Oky

[CATC] Monster Racers

52384935786_87325eeaf7_n.jpg

Do you like spooky themes such as Monster Fighters? Do you miss the high-octan action of themes like Racers and Mighty Micros? Then get ready for the next action theme: Monster Racers!

Every 1000 years, on All Hallows Eve at the stroke of midnight, all of the monsters gather under the full moon to perform a ritual that will determine the next King of the Monsters: a big race through the monster realm on spooky racecars!

Category 2 - Minifigs

The following are some minifigs that could show up in the first wave of sets:

• Count NOS-Feratu - A special type of vampire who instead of drinking blood only craves adrenaline! He is very powerful and wealthy. He likes to host the Monster Race on his castle grounds and has been the champion many centuries in a row.
  • Wereracer - A racecar driver who was bit by a werewolf one day and now turns into a big, mean racing beast every full moon. His driving style is quite vicious and wild, making him a force to be reckoned with on the track!
  • Pharaoh Speedopatra - Also known as the Scorpion Queen, she used to rule ancient Egypt, but she had a big need for speed, so she had herself mummified and a curse put upon her so that she would reawaken when racecars got invented.
  • Frankenracer - Created by the Mad Mechanic, this monster was assembled from the body parts of some of the best racers in the world in an attempt to make the ultimate racecar driver!
  • Skeleton Racer - A skeleton magically brought to life by NOS-Feratu in order to give him a worthy opponent to race against. He believes that he can go faster than the other racers because he doesn't have any meat on him to weigh him down.

52385365495_68cedcd840_z.jpg

• The Headless Racer - A racecar driver from Speedy Hollow who lost his head in a car accident a long time ago and now rides his racecar in search for it, using a flaming pumpkin as a replacement.
  • The Wicked-fast Witch - A powerful magic user who utilizes spells and potions to make her go as fast as possible. She is wicked fast, and if you try to pass her, she just might turn you into a toad!
  • Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Ryde - Ever since Dr. Jekyl took a serum to try to control his need for speed, he occasionally turns into his alter ego Mr. Ryde, a ruthless and wild racer who greatly enjoys driving and will do anything to win the race!
  • Ghost Racer - The restless spirit of a driver who died before he could finish his race. Now he haunts the track until he can win the race. He is completely invisible except for his racing suit and sunglasses.
  • The Mad Mechanic - Once a brilliant scientist, he has dedicated his life to building the perfect racecar and created Frankenracer to drive it. He can be found working on cars in his laboratory/workshop or helping with the technical aspects on the racetrack.
  • Zombie Pit Crew - A horde of the undead who were brought to life by the mechanic's mad science to help him with the maintenance of the Monster Racers' cars. They're not very bright or very fast, but they will do anything you ask of them in exchange for some brains - eventually.

52385243849_18eda0a8f4_z.jpg

Category 1 - Theme Concept

Set name: Headless Racer VS. the Wicked-fast Witch
Pieces: 80
Price: $10

52385243974_fc7d8234d4_z.jpg

52384935906_92faeaecb7_z.jpg

Set name: The Big Monster Race
Pieces: ~250
Price: $30

52385243929_d30d5719d4_z.jpg

52384935841_d31963ab5b_z.jpg

Oh this is very nice, I really like how whimsical this is. And yeah, like Agent Kallus, the Pumpkin and Mummy karts are my top faves too :thumbup:

But overall, I just love everything about this!

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

A continuing theme (3-5 year run) of this would be a phenomenal idea. I'd love to see polybags like this, and additional sets with a much larger fleshed out car. I can see alot of growth and fun with this. I would purchase these.

This is one of the best posts I have seen on Eurobricks in a while! If this were a real LEGO theme, I would certainly buy it. 

The use of pumpkin pieces as wheels for the Headless racer car is low-key brilliant!