mlucas86

[MOC] Escape from Port Royal

Looks like the pirate layout i am dreaming of :pir-wub: It looks spectacular! You have a quay and jetty, a crane, a tavern and other nice buildings (The book shop and town hall maybe look a little bit out of time, but that's nitpicking). And there is wondeful ship!

I hope Captain Redbeard gets rescued by his mates :thumbup:

Wonderful! :pir-love: Port Royal and the ship are very beautiful and well built.

47 minutes ago, Marooned Marin said:

Fantastic! :pir-love:

@mlucas86 How and where can we see or get more pictures? When I click on the link I get this message:

Capture.JPG.45a3ec84b5645b09ed1ad3b1cbc4b2b2.JPG

is under moderation: 1-2 days and the gallery will be visible :pir-classic:

Per quanto riguarda la moc...è FASTANTISCA. Complimenti, ma sei anche tu di Roma?

16 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

I brought this set from my local toy store a few days ago.

Please, buy a copy for me too:pir-triumph:

2 minutes ago, Cincinnati said:

Please, buy a copy for me too:pir-triumph:

Of course! I bought all the Escape from Port Royal sets at my local toy store and I will now sell  them on eBay at an exuberant price :pir-grin:

1 hour ago, Cincinnati said:

under moderation: 1-2 days and the gallery will be visible :pir-classic:

We totally need some detailed photos of the port itself, especially in the dark :pir-stareyes: What a creation, man, magnificent display piece indeed :pir-thumb:

Edited by F1stzz

On 10/20/2022 at 2:19 PM, Yperio_Bricks said:

Looks like the pirate layout i am dreaming of :pir-wub: It looks spectacular! You have a quay and jetty, a crane, a tavern and other nice buildings (The book shop and town hall maybe look a little bit out of time, but that's nitpicking). And there is wondeful ship!

I hope Captain Redbeard gets rescued by his mates :thumbup:

Yes, especially bookshop was borderline for a classic pirates theme, but i really wanted to try to match the building together removing and replacing some part as windows, to have a new idea of Pirate/Imperial Harbor never tried, and all the MOC was projected with the same idea of city, modular in 32x32 to became bigger and to be easy to expand in a future.

It will be have a great Imperial Fort on the right maybe....    

For Captain Roger, some good pirates guys are ready to rescue him, really hope for him too :D

img_2081_copy.jpg

23 hours ago, PxChris said:

Most impressive!

TY Man!

20 hours ago, Thomas Waagenaar said:

Woah, that's an amazing looking composition! Lovely buildings (Do I spot some of the modulars in there too?), and cute ship!

Yes, a mashup between townhall and policeman station 2 Medieval market and the bookshop set, all replace with new color to be realistic in a Pirates/Imperial Harbor!

18 hours ago, Cincinnati said:

is under moderation: 1-2 days and the gallery will be visible :pir-classic:

Per quanto riguarda la moc...è FASTANTISCA. Complimenti, ma sei anche tu di Roma?

Siii ! Al confine tra Roma e Frascati proprio!!!! :)

17 hours ago, F1stzz said:

We totally need some detailed photos of the port itself, especially in the dark :pir-stareyes: What a creation, man, magnificent display piece indeed :pir-thumb:

img_2090_copy.jpg  img_2084_copy.jpg

I Just upload some great closeup!

And here a Wip with less bulding to test the first light

img_e6639.jpg

On 10/20/2022 at 9:37 PM, mlucas86 said:

Hi guys, after almost 10 years of inactivity, this year i started to build a Imperial Port to display my first ship built in 2012.

It was definitely worth the wait!

We'll be sure to blog post this on Classic-Pirates.com at some point, but for now, I've frontpaged it on Eurobricks.

pir-eurobricks.png

On 10/21/2022 at 4:37 PM, mlucas86 said:

And here a Wip with less bulding to test the first light

img_e6639.jpg

I'll be right back, when I manage to pick up my jaw :pir-oh3:

UPD: aight, fixed it back in place, lol :pir-grin: Nice pics, m8, again — truly stunning work, I'm in love with the whole lighting composition and that helmsman statue? Dude, that one's a pure art on its own :pir-thumb: Btw @mlucas86 — congratulations on being featured in Beyond The Brick's recent posts on FB & Instagram! :pir-huzzah2: Acknowledgement well deserved :pir-triumph:

Edited by F1stzz

This is definitely one of the best builds I've ever seen.  Is that a sticker placed sideways on the 2x2 flag so that it's in the correct orientation when it hangs down?

Others have mentioned the statue.  Beautiful.

I love the use of brick bricks instead of grille bricks on the MMV.  The cargo looks great, and you have exactly the right amount of minifigures to bring the scene to life.

The crane design is top notch too, the chains, ropes and log bricks give it just the right look.  The 1/2 stud offsets on the dock boards is a nice look, much better than the continuous docks that I usually see.

The curving on the back of the ship is nice and the blue dragon plumes somehow fit the imperials well, and the tumblehome is simple but works.  No colors on the back of the boat, though?

The modulars would be a lot better if they were de-aged a bit more to fit with the rest of the scene, lattice windows like the boat has would really change their look.  The old school Eldorado/ITP section's use of yellow and 90's building techniques kind of clashes with the rest of the layout.  On its own, it'd be great, but it feels a bit off compared to the rest of the layout.

The details and easter eggs are incredible, I hope the pirate is able to climb the piling and rescue captain Redbeard!

Brilliant work. Absolutely a great way to get back into the pirates. Your Port Royale scene has everything it needs, but isn't overdone at all. My hat is off to you.

Spectacular job! I really like the esthetics of the build. I also really the usage of the street lights giving its time period a definite win.