evancelt

[COR-FB] Armory, Queenston

"Armory, Queenston"

Royal Altonian Grenadier Guards receive new short swords from the quartermaster at the royal armory in Queenston.

queenston-armory-1.jpg

queenston-armory-2.jpg

----------------

Built as a collaboration with @Ayrlego. To be licensed by Corrington as a medium artisan in Queenston.

This is a very beautiful landscape and building. I like the yellow and white color combination separated by wooden beams. The grenadiers have nice uniforms and weapons.

It was great seeing this come together. I really like the bottom windows and the addition of the tooth/rail combination on both the upper and lower windows. The seaweed tree is a interesting concept that I think I want to try! Licensed for Corrington.

That tree looks great... that tree looks awful... I can't make up my mind. :pir-laugh:  It definitely comes close to working, if it doesn't quite.  Also love the handcuffs over the windows, didn't know those came in white.  Great bright colors too!

The color palette is brilliant, the wall techniques are great too and so is the vegetation and the baseplate. I am not fond of the 2-style roofing as I would either pick wood log/round bricks (as first choice) or the shield-type tile ones but not mixed them.

Regarding 3rd party minifigs, while owning some of them myself to test them out, I find them a bit too detailed when mixed with LEGO bricks and minis. Their acessories are a total different story though...!!! :pir_tong2:

Edited by blackdeathgr

On 10/2/2022 at 3:13 AM, Professor Thaum said:

I will retain the windows job, which is great.

I'm not very fan of thrid brand display.

I look forward to seeing you use it!

On 10/2/2022 at 12:41 PM, Spud The Viking said:

Great build, I like the mixing of colours!

My only complaint is that it feels like there are too many figs.

Yeah, maybe better with one off the back?

On 10/2/2022 at 12:42 PM, Ayrlego said:

It was great seeing this come together. I really like the bottom windows and the addition of the tooth/rail combination on both the upper and lower windows. The seaweed tree is a interesting concept that I think I want to try! Licensed for Corrington.

Love the subsequent uses of the seaweed tree in your builds!

On 10/3/2022 at 12:35 PM, Kai NRG said:

That tree looks great... that tree looks awful... I can't make up my mind. :pir-laugh:  It definitely comes close to working, if it doesn't quite.  Also love the handcuffs over the windows, didn't know those came in white.  Great bright colors too!

Yes the white handcuffs are new this year I think!

On 10/5/2022 at 3:43 AM, blackdeathgr said:

The color palette is brilliant, the wall techniques are great too and so is the vegetation and the baseplate. I am not fond of the 2-style roofing as I would either pick wood log/round bricks (as first choice) or the shield-type tile ones but not mixed them.

Regarding 3rd party minifigs, while owning some of them myself to test them out, I find them a bit too detailed when mixed with LEGO bricks and minis. Their acessories are a total different story though...!!! :pir_tong2:

Agreed on both counts - i ran out of pieces which is why the roof is hodgepodge.

I love those figures mostly for their hats and swords :D This redcoat with black facing is the best of the bunch I think