Sign in to follow this  
Bryckland

[MOC] Land ho!

blogged.png

Hello everybody

This is my first attemp at a brick-built ship, I wanted to use the curved shape of the tail part in a way or another and eventually found how! :pir_laugh2:

52330621527_40532f64d3_c.jpg

52332009005_b3211d3e3f_c.jpg

Bonus shot:

pn02-1d.jpg

Edited by Marooned Marin
Blogged on the Classic-Pirates.com

Very good construction technique. This is a very beautiful and well built little ship. :pir-love:

This is a great design!  I don't suppose we could get an digital file for it?  I'd love to get a better look at the technique you used.  Are the fore and aft tapers done with hinges?

14 hours ago, NOD said:

Very good construction technique. This is a very beautiful and well built little ship. :pir-love:

13 hours ago, Thomas Waagenaar said:

What a cute little boat! Lovely hull technique!

5 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Wow,  this boat will not really float in the water but on the other hand it is made in an ingenious way! :pir-wub:

Great MOC! :thumbup:

4 hours ago, Marooned Marin said:

Fantastic little ship! :pir-thumb:

Thank you! Glad you all like it!

7 hours ago, Cousarmy0001 said:

This is a great design!  I don't suppose we could get an digital file for it?  I'd love to get a better look at the technique you used.  Are the fore and aft tapers done with hinges?

I am thinking about releasing one, as the ship is now my most liked post on IG :pir-laugh:

I used modified plates #78257 (so useful!) and #63868 to get the exact angle I needed. Here is a screenshot from my Studio draft:

image.png.99cf0685181fc8da7cfc2f80fe6a4862.png

16 hours ago, Bryckland said:

Thank you! Glad you all like it!

I am thinking about releasing one, as the ship is now my most liked post on IG :pir-laugh:

I used modified plates #78257 (so useful!) and #63868 to get the exact angle I needed. Here is a screenshot from my Studio draft:

image.png.99cf0685181fc8da7cfc2f80fe6a4862.png

I, for one, would be stoked if you did!

This is really great.  What is the part number for the curved pipe looking pieces at the top of the tapers?

Great design and lots of NPU. The way you angled the hull sections is almost more impressive than your use of the tail pieces.

On 9/18/2022 at 6:14 AM, Cousarmy0001 said:

I, for one, would be stoked if you did!

This is really great.  What is the part number for the curved pipe looking pieces at the top of the tapers?

That's the tail #40378 https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=40378#T=C

On 9/18/2022 at 11:52 AM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Excellent custom hull - great little boat! :pir-huzzah2:

Thanks! :pir-huzzah1:

6 hours ago, Feuer Zug said:

Great design and lots of NPU. The way you angled the hull sections is almost more impressive than your use of the tail pieces.

Thank you, I spent much more time figuring how to use the tails though :laugh:

Everything looks right for this lovely built boat! The building technique and original parts use is on a very high level! :pir-thumb:

Nice techniques used in this beautiful model.
I haven't seen it commented yet (and AFAIK haven't seen this design as well), but extra's kuddo's for the anchor.

And the extra shot with the fotoshopped water spash… fantastic! I really love the smaller vessels and how much detail is possible to put into them !

Saw this on IG the other day, love it. How many pieces in total were used for the ship?