Jiesdeo

LEGO Creator 2023 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

Stonewars published a partial list of the Creator 3-in-1 sets for the first half of 2023.

• 30641 - Panda - 83 pieces - Release: January 1st, 2023 - RRP: 3.99 €
  • 30642 - Birthday Train - 58 pieces - Release: January 1st, 2023 - RRP: 3.99 €
  • 30643 - ??? - 61 pieces - Release: March 1st, 2023 - RRP: ???
  • 30644 - Oldtimer - 59 pieces - Release: January 1st, 2023 - RRP: 3.99 €
  • 30645 - ??? - 78 pieces - Release: June 1st, 2023 - RRP: ???
  • 31133 - White Bunny - 258 pieces - Release: January 1st, 2023 - RRP: 19.99 €
  • 31134 - Space Shuttle - 144 pieces - Release: March 1st, 2023 - RRP: 9.99 €
  • 31135 - Oldtimer Motorcycle - 128 pieces - Release: March 1st, 2023 - RRP: 14.99 €
  • 31136 - Exotic Parrot - 253 pieces - Release: March 1st, 2023 - RRP: 24.99 €
  • 31137 - Cute Dogs - 475 pieces - Release: March 1st, 2023 - RRP: 29.99 €
  • 31138 - ??? - ??? pieces - Release: March 1st, 2023 - RRP: ???
  • 31139 - Cozy House - 808 pieces - Release: March 1st, 2023 - RRP: 59.99 €
  • 31140 - Magical Unicorn - 145 pieces - Release: March 1st, 2023 - RRP: 9.99 €
  • 31143 - Birdhouse - 476 pieces - Release: January 1st, 2023 - RRP: 29.99 €

Personally, I'm most excited for the Cozy House.

Edited by Jiesdeo
Update 2022-12-07

Interesting that there isn't anything listed at the higher price range over 100.00.  Looks like a lot of polybags 30641-30645.  Curious about the Cozy House one.  Maybe the set with no price or piece count will be the big one.

It’s just a 1hy list, the big $100+ 3-in-1 set is usually 2hy.

Nothing there for me, but it's been a good couple of years and I don't feel like complaining, lol. Thanks for the list.

Cozy House sounds promising! 31012 (Family House) had 756 pieces and was a great build. Fingers crossed they achieve something similar with 808 pieces! 

Very good news that there's a House again.

Hopefully it follows the style of previous House builds with slope brick roofs.

Edited by TeriXeri

41 minutes ago, danth said:

Still hoping for a Space themed Creator set.

Sadly, that's highly unlikely with 10497 - Galaxy Explorer still on shelves. They wouldn't want to cannibalize sales of each other.

I don't think that's a reason why there could not be a space set, Space is a very wide subject doesn't have to be a Spaceship similar to 10497.

3-in-1 Pirate Ship released after Barracuda Bay. (same year)

3-in-1 Viking Ship released after Marvel Goat Boat (same year)

3-in-1 Castle co-exists with Icons Castle and Blacksmith.

I'm interested to see what this new €10 2023 Space Shuttle will be, 144 pieces you would think microscale but LEGO has done small sets like 31111: Cyber Drone as well.

Even while 31117: Space Shuttle Adventure is retiring, there's still a chance it can be some other ship design, at the very least in the alternate build.

As for other sets

White Rabbit - 2023 is Year of the Rabbit for Chinese New Year, so the January release makes sense for that like the 2022 Tiger, LEGO recently had a few spring bunny sets in 2021/2022 but more variants will be nice to see, especially 3-in-1.

Motorcycle 31114: Superbike is retiring, so a new "oldtimer" variant sounds nice, Technic recently had a small chopper set as well 42132: Chopper

Then a whole bunch of animals Exotic Parrot  and the Dogs set sound like brick built animals, LEGO did recently have 30578: German Shepherd / 30581: Tropical Parrot as polybags.

Unicorn compliments the Owl/Fantasy Creature set.

Summer sets usually have more focus on Minifig sets, and so far the Pirate, Castle, Viking sets were the summer sets so a Space-themed set then could still happen, June 2023 would be almost a year since the 10497 released also.

Edited by TeriXeri

4 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

Sadly, that's highly unlikely with 10497 - Galaxy Explorer still on shelves. They wouldn't want to cannibalize sales of each other.

3 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

I don't think that's a reason why there could not be a space set, Space is a very wide subject doesn't have to be a Spaceship similar to 10497.

3-in-1 Pirate Ship released after Barracuda Bay. (same year)

3-in-1 Viking Ship released after Marvel Goat Boat (same year)

3-in-1 Castle co-exists with Icons Castle and Blacksmith.

I have to agree with TeriXeri. And I don't think they need to stick with blue & grey & trans yellow.

An Ice Planet or Blacktron themed Creator set would be amazing. Or just any other Classic Space color scheme (white & trans blue for example).

Oh and I think Creator Castle and Blacksmith were same year too, or very close.

4 hours ago, danth said:

I have to agree with TeriXeri. And I don't think they need to stick with blue & grey & trans yellow.

An Ice Planet or Blacktron themed Creator set would be amazing. Or just any other Classic Space color scheme (white & trans blue for example).

Oh and I think Creator Castle and Blacksmith were same year too, or very close.

I don't disagree with either you, @danth or @TeriXeri. I would love a space set - really don't care what the subtheme is. (However, my first space theme was Mars Mission, which  is 15 years old this year. How about a throwback to that!?) But I'm not the one making decisions. Lego had done stupid stuff before: Galidor, Vidiyo, Scala, the My Own Train series distribution, late 1990 - 2003's town, Hidden Side's box art, Life of George, Fusion, the stadium sets, and so on! So setting this fantastic idea aside wouldn't be a stretch for them.

Edited by Murdoch17

13 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

Lego had done stupid stuff before: Galidor, Vidiyo, Scala, the My Own Train series distribution, late 1990 - 2003's town, Hidden Side's box art, Life of George, Fusion, the stadium sets, and so on! So setting this fantastic idea aside wouldn't be a stretch for them.

100% agreement on all of that! 😁

Don’t get me wrong,I’m not really into 3-in-1 sets and whatsoever Creator has but the list sounds pretty nice to me. 

I’m quite curious about Cozy House. 

But….I surely hope there will be historic sets like ninja & samuari (no…. Not like Ninjago, just think about reasltiaally historic japanese castle….) or cowboy set.