Sign in to follow this  

eb_img0.png

Hi Boys and Girls,

I am happy to share my newest creation.

Follow link for instructions

More details here

3D-Play here

This Grand Prix Air-Truck is an alternate build for official model 42144 Material Handler. All 805 required parts to build comes with this set and there is no need for other parts or other sets to build this Truck. In order to give this model a complete look, 7 spare parts are required that are all available with set 42144. Inspired by a real Race Truck, this model features:

• manual steering with knob
  • openable doors on both sides
  • tiltable cabin with lock
  • V6 engine with moving pistons
  • Pneumatic functions
  • high-adjustable rear-axle with air
  • air-suspension
  • detailed design
  • 32cm x 15cm x 15cm (38cm with open cab)

In scale, this alternate build fits all mid-sized Trucks from the past years with the same tires and rims.

Impressions

animation.gif

img1.png

img2.png

img5.png

img8.png

img9.png

img10.png

Air-Suspension and how it works

This model comes with Pneumatics and an adjustable rear axle that is connected to the V6-engine, where air-filled cylinders acts like shock absorbers.
The lower the air-pressure is, the smoother the suspension works. The harder the air-pressure is, the harder the shock absorbtion works. The rear can be adjusted from low with no suspension to the highest point with full air-suspension. Instructions are very clear and understandable on how to connect Pneumatic-parts and tubes.

img7.png
a.gif

Instructions

Premium PDF instructions for this 42144 alternate build comes with 181 pages of high quality images and building steps to ensure a long and satisfying building experience. Following are example pages to show the quality of instructions:

i_58_1x.png
i_75_1x.png
i_88_1x.png
We will Truck you.
This Grand Prix Air-Truck alternate build uses almost all parts from the given set 42144. Have fun with it.