Piraten

Lego Masters S2 DK E1-2

Finally.. We made tese cut me and my buddy Michael.

Short introduction. I’m Brian 40 years old. (on the left) Michael is 38. We got know each other in 2016/17 trough Facebook groups. Our favorite themes is Pirates. In 2019 we had a huge pirate layout at the Skærbæk FanWeekend and was contacted by the production behind LM here in Denmark and asked to go to a casting. But then Covid was the thing and everything was postponed. Then we casted for the first season and almost made the cut. They asked us to be ready to be backup if they had problem with corona. Never happened. I went home and made the crown just to make something new instead of the familiar pirate theme. Michael had already started on some LOTR projects as his new thing.

LEGO MASTERS

The production reached out again when season 2 was announced. We went to casting and then made the cut. What a thrill ! ! It was like 2 be 7 again. :)

Episode 1

And then it happened. First day in the studio. First challenge was a 3 hour build where we had just had to impress the judge Søren Dyrhøj, (Lego Senior Designer)

He was not introduced to us before the build so he had no clue on what the teams had builded.

So after 3 hours we could present af wonderful build called Overflødighedshornet / Cornucopia. A great build with a lot of colors and plenty of small stories.

The winner of the challenge won the key to the brickpit, so the could lock it for one hour. Peter and Ida made a funny Flamingo.

Next challenge was a part of af city called City of Dreams. We made Sky Hotel with 8 stars.

LEGO MASTERS

All the luxury that you could ever dream of.  Small skyways to jump on and  take a ride. Floating Limo

LEGO MASTERS

LEGO MASTERS

LEGO MASTERS

Other parts of the city was a treehouse, a farmertown, flamingo/birdhotel, kids paradise, and a artist-neighborhood.

LEGO MASTERS

LEGO MASTERSLEGO MASTERSLEGO MASTERS

And then it was decided who the winner of the first episode and the golden brick was .

TADA Lena and Christina with their beautiful artist-neighborhood.

LEGO MASTERS

Episode 2

Back in the studio again and ready for the next challenge. We was presented with a huge map of Denmark.. Nothing on it. It was our job to make it alive. Michael and me got Nordjylland/ Northern Jutland. And really not a problem. We both like geography (pirates need to know where to sail).

So after a good brainstorm we decided to go with Rubjerg Knude Fyr, Læsø Salt, Ferry to Sweden, Skagen, Aalborg Zoo, Bangsbo Fortress in Frederikshavn, Faarup Sommerland. All known landsmarks and attractions.

Rubjerg Knude Fyr is a famous lighthouse that was moved away from the costal line to secure it. And we made it move also.

Læsø Salt is famous for their fine salt. And we showed how they made the salt back in the old days. And still do.  This was our 2 centerpieces and we had them motorized.

LEGO MASTERS

The whole map was awesome to see. Do you know some of the landmarks  ?

LEGO MASTERS

Winner was Rasmus and Jakob with their take on Eastern Jutland With Aros Museum. The Frigate Jutland, Citygate of Horsens and Himmelbjerget.

Hope you like this and please feel free to ask anything :)

Photocredit Henrik Osten TV2 Denmark.