Murdoch17

1920s trolley cars - 9v and unpowered 10308 MOD's - free LDD file

I've remade the rest of set 10308 - Holiday Man Street, so I tried my hand at the cable car. I turned it into a more common streetcar - specifically a Birney safety Car. (link to wiki article on the streetcar type) I have recolored a second copy blue in addition to red, as there is trolley line in St. Louis, Missouri that uses replica Birney's in blue and red for a modern trolley line in an historic area called the Delmar Loop as a line called the "Loop Trolley". (Granted, the new replicas used by the Loop Trolley use a single modern pantograph and not trolley poles, and have two two-axle trucks and not two fixed axles alone. But I digress!)

52383525551_60f5fb6a53_z.jpg

My model of a classic Birney Safety Car has a different, more accurate roof, complete with two trolley poles along with full-length sides. Sadly, this means most of the interior was scrapped as it was too cramped for figures to sit.

52386639780_734d834a6f_z.jpg

The blue one features a 9v train motor, while the red one is unpowered.

52386206716_ccbd0feddc_z.jpg

NOTE: The four (per trolley) black lattice window panes used in the door spaces as gates are missing in the LDD file. You can find this part on Bricklink under part number 38320.

The free LDD file for both models together can be found at this Bricksafe page.

Thoughts?

Edited by Murdoch17