6 hours ago, davejsp said:

don't have any fan base

Very few have here some fan base, but we (at least me) don't "cry" out (loud)  about that.

Otherway, pretty good "speedy" alternative. 

And no need to cover something so much - this is technic, not model team. OK, latest official technic builds wouldn't agree :)

Interesting drivetrain and form factor, even though the wheels feel a bit out of proportion. Could the whole body be lifted a few studs maybe? Then it could have more ground clearance in the middle and at the front/rear bumpers, and the wheels would also not feel so huge?

It would be good to see how this drivetrain can cope with more bumpy roads and some uphills.

2 hours ago, Jurss said:

Very few have here some fan base, but we (at least me) don't "cry" out (loud)  about that.

Otherway, pretty good "speedy" alternative. 

And no need to cover something so much - this is technic, not model team. OK, latest official technic builds wouldn't agree :)

Being a pickup, it just didn't look right being able to see the motors and structure below the dump bed, so, yeah.

57 minutes ago, gyenesvi said:

Interesting drivetrain and form factor, even though the wheels feel a bit out of proportion. Could the whole body be lifted a few studs maybe? Then it could have more ground clearance in the middle and at the front/rear bumpers, and the wheels would also not feel so huge?

It would be good to see how this drivetrain can cope with more bumpy roads and some uphills.

I believe so, the MOC is like this because it's an alternative model of an exixting set and i was limited by the parts on the set. The wheels can perfectly be changed to smaller/narrower ones, and the body structure changed for higher ground clearance, but it won't be a proper B-Model anymore.

1 hour ago, davejsp said:

I believe so, the MOC is like this because it's an alternative model of an exixting set and i was limited by the parts on the set. The wheels can perfectly be changed to smaller/narrower ones, and the body structure changed for higher ground clearance, but it won't be a proper B-Model anymore.

Sure, I know it's a B model, and I meant my suggestion within the constraints of the set :)

2 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

Sure, I know it's a B model, and I meant my suggestion within the constraints of the set :)

Oh, i suppose it can be done, but then, moving pieces around could substantially change the MOC appearance.

Nice design.

Like how You made shock absorber connection in front. Yes, visual lightnes is lost.

Don't like something about doors. Eeverything else pretty smooth, but doors are somehow rough.

Indeed, the design is pretty neat, and I love the adder mechanism for the drivetrain that allows the engine to run separately and speed up when the model is moving! Great detail! I like the front suspension too, and the door opening/locking mechanisms are also cool additions.

4 hours ago, Jurss said:

Nice design.

Like how You made shock absorber connection in front. Yes, visual lightnes is lost.

Don't like something about doors. Eeverything else pretty smooth, but doors are somehow rough.

Yeah, i didn't have a clear 100% idea about how I wanted the doors to be like, that's why I think they ended up being a bit rough, yeah, I did knwo I wanted a locking mechanism, so the panels i used seemed logical because of the pin holes available and being flat.

1 hour ago, gyenesvi said:

Indeed, the design is pretty neat, and I love the adder mechanism for the drivetrain that allows the engine to run separately and speed up when the model is moving! Great detail! I like the front suspension too, and the door opening/locking mechanisms are also cool additions.

Thanks, for me it was logical to include a way to disconnect the fake engine and reduce friction for maximum RC performance since this MOC is quite heavy.

29 minutes ago, davejsp said:

Thanks, for me it was logical to include a way to disconnect the fake engine and reduce friction for maximum RC performance since this MOC is quite heavy.

Yes, that is a practical thing to have, I had the same problem in my latest MOC (which will be presented soon), not only does it generate some unnecessary friction, but also the engine is running so fast that it is actually generating plastic dust (2x Buwizz motors for drive). Anyway, I don't get how that's implemented with that simple pin, can you elaborate on that? In my model I had to remove an axle to disconnect the fake engine..

4 hours ago, davejsp said:

There is a picture on the MOC post that shows the mechanism, basically, the only thing that connects the transmission to the fake engine is a single 5l liftarm which has the transmission axle in the middle pin hole with a gear, and has another gear at the top pin hole, as the transmission rotates, this liftarm will go either to the left or right, engaging on different gears, the pin i show in the video connects to the bottom pin hole of the 5l liftarm locking it in a 100% vertical position, keeping it from touching the gears on either side, so no connection to the transmission is active this way.

I couldn't figure out what that part does, but now I get it, nice mechanism, thanks for the explanation (though my model does not have space for it).

Looks OK, especially for c-model. I like attention to details - that scoop on the roof.

6 hours ago, Jurss said:

Looks OK, especially for c-model. I like attention to details - that scoop on the roof.

Thanks, it was indeed a challenge to add details because this set lacks parts for that purpose.