Robert8

(MOD) Batman: The Animated Series 30th Anniversary Collectable Minifigure Series

2022 marks the 30th anniversary of Batman: The Animated Series. To celebrate it, I've made a Collectible Minifigure Series featuring 30 characters. 

52428061454_be8100e010_o.png

1. Catwoman

Part assortment (6 pieces): New mask piece. Whip. Cat. Regular, torso and legs. The baseplate features Catwoman's love for jewels. 

52427918010_58b27b9127_o.png

2. Sewer King

Part assortment (5 pieces): New haipiece. 4L bar piece. Regular head, torso and legs. Tattered cape. The baseplate features sewer children. 

52427915950_71f57b2c78_o.png

3. Man-Bat

Part assortment (4 pieces): New headmold. New arm/wing piece (x2). Bat piece. Faun legs. Regular torso. The baseplate alludes to Kirk Langstrom's obsession with bats. 

52427745209_37067cc379_o.png

4. Ra's Al Ghul

Part assortment (7 pieces): New hairpiece. Dr. Strage's cape. Sword. Extra torso. Regular head, torso and legs. The baseplate features a Lazarus Pit. 

52427745114_7aacf67b06_o.png

5. Talia Al Ghul

Part assortment (5 pieces): New haipiece. New double molded left arm. New double molded right arm. New baseplate mold made of two plastic colors. Gun piece. Regular head, torso and legs. The baseplate alludes to the main conflict of Talia: her love for Batman (bat cowl) vs her devotion for her father (jackal mask)

52426954497_b85b0b838b_o.png

6. Lock-Up

Part assortment (6 pieces): New shoulder armor piece. New police baton piece. Short chain piece. Regular head, torso and legs. The baseplate depicts the main shtick of the character: locking people up. 

52427458701_6604890786_o.png

7. Mad Hatter

Part assortment (6 pieces): New hat+hair combo piece. 1x1 printed tile. Batman nanofigure. Regular head, torso and legs. Cloth collar piece. Cloth skirt piece. The baseplate has a Wonderland motif  

52427745239_aaacb2268f_o.png

8. Scarecrow

Part assortment (5 pieces): New hat+hair combo piece. New scythe piece. Regular head, torso and legs. The baseplate features the effect of Scarecrow's fear gas. 

52427458606_74ce34fc19_o.png

9. Nostromos

Part assortment (5 pieces): New hairpiece. 2x2 printed tile. Slope piece. Regular head and torso. The baseplate references the decor in Nostromos' cult hall

52427979023_eaf427bb7a_o.png

10. Bane

Part assortment (7 pieces): Weight piece (x2). 3L bar. Extra head. Regular head, torso and legs. The baseplate references Bane's strength and the titlecard from his episode.

52427979238_1553bbba97_o.png

11. Phantasm

Part assortment (9 pieces): New blade "hand" piece. Cowl. The Waynes Tombstone (1x2x2 brick (x2)+ 2x1 Double 45° Slope(x2) + 1x4 plate piece). Regular head, torso and legs. Tattered cape. The baseplate has Phantasm's smoke. 

52427978998_658c363e50_o.png

12. Maxie Zeus

Part assortment (5 pieces): New hair+beard piece. Lighting bolt piece. Regular head, torso and legs. Cloth skirt. The baseplate shows an ancient greek motif. 

52427916055_72a2f0e77b_o.png

13. Penguin

Part assortment (7 pieces): New hat+hair combo piece. New belly torso piece. Umbrella piece. Faberge egg (Egg piece+stud). Short legs. Regular head. The baseplate references the Penguin's wealth. 

52427916025_f751850732_o.png

14. Killer Croc

Part assortment (7 pieces): Short chain (x2). Extra head. Rock piece. Regular head, torso and legs. The baseplate represents Killer Croc's gray crocodile-like skin. 

52427754324_736eeee778_o.png

15. Red Claw

Part assortment (7 pieces): New hairpiece. Gun. Deathly virus container (bucket piece+stud) . Regular head, torso and legs. The baseplate features Red Claw's tattoo over the coordinates as she is an international terrorist 

52427916000_89214e7f3c_o.png

16. Riddler

Part assortment (7 pieces):  Bowler hat. Wand as a cane. Suprise box (box piece from Series 18 + 2x2 tile). Regular head, torso and legs. The baseplate features the Riddler's trademark question marks

52427978933_1e66fb91b8_o.png

17. Vertigo

Part assortment (8 pieces): New hairpiece with eyepatch. Sonic Drill (double barrel space gun+hollow stud+Technic 1/2 Pin+bulb with bar piece). Regular head, torso and legs. Cape. The baseplate depicts the vertigo effect caused by the eyepatch

52426954467_da4e728897_o.png

18. Scarface & Ventriloquist

Part assortment (9 pieces): New body piece for Scarface. Fedora hat. Tommy gun. 1x1 round plate with pin. Bald granpa hairpiece. Regular head, torso and legs. The baseplate features a mafia motif.

52427745064_ff5499e1c7_o.png

Extra pic! Back view

Spoiler

52427745044_070a043ea5_o.png

19. Poison Ivy

Part assortment (7 pieces): New hairpiece. New mini repeater crossbow accessory. Technic ball (x2). Regular head, torso and legs. The baseplate presents thorny vines. 

52427458636_a3bff64f83_o.png

20. Mr. Freeze

Part assortment (10 pieces): New helmet piece similar to Mysterio's. New shoulder armor piece. New gun piece. Laser beam piece with special printing. Snowglobe (2x2 dome + 2x2 round plate with rounded bottom + woman nanofigure). The baseplate represents Mr. Freeze's ice powers 

52427979068_d48d7993e9_o.png

21. Ninja

Part assortment (5 pieces): Katana sword piece. 2x2 tile. Regular head, torso and legs. The baseplate depicts the scene of the final showdown between Ninja and Batman

52427458676_2b37579f2a_o.png

22. H.A.R.D.A.C.

Part assortment (5 pieces): New cowl with robotic side piece. Cutlass sword piece. Regular head, torso and legs. The baseplate represents the robotic nature of the Batman duplicant. 

52427458781_2f174393a7_o.png

23. Two-Face

Part assortment (6 pieces): New hairpiece. Tommy gun. 1x1 round tile printed. New double molded head. Regular torso and the legs. The baseplate represents the character's dichotomy and his color scheme.

52427745004_43e2d50a2d_o.png

24. Baby Doll

Part assortment (7 pieces): New hairpiece. Plastic skirt piece. The baby recolored as the character's rag doll. Short legs. Regular head and torso. The baseplate shows the events of the episode drawn as child doodles. 

52427979263_461f46c76f_o.png

25. Clock King

Part assortment (6 pieces): New cane piece. New pocket watch piece. Bowler hat. Regular head, torso and legs. The baseplate shows the insides of a clock in reference to the character's main shtick. 

52427745359_fd25f267a6_o.png

26. Joker

Part assortment (7 pieces): New hairpiece. Bomb (technic ball+posing piece). Joker's card (2x1 printed tile). Regular head, torso and legs. Coattails cloth piece. The baseplate has the character's maniacal laugh written all over it.

52427916155_2c115084f4_o.png

27. Dr. Hugo Strange

Part assortment (5 pieces): 2x1 printed tile. Medium legs. Extra head. Regular head and torso. The baseplate represents the character's profession and his discovery of Batman's identity. 

52426954772_d7b4209f13_o.png

28. Clayface

Part assortment (4 pieces): New molded head. New molded arm (x2). Regular torso and legs. Extra head. The baseplate symbolizes Matt Hagen's former life

52426954812_deddae3e62_o.png

29. Harley Quinn

Part assortment (7 pieces): New gun with the boxing glove piece attached. New hyena piece. Jester hat. Extra head. Regular head, torso and legs. The baseplate has the character's color scheme.

52427979128_4bc59ac1e1_o.png

30. Batman

Part assortment (5 pieces): New closed cowl. New open cowl. New baseplate. Regular head, torso and legs. The baseplate is a unique one shaped as the Bat-insignia

52428026934_fb8b471c19_o.png

Here is the group pic!

52428289358_3632f63cb4_o.png

The bag:

52427745409_09dd12f594_o.png

The leaflet (both sides): 

52427979103_ed1ffaa3e3_c.jpg 52427916090_e4d9f5af15_c.jpg

That's it! Thanks for looking! Please share you feedback down below!

52427745019_afa022e0a9_b.jpg

Praise be to @Robert8: the King of Custom CMF's has produced another masterpiece! We are not worthy!

...Ahem. Really nice series, I love that you gave some of the more obscure (and needed IRL) characters a place in the series (Ventriloquist & Scar face, Phantasm, Mad Hatter) and some that we've gotten before but weren't quite right. (I'm talking about you, TLBM Clock King!) Although, if it were real, I think people might take issue with the international terrorist lady. (however fictional Red Claw may be!)

Any other custom CMF or otherwise projects you're working on?

Damnit, everyone of these is absolutely amazing!
Personally, I would've given Killer Croc a sliiightly green tint on his skin, but other than that, I want them all :wub: :wub: 

Excellent job!

Regards,
Mitch

5 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

Damnit, everyone of these is absolutely amazing!
Personally, I would've given Killer Croc a sliiightly green tint on his skin, but other than that, I want them all :wub: :wub: 

Excellent job!

Regards,
Mitch

Thanks! I used TLG color palette for these so it was either green or gray, and Killer Croc didn't had green skin until the reboot. 

21 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

Praise be to @Robert8: the King of Custom CMF's has produced another masterpiece! We are not worthy!

...Ahem. Really nice series, I love that you gave some of the more obscure (and needed IRL) characters a place in the series (Ventriloquist & Scar face, Phantasm, Mad Hatter) and some that we've gotten before but weren't quite right. (I'm talking about you, TLBM Clock King!) Although, if it were real, I think people might take issue with the international terrorist lady. (however fictional Red Claw may be!)

Any other custom CMF or otherwise projects you're working on?

Thanks you!

I might try my hand in some other licensed series in the future... 

Another great wor Robert8 pulled! I literally thought Robert8 finished with his Series A- Z! It’s just nice to see another new series tho. I used to be a huge fan of that series whenIwas a kid.

My favorite:

1.) Posion Ivy (She is my favorite villian…lol).

2.) Joker

3.) Man-Bat (I love that wings!)

4.) Mr. Freezer

5.) Hayley Quinn

6.) Penguin (I love that belly piece idea! I don’t care about the missing nose, lol)

7) Batman’s BASEPLATE (I mean, I love that idea baseplate…)

Nice work, Robert8!

On 10/17/2022 at 6:37 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

Another great wor Robert8 pulled! I literally thought Robert8 finished with his Series A- Z! It’s just nice to see another new series tho. I used to be a huge fan of that series whenIwas a kid.

My favorite:

1.) Posion Ivy (She is my favorite villian…lol).

2.) Joker

3.) Man-Bat (I love that wings!)

4.) Mr. Freezer

5.) Hayley Quinn

6.) Penguin (I love that belly piece idea! I don’t care about the missing nose, lol)

7) Batman’s BASEPLATE (I mean, I love that idea baseplate…)

Nice work, Robert8!

Thanks! Poison Ivy is very first one. She is also a favorite of mine. 

Joker and Baby Doll were quite challenging to translate into LEGO form

I'm quite happy with how all of them came out really. And I think Batman is worthy of his own baseplate. 

On 10/15/2022 at 3:17 PM, FrightFlight said:

Looks wonderful! Really hoping we get more coverage of TAS from Lego someday.

Thanks!

Yeah, let's hope ! :laugh:

On 10/16/2022 at 1:03 AM, Thena said:

And where is the Gray Ghost ?

I didn't include him as he is not a villain

Amazing! 10 of 10 all designs and I also like that extra layer of graphic design you did on each plate; would that be printed or would it be a sticker? 

Where is Batgirl, Robin, Bullock, Gordon and Alfred? 

BTAS is like a holy bible to me and this project is amazing. I wish there was an upvote function here :D Have you ever considered applying for the LEGO graphic design department?

On 10/20/2022 at 12:39 PM, Rui Miguel said:

Amazing! 10 of 10 all designs and I also like that extra layer of graphic design you did on each plate; would that be printed or would it be a sticker? 

Where is Batgirl, Robin, Bullock, Gordon and Alfred? 

BTAS is like a holy bible to me and this project is amazing. I wish there was an upvote function here :D Have you ever considered applying for the LEGO graphic design department?

Thanks! 

Those are meant to be printed baseplates. I know that would be too expensive, but this is meant to be a "deluxe" product. Some of the baseplates were changelling to make, like Ra's Al Ghul's. Other were pretty straightforward like Two- Face's

I only included Batman + 29 villains. So no Batgirl, Gordon, Alfred.... and Robin. Even if I love Dick Grayson

I can't apply for that job because I don't have a degree on graphic design. It's just a hobby :)

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Thanks! 

Those are meant to be printed baseplates. I know that would be too expensive, but this is meant to be a "deluxe" product. Some of the baseplates were changelling to make, like Ra's Al Ghul's. Other were pretty straightforward like Two- Face's

I only included Batman + 29 villains. So no Batgirl, Gordon, Alfred.... and Robin. Even if I love Dick Grayson

I can't apply for that job because I don't have a degree on graphic design. It's just a hobby :)

They are very good :) As your previous projects. 

Oh, I see, but LEGO always hires a vast talent from different backgrounds. Even if you build a portfolio and showcase these and future projects they could have you into consideration. 

Hope to see your next project ;) Cheers

I can't believe I almost overlooked this...

Fantastic work as always, @Robert8! Given TLG's love of the Bat, it's a little surprising that they've never dipped into the BTAS designs. What an iconic series! Certainly it was what introduced me to the bulk of the Batman mythos, as well as being a far more nuanced portrayal of superhero-type action than anything else I had ever seen. It really struck me as a teen, how many of Batman's enemies were portrayed as victims, of their own mental illness and/or society. (Actually, reflecting on it...how many BTAS villains were driven to extremes because they were unfairly judged for their appearance? Mary Dahl, Matt Hagen, Paige Monroe...and that's just off the top of my head! Clearly it was on the minds of the show writers a lot.)

Anyway, this is absolutely fantastic and the unique baseplates are an especially clever touch! Thank you for continuing your great work in this theme!

On 10/22/2022 at 7:46 AM, Karalora said:

I can't believe I almost overlooked this...

Fantastic work as always, @Robert8! Given TLG's love of the Bat, it's a little surprising that they've never dipped into the BTAS designs. What an iconic series! Certainly it was what introduced me to the bulk of the Batman mythos, as well as being a far more nuanced portrayal of superhero-type action than anything else I had ever seen. It really struck me as a teen, how many of Batman's enemies were portrayed as victims, of their own mental illness and/or society. (Actually, reflecting on it...how many BTAS villains were driven to extremes because they were unfairly judged for their appearance? Mary Dahl, Matt Hagen, Paige Monroe...and that's just off the top of my head! Clearly it was on the minds of the show writers a lot.)

Anyway, this is absolutely fantastic and the unique baseplates are an especially clever touch! Thank you for continuing your great work in this theme!

Thanks!

I'm glad you liked them!

Supposedly, the very first wave of Batman minifigures back in 2006 were based on BTAS (and sequel comics, thus Two-Face's purple skin) 

That's why I love BTAS villains, which is why I included 29 of them. There are a few who are completely lunatic like Joker or Maxie Zeus , others who are victims like Baby Doll or Clayface and other who are just evil like Penguin or Sewer King. 

On 10/22/2022 at 5:27 AM, Rui Miguel said:

Hope to see your next project ;) Cheers

Hi @Robert8

I was not expecting to see a new cmf series ! Not soon, not even at all! I’m ashamed it took me so long, I’m not on the forum much nowadays…

Thank you for designing so many great figures. 30 is quite a few and each one is full of details. I don’t follow Batman history or the animated series, so I don’t have the background to know who most of these characters are. But what can say is, your design manage to give each of these characters so much life and personality, it makes want to research each and every one of them. It’s remarkable that can make me want to collect these figures in spite of my unfamiliarity. Additionally, it’s neat to see some assets reused from your ideas for cmfs, as well as many new accessories. :thumbup:

Thank you for returning and blessing us with these drawings! Stay well! Now, I have some research to do. 

On 10/28/2022 at 11:41 PM, ToaIruini said:

Hi @Robert8

I was not expecting to see a new cmf series ! Not soon, not even at all! I’m ashamed it took me so long, I’m not on the forum much nowadays…

Thank you for designing so many great figures. 30 is quite a few and each one is full of details. I don’t follow Batman history or the animated series, so I don’t have the background to know who most of these characters are. But what can say is, your design manage to give each of these characters so much life and personality, it makes want to research each and every one of them. It’s remarkable that can make me want to collect these figures in spite of my unfamiliarity. Additionally, it’s neat to see some assets reused from your ideas for cmfs, as well as many new accessories. :thumbup:

Thank you for returning and blessing us with these drawings! Stay well! Now, I have some research to do. 

thank you! :classic:

Saw these on Instagram first so I forgot to comment.

But I love them. Really standout work all round. Great that you've gone with some more niche characters, and I adore the personalised baseplates.

I think @Rui Miguel is right in that if you want to apply to work at Lego ( I understand you might not want to) then you shouldn't let the lack of a relavent degree hold you back, you've certainly got more than enough proof of both talent and skill.

On 10/15/2022 at 10:03 PM, Robert8 said:

I might try my hand in some other licensed series in the future... 

I'll look forward to them.

Edited by Agent Kallus

On 11/21/2022 at 5:22 PM, 1980-Something-Space-Guy said:

Beautiful job on these! Hope Lego is listening. :classic:

Thanks!

On 11/22/2022 at 3:17 AM, Agent Kallus said:

Saw these on Instagram first so I forgot to comment.

But I love them. Really standout work all round. Great that you've gone with some more niche characters, and I adore the personalised baseplates.

I think @Rui Miguel is right in that if you want to apply to work at Lego ( I understand you might not want to) then you shouldn't let the lack of a relavent degree hold you back, you've certainly got more than enough proof of both talent and skill.

I'll look forward to them.

Thanks so much. I dont think that's enough to get a job there but knows...

Sadly, with Kevin Conroy's passing ends the era of BTAS. As a child, I watched the spanish dub of the show, but as an adult, I watched the original and Kevin's Batman was so superior to any other Batman VA 

On 11/25/2022 at 3:43 PM, Robert8 said:

Sadly, with Kevin Conroy's passing ends the era of BTAS. As a child, I watched the spanish dub of the show, but as an adult, I watched the original and Kevin's Batman was so superior to any other Batman VA 

Tomorrow marks Kevin's birthday 😢. The news of his passing hit me hard like a punch in the stomach. Since then I pause a project I was working on and created a small set to homage to Kevin. I will publish it tomorrow.  

And as before I will say it again! Love these figure designs you made 😀

Another great series.  Phantasm and Clayface are my favorites but I am biased towards villains as they are my favorite characters in Batman.  Also your version of Manbat is wonderfully done.  

On 12/24/2022 at 4:22 PM, zoth33 said:

Another great series.  Phantasm and Clayface are my favorites but I am biased towards villains as they are my favorite characters in Batman.  Also your version of Manbat is wonderfully done.  

Thanks zoth33! 

They just introduce arms similar to Clayface's in the Disney 100 series. So a Clayface like the one I posted here is not impossible 

LEGO-Minifigures-71038-Disney-100-JHL9G-39-150x150.jpg

Literally Made a EuroBricks account just to tell you how awesome your designs are!! I absolutely love your work and especially your designs for Croc and Bane!

25 minutes ago, 21gatliffa said:

Literally Made a EuroBricks account just to tell you how awesome your designs are!! I absolutely love your work and especially your designs for Croc and Bane!

Thank you so much! 

Killer Croc was a challenge. His face was very difficult to translate into LEGO form

These designs are indeed very beautiful. :thumbup: Too bad we'll never see them in physical form... :cry_sad: If Lego realised something like that, I would have bought them all! 

19 hours ago, Max_Lego said:

These designs are indeed very beautiful. :thumbup: Too bad we'll never see them in physical form... :cry_sad: If Lego realised something like that, I would have bought them all! 

Thanks!

Let's hope one day TLG will release BTAS minifigures