Darkkostas25

[MOC] [WIP] Doom train for Spooktober 2022

Nice work on the skull and I love the streamlining near the cab! Although, you might want to put a wedge plate such as this under the front teeth to keep them straight, if there is clearance for it with the rails.

Also, at long last, I'm not the only one one to build a 4-10-4 steam locomotive! It's so weird they skipped over this wheel arrangement in the real world... they did 0-10-0, 2-10-0, 4-10-0, 4-10-2, and 4-10-2, but not 4-10-4! It's so strange, considering they made 12 (and a single 14 driver) coupled engines.

...Anyway, awesome MOC, can't wait to see the future progress!

Edited by Murdoch17

Wow.

I am not too much into weird things (for me), but this is really cool.

It is a steam engine, right? If so, I can so see her thundering about through the snow - with "matching" coaches - they are just slim in design, some lights visible inside, barely some skulls are visible through the foggy windows ...

Absolutely fantastic.

Thank you very much for sharing! (As well as for all your other creations you are sharing here!)

All the best,
Thorsten 

11 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

Nice work on the skull and I love the streamlining near the cab! Although, you might want to put a wedge plate such as this under the front teeth to keep them straight, if there is clearance for it with the rails.

Also, at long last, I'm not the only one one to build a 4-10-4 steam locomotive! It's so weird they skipped over this wheel arrangement in the real world... they did 0-10-0, 2-10-0, 4-10-0, 4-10-2, and 4-10-2, but not 4-10-4! It's so strange, considering they made 12 (and a single 14 driver) coupled engines.

...Anyway, awesome MOC, can't wait to see the future progress!

Well I like wheels, a LOT of WHEELS in trains ._. even in bogies (I LOVE 6-wheel Poolman's passenger carriages) and yeah when need more trains with diverse wheel arrangements :D

On wedge may try

Toastie coaches i`ll try my best for them

I like your creepy locomotive. The skull front with eyes is definitely a masterpiece. Having ribs along the boiler jacketing adds to the effect. Will there be a tender to go along with this vile monstrosity?

8 hours ago, Feuer Zug said:

I like your creepy locomotive. The skull front with eyes is definitely a masterpiece. Having ribs along the boiler jacketing adds to the effect. Will there be a tender to go along with this vile monstrosity?

Yeah coz it`s a steamer and I'm open to suggestions 

Yikes!! That skull is to die for. :devil:  I like the way it leads into the streamlining. I think that it would definitely freak out any passengers waiting at the station. It would be just perfect for the Necropolis Railway.

12 hours ago, Darkkostas25 said:

Yeah coz it`s a steamer and I'm open to suggestions 

How about a coffin...? Too weird...?

1 hour ago, Hod Carrier said:

Yikes!! That skull is to die for. :devil:  I like the way it leads into the streamlining. I think that it would definitely freak out any passengers waiting at the station. It would be just perfect for the Necropolis Railway.

How about a coffin...? Too weird...?

as carriage? 

I don't think the side-rods will be able to go around like they are with those claws sticking out on the sides, not to mention the side clearance issues involved if it were really built! Also, that mouth in the coal bunker is legit freaky.

37 minutes ago, Murdoch17 said:

I don't think the side-rods will be able to go around like they are with those claws sticking out on the sides, not to mention the side clearance issues involved if it were really built! Also, that mouth in the coal bunker is legit freaky.

legs are optional coz find some cool and freaky designs with centipede design trains but yeah kinda too much 

4 hours ago, Darkkostas25 said:

but yeah kinda too much 

Huh?

Not for me. This would the hell of a Halloween Train, just dwarfing anything I have seen before ... just making it go back and forth on straight with two tunnels at each end would soo do it for me. The tender is a blast.

Man. The whole thing: Crazily cool.

Best,
Thorsten

You know, you should put this on Lego Ideas.  Think a lot of AFOL would like something like this.  Not sure where you are on piece count, but adding 2 coaches/cars would be a nice touch.  One could be a simple flat car (low piece count) with some scary mini figs.

10 hours ago, LegoDW said:

You know, you should put this on Lego Ideas.  Think a lot of AFOL would like something like this.  Not sure where you are on piece count, but adding 2 coaches/cars would be a nice touch.  One could be a simple flat car (low piece count) with some scary mini figs.

I`ll get a few upvotes, and trains on ideas. Even when they got 10k they don't go anywhere else except maybe on Bricklink or some third-party companies(if very lucky, but I lack knowledge about motorization.). Yeah, I'm an optimistic person :

Some info

• I do now mostly "Shells" for the main shaping and to know in which direction to work on
  • Legs stay but are kinda like an option (I can't figure out how to make them move by themselves with wheels like a centipede (maybe for the next spooky train))

For some updates

Casket wagon (Kinda)

spooki_7.pngspooki_6.png

spooki_10.png

Edited by Darkkostas25

The freeky clown tender is great, and I adore the casket themed carriages. You've got a great idea going here.

This puts all of the Lego ghost train sets to shame, very creative and what I like is that you did not dumb down any of the train features.

I’m loving the direction you’re taking with this. The Hellish Clown tender is very creative and the casket coaches are extremely well done.

So does this loco burn coal, wood, oil or the souls of the damned?

11 hours ago, Hod Carrier said:

the souls of the damned?

I believe this is what they - however they are (or is) - do.

This is really pure and utter Halloween - and the very best part of it: It is a train!!! This is so giving to the train heads - I am completely in love.

I have never seen anything even remotely matching on this particular theme. I really can see this beautiful monster roaring through a snow covered Transylvanian mountain setting ... heading for ... who knows.

What @Darkkostas25 is bringing together with this absolutely fantastic "train" is for me: Creativity, building skills (be it in a computer - once you have the major outline, it can be done in bricks), and simply touching on a multitude of "feelings", as a train head. I like the head of the locomotive (for me, big boys come to mind), the boiler - slick, the cabin, and the tender - a side view alone would be a little frightening, but just trying to get on board and realizing the clowny face ... then you try to turn away, James Bond wise - jump over to the carriages - it is 11:55 pm ...

Man.

What a beautiful idea and realization.

All the best,
Thorsten   

On 10/10/2022 at 2:29 PM, Hod Carrier said:

I’m loving the direction you’re taking with this. The Hellish Clown tender is very creative and the casket coaches are extremely well done.

So does this loco burn coal, wood, oil or the souls of the damned?

Hmm didn`t think about it but the usage of souls and flesh of damned is nice :)

On 10/11/2022 at 1:45 AM, Toastie said:

I believe this is what they - however they are (or is) - do.

This is really pure and utter Halloween - and the very best part of it: It is a train!!! This is so giving to the train heads - I am completely in love.

I have never seen anything even remotely matching on this particular theme. I really can see this beautiful monster roaring through a snow covered Transylvanian mountain setting ... heading for ... who knows.

What @Darkkostas25 is bringing together with this absolutely fantastic "train" is for me: Creativity, building skills (be it in a computer - once you have the major outline, it can be done in bricks), and simply touching on a multitude of "feelings", as a train head. I like the head of the locomotive (for me, big boys come to mind), the boiler - slick, the cabin, and the tender - a side view alone would be a little frightening, but just trying to get on board and realizing the clowny face ... then you try to turn away, James Bond wise - jump over to the carriages - it is 11:55 pm ...

Man.

What a beautiful idea and realization.

All the best,
Thorsten   

Thanks for kind words :) 

Werewolf den wagon 

Or livestock wagon full of Wereguys and gals

and only now see that 6 stud wide is quite small =_=

spooki_13.png

Cars/wagons

werewolves - livestock wagon

skeletons - engine