Medel

[MOC] SMALL MEDIEVAL SCENES

Hello All,

Most of us collect minifigures and display them side by side. Instead of displaying minifigures like this, I decided to create some small scenes. Yes, it needs more space but looks better. What do you think?

IG: medel_brick

MEDIEVAL

MEDIEVAL

MEDIEVAL

MEDIEVAL

MEDIEVAL

MEDIEVAL

Edited by Medel

Lovely way to display your minifigs! It's hard to pick a favorite. I guess i like the beast riders and warriors the most. The sheep also :laugh: And of course the king in the last scene looks very impressive. Well done!

These are superb!  That first tree is awesome - and the others look great too.  The round bases are a great idea.

Love all of this! I'll have to spend some more time with it to determine my favorite parts, but for now "wow!" covers it.

5 hours ago, The Reader said:

Looks great!

Thank you very much 

1 hour ago, SirBlake said:

Love all of this! I'll have to spend some more time with it to determine my favorite parts, but for now "wow!" covers it.

I appreciate, my favorite is tournament knights 🤙🏽

4 hours ago, jtooker said:

These are superb!  That first tree is awesome - and the others look great too.  The round bases are a great idea.

Thank you 🙂

4 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Lovely way to display your minifigs! It's hard to pick a favorite. I guess i like the beast riders and warriors the most. The sheep also :laugh: And of course the king in the last scene looks very impressive. Well done!

Thank you, I am glad you like it.

19 minutes ago, woodford86 said:

Something about this picture looks illegal...

Here we go...

Gorgeous collection of scenes. The details in each are rich, but not overwhelming. I love the wraith attacking the soldiers.

Really nice. Graveyard is a fave.

I’ll have to look to do something similar. Don’t have space to display all the models and armies, so this is a great inspiration.

Oh, charming little scenes indeed! It's neat that a collection of little scenes like this can create the sense of such an elaborate world — rich in historical and fantasy elements, and populated by all sorts of heroes, villains, and common folk alike.

It's awesome seeing how many different tree designs you came up with between these models. I can tell you had a lot of fun finding new ways of using parts from sets like the Bonsai Tree. The tree/shrub in the final scene, with its many thin, branching limbs, feels especially unique compared to other brick-built tree designs I've seen previously.

I also like the rounded bases… they kind of remind me of some tabletop wargaming figurines, or for that matter, of the figurines from my family's old Fontanini nativity set. And it's cool how just by using subtly different colors for the ground and foliage in the various scenes, you were able to create a very different mood and sense of place in each one.

I can definitely imagine re-arranging a bunch of little vignettes like this to tell different stories with the characters, such as having the brigands from the third scene attacking the shepherd's flock from the fourth! All in all, you did an awesome job making the most of such a small footprint for each model, and figuring out how to display all these exciting characters in a way that really brings them to life!

10 hours ago, Aanchir said:

Oh, charming little scenes indeed! It's neat that a collection of little scenes like this can create the sense of such an elaborate world — rich in historical and fantasy elements, and populated by all sorts of heroes, villains, and common folk alike.

It's awesome seeing how many different tree designs you came up with between these models. I can tell you had a lot of fun finding new ways of using parts from sets like the Bonsai Tree. The tree/shrub in the final scene, with its many thin, branching limbs, feels especially unique compared to other brick-built tree designs I've seen previously.

I also like the rounded bases… they kind of remind me of some tabletop wargaming figurines, or for that matter, of the figurines from my family's old Fontanini nativity set. And it's cool how just by using subtly different colors for the ground and foliage in the various scenes, you were able to create a very different mood and sense of place in each one.

I can definitely imagine re-arranging a bunch of little vignettes like this to tell different stories with the characters, such as having the brigands from the third scene attacking the shepherd's flock from the fourth! All in all, you did an awesome job making the most of such a small footprint for each model, and figuring out how to display all these exciting characters in a way that really brings them to life!

Waov, what a comment. When someone spends his/her time and makes a long comment like this, I think the moc is really liked. Thank you very much for your kind words. 

Designing trees was the main challenge here which I am very happy what it turned to. 

About the round bases, you are right. When you buy figures such as hot toys, the figures come with a base and this was the idea before I start this.

Thank you very much again, I am glad you like it.

11 hours ago, Rjbricks said:

Really nice. Graveyard is a fave.

I’ll have to look to do something similar. Don’t have space to display all the models and armies, so this is a great inspiration.

Thank you, it is hard for me to choose a favorite. 🙂

16 hours ago, Feuer Zug said:

Gorgeous collection of scenes. The details in each are rich, but not overwhelming. I love the wraith attacking the soldiers.

I appreciate 🙂

11 hours ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

Looks like a great way to display 'war gaming' units lego style, I might have to borrow the base design. The figs and scenes are great :pir-thumb:

Thank you very much 🙂

1 hour ago, Pirate_King_1982 said:

Wow what a great concept. Simple yet really, really characterful in their execution. Kudos.

Thank you very much 🙌🏼

On 11/4/2022 at 9:08 PM, BlackGloveBricks said:

Your tree work is beautiful! Nicely done! 

Thank you 🙂