Legoman123

Futurama

Thoughts on weather or not we’ll receive Futurama lego? 

It’s a theme I’ve wanted for as long as I can remember. After all 2/3 Futurama Lego Ideas sets reached 10000 votes.  Not to mention the series is starting back up next year. 

Who knows. Considering that it has a drinking, smoking robot as one of the main characters and that all of those projects got turned down (even ones that didn’t include the characters) it seems unlikely to me, but then again I never expected expected LEGO Simpsons to ever be a thing. All I know is if we don’t get it, I don’t want to live on this planet anymore. 

1 hour ago, Oky said:

Who knows. Considering that it has a drinking, smoking robot as one of the main characters and that all of those projects got turned down (even ones that didn’t include the characters) it seems unlikely to me, but then again I never expected expected LEGO Simpsons to ever be a thing. All I know is if we don’t get it, I don’t want to live on this planet anymore. 

Great reference😂. Lego are doing the 18+ sets now though, makes me think there could be a chance there. 

2 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

Great reference😂. Lego are doing the 18+ sets now though, makes me think there could be a chance there. 

18+ is a branding device, not a content rating. It's a tactic for LEGO to say "hey adults, you might like this, spend your $$$".

They haven't thrown their content policies totally out of the window, but they do seem to bend things here and there. I'm just not sure Futurama is currently (or ever has been) popular enough for LEGO to make something off of it.

6 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

18+ is a branding device, not a content rating. It's a tactic for LEGO to say "hey adults, you might like this, spend your $$$".

They haven't thrown their content policies totally out of the window, but they do seem to bend things here and there. I'm just not sure Futurama is currently (or ever has been) popular enough for LEGO to make something off of it.

I suppose your right but there is defiantly sets like Friends and Queer Eyes that are rated 14+ which have got sets, I only say that because they are rated the same age as Futurama.  

Maybe you’re right but I really thought it was a popular show and as I said with two different things reaching 10000 votes, it would make sense.  I’d say a 3rd is approaching as well as there is a brickheads ideas set that’s reached over 1000 supports in a relatively short time span.

On 9/27/2022 at 7:18 PM, Legoman123 said:

It’s a theme I’ve wanted for as long as I can remember. After all 2/3 Futurama Lego Ideas sets reached 10000 votes.  Not to mention the series is starting back up next year. 

Cloudy.

I'd prefer they finish doing The Simpsons first. Moe, Barney, Lenny and Karl, Skinner.

2 hours ago, MAB said:

I'd prefer they finish doing The Simpsons first. Moe, Barney, Lenny and Karl, Skinner.

And…they did finish the Simpsons. 

Moe, anyone?

On 9/27/2022 at 7:18 PM, Legoman123 said:

Not to mention that Mega Brands previously had the license back then, but who knows?

Futurama is probably my favourite cartoon of all time, next to Avatar the last Airbender, so I would love collect it in Lego form! 

I think a single CMF series would suit the theme well, you would need new moulds for Bender and Zoidberg at least, I can imagine them doing new moulded heads for everyone like the Simpsons Series or do instead as they did with Scoobydoo and just make new hair, I’m not sure which is best in this case….

The 12 figure limit covers the main PE crew and other primary characters well with no big omissions: 

Philip J. Fry

Turanga Leela

Bender

Professor Farnsworth

Amy Wong

Hermes Conrad

Zoidberg

Cubert Farnsworth

Nibbler

Kif Kroker

Zapp Brannigan

Carol "Mom"

and if it was still 16 figures I would have added:

Dwight Conrad

Calculon

Robot Devil

Lrrr

Of course then we could also have the Planet Express ship and/or headquarters building as a D2C with an exclusive figure Scruffy (like Snake in the Kwik E Mart) 

Edited by Bugbot20082

On 9/27/2022 at 7:45 PM, Oky said:

LEGO made a Stranger Things set, that's a horror show so anything is possible.

Futurama does return in 2023 so it would be a great time to finally make the set we all want, and a CMF series.

On 11/14/2022 at 12:43 PM, Maple said:

LEGO made a Stranger Things set, that's a horror show so anything is possible.

Futurama does return in 2023 so it would be a great time to finally make the set we all want, and a CMF series.

Exactly, surely it can't be said that Futurama is worse than Stranger Things.  As long as nobody else has the licence I don't see why not.  

4 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

Exactly, surely it can't be said that Futurama is worse than Stranger Things.  As long as nobody else has the licence I don't see why not.  

Stranger Things is very popular, but how many times has Futurama been canceled? 4 now? It's the show with the most series finales ever. I think what really holds it up is the fact all the characters would probably get molded heads and I'm guessing Simpsons didn't sell as well as LEGO hoped.

8 hours ago, Maple said:

Stranger Things is very popular, but how many times has Futurama been canceled? 4 now? It's the show with the most series finales ever. I think what really holds it up is the fact all the characters would probably get molded heads and I'm guessing Simpsons didn't sell as well as LEGO hoped.

Well, sometimes discontinued licensed LEGO themes make a brief comeback in some form. Look at the Homer & Krusty BrickHeadz set from 2018! That was, like, 3 years after The Simpsons theme was discontinued.

41 minutes ago, MatthewRC said:

Well, sometimes discontinued licensed LEGO themes make a brief comeback in some form. Look at the Homer & Krusty BrickHeadz set from 2018! That was, like, 3 years after The Simpsons theme was discontinued.

Brickheadz is really weird, even LotR is returning there. Brickhead have printed pieces, but no new molds so we get more licensing with them