and get back in the groove!

See you all around the forums!

All the best,

Ollie

6 minutes ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Everyone needs a little Lego in their lifes :classic: Welcome to the forum!

Thanks! Certainly can't let my boys have all the fun that's for sure!

Thanks both, happy to be back on the path! I'm currently in a sea of DBG pieces waiting for my birthday so I can start building my first MOC, a 1986 Aliens M577 APC! In the meantime I'm learning how to use BL Studio...