ParmBrick

[MOC] Lego Leonardo AW249 Future Italian Attack Helicopter

Hi guys! I'm back with a new model, the Leonardo AW249 Attack Helicopter, the future military chopper of the Italian Army, currently being tested.

The Leonardo AW249 is a next generation attack helicopter in development for the Italian Army, as replacement for a replacement for the Agusta A129 Mangusta. It is to be larger, more survivable, and have greater autonomy than the Mangusta, incorporating stealth technologies and mission systems to control unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV)s.
It has 20 mm chin-mounted cannon, Rafael Advanced Defense Systems Toplite targeting system and Spike missiles and/or Sidewinder missiles and/or Stinger missiles and/or Hydra missiles pods, everything on 6 hardpoints (3 for each wing),  powerful jet engines, latest available digital communications and battlefield management systems, electro-optical countermeasures and other self-defence systems, such as the DIRCM (Direct InfraRed Counter Measures) ELT\577 QUIRIS and the ELT\162 radar warning receiver. It can lift a greater payload, has more accurate radar, a larger fuel tank (with the possibility of external fuel tanks on the wings), anti-air/anti-personnel/anti-tank capabilities.

52355703134_b820ecca2d_c.jpg

52355810710_ac71e504e9_c.jpg

52355703149_0cb1cc6576_c.jpg

52355703179_b887977f04_c.jpg

52354439432_d1b4838852_c.jpg

52354439417_ca484398c9_c.jpg

Gorgeous work recreating this formidable attack helicopter. Your detail work on the AW249 is perfect. I like how you've got all the small bits like antennas included.

5 hours ago, Feuer Zug said:

Gorgeous work recreating this formidable attack helicopter. Your detail work on the AW249 is perfect. I like how you've got all the small bits like antennas included.

Thank you very much! This is, by far, my best military helicopter, with my BlackHawk. Was a bit hard to gain the perfect curves as the real one, and maintain the correct proportion overall. I'm very happy with the result, and I'm glad you like it! :pir-thumb:

1 hour ago, TheBeeze said:

This is awesome! Great job sir!

Thank you too! Hope this helicopter can be deployed in our armed forces as soon as possible, perhaps even embarked on our new aircraft carrier, the Trieste.

What an impressive flying beast you've created, ParmBrick, beautifully detailed. I really like the way you converted binoculars into a rocketpod!