TalonCard

Missing LEGO Magazine Scans -- New Scans

Hi all,

I'm hoping to fill in some of the gaps in the scans of old LEGO club magazines online. Here are two issues of the UK Bricks n Pieces Magazine that I don't think have been posted online before:

Spring 1990
Autumn 1990

Watch this thread for more updates, I still have more magazines to scan. :pir-grin:

Added Bricks n Pieces January 2000 issue. This is an interesting one because it's the last issue, and because a lot of the content is clearly shared from the Jan-Feb US Mania Magazine, which leads to some fun localizations like the one on the cover. ("Ice lolly" vs. "popsicle".) Also a lot of nostalgic turn-of-the-millennium millennium references, lol.

Ooh nice! Excited to see what else you have in store. The early BnP issues are so fun, there very personable in a way modern branding doesn't really allow, lol.

Added scans of the LEGO Adventures! Magazine Issue #4, from July 1999. Of particular interest here is the Insectoids comic that explains the Insectoids began investigating Earth after the voltstones on Armeron/Holox ran out, tying together the two stages of the Insectoid storyline as refugees on Armeron and invaders of Earth.

Added scans of the LEGO Adventures! Magazine Issue #13 from April 2000. The seller was kind enough to send me both copies of the magazine in their store when they realized that neither one was in great condition--one copy was water damaged, the other one was fine but had random minifigure heads cut out of some pages. :pir_laugh2: I've selected the best pages from each copy for these scans.

Added LEGO Adventures! Magazine #2 from May 1999--I believe this one has been posted before, but only in Russian. Love the wacky 80s Robot in the Space Port comic.

This wraps up all the Adventures! Magazines I have currently. Since it ran for #34 issues, there are still a great deal more out there to find that haven't been scanned yet. Back to Bricks n Pieces for the next upload!

Added Brick Kicks Fall 1988 (as far as I can tell, this is the issue immediately following #4 and most of the following issues use the Spring/Summer/Fall/Winter convention. Do note, the magazine's approach to covering Native American topics in the comic and cover story isn't the best representation and is certainly dated.

Added the Spring 1989 Brick Kicks. It's probably coincidence, but LEGO alligators are featured in this installment of Brick Buildmore and LEGO alligators/crocodiles had already been designed for the Pirates theme by this year, but wouldn't be released until 1994.

Edited by TalonCard