Rubblemaker

[MOC] NCS SHORTY

800x800.jpg

800x800.jpg

This is NCS Shorty. With a pair of engines stripped from a supercruiser and bolted precariously to its sides, it's more engine than ship really. Benny's going to need balls of steel to pilot this thing! Full album: https://www.flickr.com/photos/164260086@N06/albums/72177720303004281

Or come find me on Instagram: @rubblemaker_lego

Thanks for looking! :)

Edited by Rubblemaker

Pod racing to a new level! Great work on the engines. The petals and exhaust area are well constructed.

Now THIS is pod racing!

I love this model, I just hope the pilot realizes the only human ever to even finish a pod race (alive, at least) was a young force user with midi-chlorian levels off the charts! I sincerely hope this Classic Spaceman has his life insurance paperwork filled out properly...

18 hours ago, Rubblemaker said:

Benny's going to need balls of steel to pilot this thing!

You always need balls to drive a pod racer.

The ship for the bold !

Very nice MOC BTW ! Those engines without any technic stuff are killer !

38 minutes ago, Professor Thaum said:

You always need balls to drive a pod racer.

The ship for the bold !

Very nice MOC BTW ! Those engines without any technic stuff are killer !

Thanks, yeah they needed double hinges to hold them on, even then it was touch and go. 

10 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

Now THIS is pod racing!

I love this model, I just hope the pilot realizes the only human ever to even finish a pod race (alive, at least) was a young force user with midi-chlorian levels off the charts! I sincerely hope this Classic Spaceman has his life insurance paperwork filled out properly...

Pfft, this is Benny we're talking about. He eats Midi-chlorians for breakfast.

18 hours ago, Feuer Zug said:

Pod racing to a new level! Great work on the engines. The petals and exhaust area are well constructed.

Thanks, and good spot on the pod racing aesthetic. It was going to be a pod racer for a while but frankly it looked way funnier to stick the engines directly onto it so I rolled with that instead.

I like how the nose reminds me of the 2336p35 from the Mobile Command Trailer and the Cosmic Fleet Voyager. Different color pattern, but somehow it feels like it's 'implying' that shape.

13 hours ago, Stepwise said:

I like how the nose reminds me of the 2336p35 from the Mobile Command Trailer and the Cosmic Fleet Voyager. Different color pattern, but somehow it feels like it's 'implying' that shape.

I’m not familiar with that piece but yeah, does look a bit like it.

Benny the Spaceman and His Unfeasibly Large Supercruiser Engines!

Great build all round and fantastic detail in the engines. Always good to see a new ship in Classic Space colours, I especially like the yellow and black nods to the Galaxy Explorer.

5 hours ago, MaximillianRebo said:

Benny the Spaceman and His Unfeasibly Large Supercruiser Engines!

Great build all round and fantastic detail in the engines. Always good to see a new ship in Classic Space colours, I especially like the yellow and black nods to the Galaxy Explorer.

Thanks, but isn't yellow and black a mainstay design feature of all Neo Classic Space craft? not just Galaxy Explorer. It's the bumblebee danger stripes they all have. I tend to push classic space a bit beyond what it's usually known as though which is why my bumblebee stripes take different forms to just the boring old 'yellow-black-yellow plate configuration'. My Manta Ray moc (found on my Flickr page) is a good example of this where I built the corners of the wings from yellow and black. It still remains unmistakably Classic Space but with a different take on the aesthetic.

11 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Fantastic pod, exudes extreme power from every detail! :wub_drool:

Lol, thanks! so much power these engines would probably tear the whole thing apart tbh! 

I'm not a big fan of Space Classic, but these engines, holy noodle, you're right, it's more a pair of engine than a ship!

On 10/25/2022 at 10:41 AM, Rubblemaker said:

Lol, thanks! so much power these engines would probably tear the whole thing apart tbh! 

Trust Benny, he can do it!

On 10/26/2022 at 9:09 PM, othelarian said:

I'm not a big fan of Space Classic, but these engines, holy noodle, you're right, it's more a pair of engine than a ship!

Trust Benny, he can do it!

I have never, ever heard the term ‘holy noodle’ before. But I like it and will henceforth be using it profusely in my regular speech 😁

1 hour ago, Rubblemaker said:

I have never, ever heard the term ‘holy noodle’ before. But I like it and will henceforth be using it profusely in my regular speech 😁

Be my guest on this one :laugh:

It's a regular exclamation among the Flying Spaghetti Monster church member :wink:

6 hours ago, Viper Knight said:

It's for space?

Umm.. not sure if that’s a question or an exasperated gasp 😄.. but… I guess as long as he doesn’t do something dumb like lift that visor up then yeah, it’s for space. Though in universe, firstly, it’s meant to be a planetside racer. And it would win. Every. Single. Time.

Edited by Rubblemaker