Sign in to follow this  
LordsofMedieval

[moc] Command & Conquer 3 Soviet Dreadnought

1) I wasn't trying to do anything very serious or to scale (not that scale has ever mattered in the C&C games themselves). There's also no interior just to try to keep the part count down. 2) Speaking of part count, that was my highest concern here - just trying to produce something that was semi-close to the original work without going insane on pieces to build a perfect waterline model. 3) The front "missile mortar" actually can reach into the forward magazine, grab a projectile, and then pull back and angle upwards. It's the single play-feature. I am pretty sure the side launchers on the 'real thing' are back-loaded (and there's no sign of movement on the 3D model in the game that shows the forward launcher ducking down to snag a fresh missile, either, but based on the design of the ship, I think that's how we're intended to imagine it working). 4) I am aware it's really cartoonish, but, then again, so is the source. There was no hope of matching the kind of dark bronze color of the original in Lego, and I was really restricted at the start by the hulls (I am pretty sure red/DBG is the only shared scheme of those two hulls). From there, making the superstructure mostly white was really the only call. 5) Finally, yeah, I know those Boba Fett windscreens only come in clear - were I to build this, I'd just dye them. I know a product that sets in really well. 

zvqIXRS.png

Mx1D5zi.png

BrUcsxC.png

dWDZdq1.png

GpLEI4v.png

MnnJFg3.png

DYcxAQb.png

E7DfysU.png

Edited by LordsofMedieval