For my entry into the Eurobricks Create a Theme Contest , I've decided to create a new theme centered around cryptozoology, entitled Cryptid Hunters. This theme features a team of super-secret agents, scientists, and researchers sent out on missions to find, document, and analyze various legendary cryptids! The team has to avoid the dangers of the cryptozoology world while documenting the sightings and interviewing witnesses. This theme would function as a spiritual successor to Monster Fighters and Hidden Side; two beloved spooky themes from TLG. I've outlined two sets from the theme below, both built digitally using Bricklink's Studio:

Flatwoods Monster: Encounter in the Forest [78 pieces, 3 minifigures, $10 USD]

The legendary Flatwoods Monster has been spotted in the forest! Enter the forest, investigate the crashed meteor, and attempt to document the elusive monster.

Includes tree, crashed meteor with a crystal inside, and a light brick!

Includes three minifigures: Secret Agent, Scientist, and the Flatwoods Monster!

JtAAScw.jpg

6OZ0RhX.jpg

yCvu3hr.jpg

ihtOafc.jpg

Mothman: Encounter at the Old Lighthouse [913 pieces, 4 minifigures, $100 USD]

Mothman has been drawn to the light at the old lighthouse! Hurry to the lighthouse using the stealthy speedboat, draw Mothman away using the searchlight, and save the lighthouse keeper!

Includes speedboat, old dinghy, and lighthouse with detailed interior and working light!

Includes 4 minifigures: 2 secret agents, lighthouse keeper, and Mothman!

9P1uOk3.jpg

Vpi1AP2.jpg

VWPMEPR.jpg

ieDniyc.jpg

KjO2RKq.jpg

[Author's note: the lighthouse would work similarly to the one seen in set 5770, even using the same mirrored sticker]

In theory, this theme would also feature 3 other sets: a small set with the Loveland Frog in a swamp, a medium set with Bigfoot and a log cabin, and a medium-large set with the Loch Ness Monster. I would absolutely love to see a theme like this from TLG one day; I feel like it would work well and be in line with their previous spooky themes. Thank you for checking out my contest entry, I hope you all enjoy it!

Edited by Nokturn

Brilliant idea!  I was quite fond of Hidden Side so I would be happy to see its spiritual successor.

I especially like the red light hidden behind the rock to give it an eerie red glow, coupled with the red-leaf tree.  I'd buy that one for sure!

20 minutes ago, Grey Magistrate said:

Brilliant idea!  I was quite fond of Hidden Side so I would be happy to see its spiritual successor.

I especially like the red light hidden behind the rock to give it an eerie red glow, coupled with the red-leaf tree.  I'd buy that one for sure!

Thank you!

Great work! Both of these look very LEGO-set-like to me and you have nicely presented them as well. Doesn't get much more LEGO than a small set consisting mainly of a tree, though you have made a nice distinct tree.

Great job! That lighthouse would be an instant buy for me. And the inclusion of the light brick in the small set works perfect.

On 9/12/2022 at 10:55 PM, Clone OPatra said:

Great work! Both of these look very LEGO-set-like to me and you have nicely presented them as well. Doesn't get much more LEGO than a small set consisting mainly of a tree, though you have made a nice distinct tree.

Thank you! I'm glad I was able to capture the feel of an official design/theme.

On 9/14/2022 at 6:14 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

Very nice, I could easily see this being the next evolution of monster hunters/hidden side, and I like the 1950s era.

On 9/17/2022 at 2:30 PM, The Reader said:

Great job! That lighthouse would be an instant buy for me. And the inclusion of the light brick in the small set works perfect.

Thank you both!

Amazing! The idea is fantastic and the sets are lego-y enough to be real sets. As a fan of the supernatural, thatˋd be a must buy.

This definitely feels a great spiritual successor concept to Hidden Side/Monster Fighters! The slightly darker vibe is an interesting touch there, cool job! :thumbup:

Also yeah, I do want to give my thanks too. It's because of your entry (Encounter in the Forest, in particular, a really nice set), I was able to keep my head straight and set myself on which idea I should stick with as I was struggling to pick between three different ideas for my entry. I'm really happy with the direction I've gone as the other two ideas had high chances of ending disastrously.

Again, thank you and All the Best with the contest!

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

On 9/23/2022 at 9:59 AM, JJ Tong (zfogshooterz) said:

This definitely feels a great spiritual successor concept to Hidden Side/Monster Fighters! The slightly darker vibe is an interesting touch there, cool job! :thumbup:

Also yeah, I do want to give my thanks too. It's because of your entry (Encounter in the Forest, in particular, a really nice set), I was able to keep my head straight and set myself on which idea I should stick with as I was struggling to pick between three different ideas for my entry. I'm really happy with the direction I've gone as the other two ideas had high chances of ending disastrously.

Again, thank you and All the Best with the contest!

Thank you! I'm glad I could be of some inspiration; happy to help. Good luck to you too!

On 9/23/2022 at 1:54 AM, Mirror1810 said:

Amazing! The idea is fantastic and the sets are lego-y enough to be real sets. As a fan of the supernatural, thatˋd be a must buy.

On 9/23/2022 at 2:56 PM, williejm said:

Love this 

On 9/23/2022 at 6:58 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

Oh my osh….what great job you did! I love it. 

Thanks everyone! Glad you guys enjoyed it. I enjoyed making it!

I love this, i’m afraid it i did love the time travel entry more but this is definitely my second favourite 💜💜 it’s a shame you didn’t enter the figure category 

On 9/27/2022 at 3:13 PM, ExeSandbox said:

look wat i found *huh*

Jmvqxt9.png

discorncerting

On 9/27/2022 at 10:13 AM, ExeSandbox said:

look wat i found *huh*

They move fast, I'll give them that. I wish there was a way to crack down on these guys.

I'm gonna wait a little longer to see how to allocate my votes (if your victory is clear, I might vote to get a different theme to second place), but you can count on up to 3 votes depending on how far behind you are towards the end.

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

They move fast, I'll give them that. I wish there was a way to crack down on these guys.

Aaaah, sorry I didn't mean for it to look that way!! :cry2:  I made the pic myself just to tease ya'll on this being an actual LEGO set. (Nokturn did a great job on the design after all.)

9 hours ago, ExeSandbox said:

Aaaah, sorry I didn't mean for it to look that way!! :cry2:  I made the pic myself just to tease ya'll on this being an actual LEGO set. (Nokturn did a great job on the design after all.)

Ohhhhh! In that case, great job! I know MOCs are getting stolen by the knockoff companies, so I assumed you found some site selling his set. In retrospect, I don't think amazon allows that.  But the fact that I was fooled definately speaks to the quality of that tease. I agree that it's a great set, too.