I have 5 words for you : Villainous Time Traveling Hypnotist Gnomes.

So what is this theme? Well the story behind it is that Professor Bronwyn Saturnis has been working on a scientific breakthrough but has run out of funds for the project so she has to turn to a mysterious backer to support her project. But this mysterious backer turns out to the heir to evil, the cruel lord Olpud, son of Ogel! He uses Saturnis's project ,a form of temporal energy, to power an array of time travelling devices! Recruiting the Hyp-gnomes he gathers an army of hypnotised warriors from across history to help he take over the world! Feeling at least slightly responsible for this turn of events Saturnis find herself a team of champions from across time to help her defeat Olpud and hyp-gnomes, NamelyLeo The Spartan prince, Beo the Geatish folkhero, Neo the intergalactic explorer, Cleo the Egyptian Icon, and Theo the American progressive. They must find the pendulum tower, to seek out Hyp-Gnomes not loyal to Olpud's cause who may teach them how the free the hypnotised army from across history so that they might turn them against their kidnapper and commander.

SET 1: Hyp-Gnome Time Machine £8.99 - 91 parts ( 80 if we exclude the minifig parts )

52381215006_e35a8d3cae_b.jpg

52381451213_1b4b339b4b_b.jpg 

52380774932_bdcd8ace54_b.jpgHyp-Gnome time machine 3 by Bismuth83, on Flickr

A time machine for a gnome Hypnotist, Leo the spartan is there to stop the Hyp-Gnome from travelling back in time to hypnotise and kidnap warriors from across time to enlist them into Olpud's service. Inspired by the H.G.Wells time machine, it has a spinning time rotor and includes 2 minifigs Leo and a Hyp-Gnome.

Set 2: Olpud's HQ - Anachronos Rock £129.99 - 1161 parts (1096 if we don't include the figures )

52380712562_bbb2621b08_b.jpgOlpud's HQ - Anachronos Rock

52381647966_07aa56f58e_b.jpg

52380712372_cca2c36321_b.jpg

52381960404_c50bff3083_b.jpg

52380712462_99561a3114_b.jpg 

In a foolish attempt to demoralise the champions, Olpud is holding hostage something precious to each of them in his headquarters. Find them hidden in the fortress: Theo's Horse, Cleo's Snake, Leo's Shield, Beo's Monster head, Neo's space helmet and Saturnis's energy hourglasses! These headquarters have plenty of features! with a removable Twin bucket hover catapult with room to store it in the cave, a booby trapped floor in the grey castle tower to drop trespassers into the pit below. There's 5 working cannons and 2 working catapults ( the ammo is include in the build, 4 blue cannisters on the hover catapult and 2 yellow spikeballs on the large catapult. you can separate the fortress into 3 separate sections for better access. you can see across the set the stolen pets and items from the champions. the time energy can be placed into skull totem to power up Olpud's time crown! There's a launcher on top the tower to knock the watchman out of their post. Includes minifigures of : Professor Saturnis (hiking outfit), Theo, Cleo, Neo, Olpud with time crown, Hyp-Gnome (medal piece repurposed as hypnotist's pendulum), Hypnotised Aztec warrior (baseball bat used as a stand it for themacuahuitl part from series 21) , Hypnotised Roman Solider, Hypnotised Persian warrior and a hypnotised Conquistador. Here I've used red eye's to show the 'hypnotised effect'  If it were real they would all have unique faces with hypnotised swirly eyes on one side and normal faces on the other, so that you can free the warriors from the hypnosis. 

All of the names here have meaning, Saturnis is named for Saturn, roman equivalent to Kronos Greek god of time, Olpud is Duplo backwards (like how Ogel is lego backwards) ,hyp-gnome is an obvious portmanteau of hypnotist and Gnome and Champions themselves all share the eo ending and are mostly named for historical figures. Leo is named after king Leonidas of Sparta, Theo is named after Theodore Roosevelt, and Cleo is obviously named for Cleopatra, Beo and Neo are the odd ones out here as they aren't named for historical figure, with Beo being named after Beowulf and Neo meaning new as the future is new? will be new? whatever... Beo doesn't actually appear in either of the sets I've made (maybe I should have sneaked him into the time machine set) But I was trying develop an idea for a whole theme not just the sets I've built. I have not made a minifigure line up for the rest of the hypothetical sets so I'm only entering this theme into the first category. But for fun and to help flesh out the theme concept here is a brief outline of the full wave ( which I have not limited to 5 (as is required for category 2) as it's just for fun)

Hypnotised warriors battlepack £14.99 - Hypnotised Pict, Hypnotised Joseon royal guard, Hypnotised roman soldier, Hypnotised Dahomey warrior - build is 

Camel drawn super-laser £24.99 - Cleo, Theo, Hypnotised Persian warrior, Hyp-gnome - the build is a camel drawn wagon with a huge futuristic cannon on it, it includes 2 camels (to pull the wagon) and a horse (for Theo to ride)

War Elephant escape £34.99 - Carthaginian warrior x2, Theo (mountaineering outfit), Hypnotised Nubian archer, Hypnotised Aztec - moulded  elephant from the city line with a brick built saddle and a  rowboat with a hot air balloon modification.

Time Lab £39.99 - Saturnis (hazmat suit), Neo (hazmat suit), Olpud (spacesuit), Hypnotised Incan warrior, Hypnotised Ninja - build is an interior of a lab with lots of play features.

Champion's basecamp £59.99 - Leo, Neo (Casual outfit), Theo (Pyjamas), Saturnis (Pyjamas), Hypnotised Mongolian warrior, Hypnotised Saxon. - build is a ruined museum with a camp build into it with tents and bed etc. 

Pendulum tower £89.99 - Hyp-gnome (good)x3, Hyp-gnome (evil) x2, Leo (unarmoured), Beo (unarmoured), Saturnis (casual clothes) - build is a tall toadstool-esque tower with a large hanging pendulum and open back with interior rooms

Raid on the Roman arena £139.99 - Roman soldiers x2, Gladiator x2, roman citizens x2, Roman senator, Hyp-Gnome, Hypnotised Redcoat, Hypnotised Samurai, Hypnotised Spaceman, Beo, Neo - the build is a roman coliseum under attack by a wild west style train that has been modified with spaceship parts to make it fly and equipped with weapons from several eras.

edit: Accidently corrupted my renders so this took a little longer than it should have.... has going to post this about 8 hours ago.... (not that it took eight hours to render but I had other priorities) 

Edited by Agent Kallus
ytfugihojulp;

On 9/25/2022 at 4:56 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

I really Ike this idea, you did make a great theme idea!!

Thank you :blush: I was aiming to conceptualise a whole theme concept and story rather than just make 2 sets on thier own ( if that makes sense). 

I was a bit worried about pressing up against the deadline ( though I needn't have worried about that given the extension) because I didn't start on this one untill after  I'd posted my first entry.

It seems like only me and @Mandalorianknight have gone so far as to make 2 entries in category 1( though I might have missed someone else's second entry) but hopefully that'll play out to our favour .:laugh:

I had a look at some of the other entries but I want to make sure I've looked at all of them before voting. Especially if we can't vote for ourselves ( though I can't really see why not as I'm sure we'll get more people voting than entering, at least that has been my experience previously)

18 hours ago, JJ Tong (zfogshooterz) said:

I don't think I have seen Lego doing Gnomes (to my awareness) so this pretty cool! I really like the look of the Time Machine :laugh:

I think there's a CMF gnome but that's about it. I'm glad you like the time machine because part of me was a bit unsure about it and considered remaking to give it more play features but I liked it how it was so I kept it like that.

On 9/25/2022 at 2:41 AM, Grey Magistrate said:

This looks absolutely lunatic.  I love it!

Thanks I wanted it to be crazy to that's a sign I succeeded :grin:.

On 9/26/2022 at 2:56 AM, CrappyMocMaker said:

I love how wacky Olpund's HQ looks!

Thanks I was aiming for something a bit whimsical and wacky. I did have more 'things' I wanted to fit into Olpud's HQ but I thought the rock was important for meshing them together seamlessly well not seamlessly as the rock was an intention seam, and I didn't was to overcomplicate it. So I'm glad the idea for that got through without it becoming too much of a mess.

Oh, ho ho. i just love this. The anachronistic mountain is my favourite thing. The Roman Collins the pyramid capstone, the pirate ship, the spaceified catapults and the castley towers! It is just 'chefs kiss' no wait 'chefs snog!'

Gnomes are like a type of fairy's so are they Cryptids? That ones my second favourite but this one beats it for me but both would be themes I'd persue.