legolux1973

[MOC/MOD] June's Cargo Train. (10219 in Friends Style)

Hello to the group.

My daughter June complained about no trains in the Friends Series, so I tried to redesign the set 10219: Maersk Train (for me as a Noob in Trains one of the train sets I like the most) in LEGO Friends Style and Colors.

The main structure of the objects remained the same, major changes were a) the interior of the locomotive cabine so that a friends figure fits in, b) the extension of 1 stud of the truck's cabine (a friends figure can also here sit in now), the front of the locomotive and the layout of the containers. 

All the parts exist in the corresponding colors, the light bluish grey train base plates are more or less the most "rare" parts.

Maybe you like this mod of the  10219: Maersk Train.

52235054699_f8e42b463c_b.jpg

[MOC] June's Cargo Train by legolux1973, on Flickr

Regards,

legolux1973  

Cute one! yeah, there is a big miss in FRIENDS with trains and trams(open streetcar will be a good addon to HartLakecity (or how it`s named)). Sadly TLG doesn't do much about this problem. :\  

This MOC reminds me a bit of the Lionel-brand "girls train" of the 1950's, but with a modern twist. (pic from Google image search / PBS' website)

AR1103_2020-crop-c0-5__0-5-676x380.JPG

It was not a good seller at the time - it was considered a dud of an idea - but is now highly sought after by collectors.

However, since times have majorly changed since the '50's, it might be that LEGO should hop aboard the hype train with something akin to your model in a set. It might be a good way to bring young people into the train-section of the Lego hobby that otherwise wouldn't touch it, and could even be used as a teaching tool. ("see tracks, think train" style) Besides, who don't want a pink locomotive or a see-through tank car filled with fish? it might not be "reasonable" or "prototypical", but most Lego trains use curved tracks no real railroad uses, or are selectively compressed due to the size of a mini fig. Heck, the monorail sets weren't even true monorails, and they are HIGHLY prized by those who own them. But I digress!

It's a VERY cool MOC @legolux1973, I hope to see this in real bricks someday!

Very nice.  The good thing with LEGO is you can always learn to make your own with their pieces if momma LEGO doesn't provide.  :wink:

@legolux1973 "Freakin' awesome" (mildly put) :-) 

Did you by chance share instructions or a "Set inventory" for this lovely MOC?

Our little "June" over here is so into her doll world, and me into my trains ... that she definitely needs one like this :-)

On Flickr I only see one or two poster shots like the one above, are there more detail pics anywhere? Found your account on afol.lu, but not this set there . . . anywhere else to look?

PS/OT: your remake of the famous yellow castle is absolutely magnificent!

Oooooooh this is a great train!!!  :thumbup:

I tried in the past to make a "Lego Friends locomotive" for my daughter too, but there were too few parts and I quit the idea moving to a more conventional color combination. :laugh:

Good Idea and very nice realization! :pir-love:

Ciao!

Davide