Sign in to follow this  
Falcrum

[MOC] Bespin - Bounty Hunters

Hello there! I present to you the third entry to my miniseries - Bespin, specifically a part of the Cloud City interior. Since this location is consistently discriminated by LEGO (not counting 250$ sets), as a fan of the saga and a Bespin enjoyer, I felt obliged to build it myself.

52377691022_6c1f2a9970_c.jpgMain by Jakub Grochowski, on Flickr

My goal was to accurately represent the characteristic interior features - raw, geometrical ornaments on the walls, light gray accents - I even managed to find a few trans-clear plates for the central decoration. Most importantly though, I really wanted to build the door, contrasting with impeccable whiteness of the Cloud City.

52377691932_13fceb9026_z.jpg

I also constructed my own IG-88 droid:

52378944734_f547067fdf_z.jpg

Last, but not least, I'm presenting the armament - I reckon Star Wars blasters are 100% buildable from LEGO bricks and I don't tolerate third party blasters, like Brickarms.

52378945179_28fa1cf871_z.jpg

Please feel free to comment and let me know what you think!

Edited by Falcrum

I encourage Eurobricks users to express their opinion on this MOC, feedback, be it positive or negative, is the most crucial ingredient in a creative process.

21 hours ago, Falcrum said:

I reckon Star Wars blasters are 100% buildable from LEGO bricks and I don't tolerate third party blasters, like Brickarms.

Agreed 100 % :thumbup:

Nice IG 88, very creative. I also noticed your door, with the inverted jumpers : clever idea ! And your SW wall technique, with imaginative greeblings...

I really like your moc! The empty scenery in the second picture looks very atmospheric. It looks almost like a film still and there is a lot of tension in the air and something is about to happen in a second, like a bunch of bounty hunters blows the door or something :laugh:

The ornaments, the sculpture and the door work well together :thumbup:

Looking at the second image I immediately see the Bespin level form the old lego star wars game. It is spot for Bespin and I must concur with you that Bespin is sorely neglected by TLG.

Edited by Agent Kallus