MaximillianRebo

[MOC] Horizon: Zero Dawn machines (New: Behemoth & Longleg)

To go alongside the excellent Tallneck set, I created MOCs of four other machines from the Horizon games: a Sawtooth, a Scrapper, a Grazer and a Charger for Aloy to ride. Hope you enjoy!

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Charger

Sawtooth

Grazer

Scrapper

Edited by MaximillianRebo
Change photo size

18 hours ago, thewatchman said:

These are stunning!

I’d love small build instructions or some breakdown photos to replicate these for my wife.

Thank you! I've added instructions for the Charger & Grazer to my Rebrickable page:

Charger: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-125811/MaximillianBricks/horizon-zero-dawn-charger/#details

Grazer: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-125740/MaximillianBricks/horizon-zero-dawn-grazer/#details

Very cool! I’m not familiar with the game, but reading the blurb about it in the instructions definitely made me want more of the machines.

Very very cool!
I'm currently in the middle of Horizon Forbidden West and had an irresistible urge to grab my Dualsense seeing these.

Your Grazer and Scrapper are my favorite. Fantastic work getting them to be so small yet so recognizable!

All of these are awesome, Nice work. :classic:

Will you be doing instructions for the other two as well?

Thank you everyone for your comments!

On 10/20/2022 at 12:32 AM, MKJoshA said:

Your Grazer and Scrapper are my favorite. Fantastic work getting them to be so small yet so recognizable!

My plan was to get these as close to minifig scale as possible, especially so that Aloy could ride the Charger. Even though the Tallneck itself is much smaller than scale, these models don't look enormous when placed next to it. I'd like to get the Scrapper a bit smaller, but can't find a way to do it without sacrificing detail.

9 hours ago, apemax said:

All of these are awesome, Nice work. :classic:

Will you be doing instructions for the other two as well?

Instructions for the Scrapper are almost done, just fighting with Stud.io to get a decent page design. I'll try to get it uploaded this week. Sawtooth instructions are in progress, but will take a bit longer.

Just bought the Tallneck, even when I never played HZD - but I want to change that for christmas.^^

I wanted to say Thank you for your MOCs and the first instructions - definitely building them when I have the spare parts. :-)

18 hours ago, neithan said:

Just bought the Tallneck, even when I never played HZD - but I want to change that for christmas.^^

I wanted to say Thank you for your MOCs and the first instructions - definitely building them when I have the spare parts. :-)

You're very welcome. The Tallneck was also something I wanted to build without having ever played the games.

On 10/23/2022 at 3:34 AM, apemax said:

Right, Cool to hear. Will keep an eye out for them. :thumbup:

Scrapper instructions are now online:

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-127313/MaximillianBricks/horizon-zero-dawn-scrapper/#details

beautiful creations, for sure i will use your instructions to build them as my 9 y.o. son is a huge fan  of both games  (finished both with all trophies)

Lately I've added two more machines to my Horizon collection: a Behemoth and a Longleg.

Behemoth

Horizon: Zero Dawn Behemoth

Longleg

The Longleg can stand on its own, but the clutch power in the clip/bar joints in the legs are finicky. Even with the trans clear pieces it's still prone to lose it's balance, I should probably change to trans clear 2x2 round bricks for better support. Also included is my mod of the official Watcher. Changes include a different tail piece, shorter legs to get it closer to the ground, and small changes to the head design.

Horizon: Zero Dawn Longleg & Watcher

Was just playing this on friday, and hunting those exact 2 machines ( well and snapmaws). Both are pretty great renditions.:thumbup: the behemoth is the better of the 2 but it's larger size gives you more to work with so that makes sense.

Wauw it is so beautiful! I can not wait to see the instruction for the sawtooth and the behemoth. You sre great at making them

These are great! Very recognisable even on a relatively small scale. I really like the newest additions. Well done and thanks for sharing!