Sign in to follow this  
principalbricks

Fake Jewel Gem? (30153 / 28556)

Parts that don't have a LEGO logo drive me crazy, as I avoid high-quality fakes slipping into my collection...

One such part is the Jewel Gem. In recent years, it has finally received an embossed LEGO logo on its side.

But the older version doesn't seem to have a LEGO logo anywhere? Some of mine have an air bubble inside, and some do not.

Could someone who is sure their old Jewel Gem is genuine/from the box please let me know if theirs have an air bubble inside?

Or any other tips on how to tell a genuine Jewel Gem from a fake one (old mold)?

Thanks!

Most of my collection, maybe 75%, has bubbles while the rest don't.

I did notice that all of them have a slight indentation on the bottom where the molding injection point is. Maybe other brands would be flat?

I wonder if my trans black gem I got from bricklink is real or not then.

As I got mine for a low price. But the seller kept increasing the price as more were sold. Eventually getting up to 100.

And they were the only one with that gem. So it might be a rare misprint or a Legoland part.

Hard to tell if it's cloudy since it's trans black. But if it is fake. it doesn't bother me that much. I got it for real cheap. Just another gem in my chest of every trans color the gem piece has been made in.