Sign in to follow this  
Simon_S

The Cake

Chapter 1: A Mitgardian Adventure https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/191046-a-mitgardian-adventure/

Chapter 2: Meeting with Haldor, the Master Builder of Bridges https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/191588-meeting-with-haldor-the-master-builder-of-bridges/

Chapter 3: The Hideout https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/192000-the-hideout/

52347614379_f37c307aee_b.jpg

52347298656_c050c87ef4_b.jpg

For Inga it was a usual morning as every day. As a baker she was used to start early in the morning. She baked a lot of different breads and on this day she also made some cake for the families of the village...

When she finished the cake, she put it on the window board so that it could cool out.

52347723785_0ce9886db1_b.jpg

She examined her work and she looked happy. The cake became quite big while it was in the ofen. And it got a nice crust which she covered with powdered sugar. She liked how the cake turned out. And she already imagined the happy face of the neighbour family to who she wanted to donate this cake...

Stephan: Mmmmmh can you smell it?

Ingrid: Oh it smells so yummy. I'm so hungry. We should get some of this delicious cake.

Stephan: I bet it's apple pie. It smells like apple pie with cinnamon sugar on top of it.

Simon: Stop it. We're on the run. We can't just go to the cake baking lady and tell her that we're hungry because soldiers of Haldor are following us and that we need her cake right now.

Ingrid: We could steal it. We have Stephan the master of thieves with us.

Stephan: Yes, let's get that cake. I'm tired of being hungry. And it smells so good!

Simon: But we're not thieves. We're fighting for freedom and justice. And now you want to rob this poor lady and steal her cake? I bet she worked hard for it. We're not doing this. This is not our style.

Stephan: Who made you to our leader? I'm hungry and I say we're going to get that beautiful delicious flavorsome cake.

Ingrid: Yes, let's steal it and then eat it!

So it was decided. The two outvoted Simon clearly, and to be honest, he also wanted to bite in that cake really bad. Stephan sneaked up and Ingrid right behind him. They just made it. Just one more step and they could grab it.

Krrack!

Stephan stepped on a flower! Inga heard the sound, looked out of the window and saw the three fugitives. Stephan had just enough time to take the cake and all three run away just like barefaced kids from the neighbourhood.

Inga: Stop! Thieves! They have the cake! Stop them!

52347614684_1ca262fa45_b.jpg

But she had no chance. They simply outrun her and left her alone with no other choice than bake a second cake.

52346345962_59702ef894_b.jpg

Later in the day, two soldiers with a dog came near her house. They were hungry and asked for bread. She gave them some and told the whole story. The soldiers now knew that they were right on track. So they kept going and increased their pace... they wanted to catch Simon that dirty murderer. He should pay for what he has done!

To be continued...

This was just a quick small build. When I built the last one (The Hideout) I thought about those dark yellow tooth pieces and thought that they would work well as a roof if each row was placed by a half stud offset. So I built this small cottage to try it out and I'm happy with the result.

I really like the house's walls, all the circular elements are fantastic, especially with how you flipped the studs around on the boat tiles. :thumbup:

Great photo story! The cake is too delicious, they just have to borrow it. :pir-grin:

You're getting some good use out of the gold-yellow tooth pieces!  They make a great roof.  I like the combination of the classic yellow flowers on the new brown stems.

Good to see the journey continue too.

I love how well you are using these tooth pieces--I have had so many sitting around for so long and done just nothing with them! :laugh:  Great round stone pattern too and the half-cut house is a fascinating cool shape.

Beautiful!  Great use of the tooth pieces for the roof, and very creative with the spilled flour on the floor.  Also very nice use of the unusual old blue eyed heads.  I find that they are hard to integrate and you have done a great job.  The lime is also a very bold color choice and yet it works well here.  I'm really enjoying reading the story as it progresses.  I like that you have an interior to your piece so it can be played with as well.  Great job!

On 9/12/2022 at 10:06 PM, karmajay said:

Inga has too much delicious bread in their house! Great job!

Thank you :D. I really like food (and cooking, it's almost as building LEGO: finding new combinations and stealing awesome reciepes other people figured out)... as you might have noticed in almost every MOC of mine people are eating and it's about food.

On 9/13/2022 at 2:42 AM, mrcp6d said:

I really like the house's walls, all the circular elements are fantastic, especially with how you flipped the studs around on the boat tiles. :thumbup:

Thank you :D. The boat studs were an emergency solution as I didn't have any more 2x2 round tiles. But I like how they work :D. 

On 9/13/2022 at 4:06 PM, NOD said:

Great photo story! The cake is too delicious, they just have to borrow it. :pir-grin:

Haha thanks :D.

On 9/13/2022 at 11:44 PM, jtooker said:

You're getting some good use out of the gold-yellow tooth pieces!  They make a great roof.  I like the combination of the classic yellow flowers on the new brown stems.

Good to see the journey continue too.

Thank you! Yes I used almost the same colours as in my last build the hideout. I think the dark yellow + yellow + lime really work well together.

On 9/14/2022 at 6:00 PM, Kai NRG said:

I love how well you are using these tooth pieces--I have had so many sitting around for so long and done just nothing with them! :laugh:  Great round stone pattern too and the half-cut house is a fascinating cool shape.

Thank you :D. Using the tooth pieces was actually the main idea behind this build. I think they are way more useful than usually thought of. And the half cut house was just like this because I didn't have more round tiles or boat studs to finish the whole thing.

On 9/14/2022 at 9:57 PM, LordDan said:

I love the roof technique with the teeth! Nice interior and fun story you have going!

Thank you!

On 9/28/2022 at 4:02 AM, Umbra-Manis said:

Mmmmm cake. Nice build, especially that roof!

On 9/28/2022 at 7:42 PM, Eyrezer said:

Beautiful orange roof and rockwork.

Thank you :D.

On 10/11/2022 at 2:12 AM, Yoggington said:

The circular rockwork is super clever, I love it. (Also I'm stealing it)

Thank you! Yes, go for it! I will soon buy more round tiles for walls like these ;-).

On 10/14/2022 at 6:49 PM, Grover said:

Beautiful!  Great use of the tooth pieces for the roof, and very creative with the spilled flour on the floor.  Also very nice use of the unusual old blue eyed heads.  I find that they are hard to integrate and you have done a great job.  The lime is also a very bold color choice and yet it works well here.  I'm really enjoying reading the story as it progresses.  I like that you have an interior to your piece so it can be played with as well.  Great job!

Thank you :D. I never thought that these blue eyed heads are hard to integrate... maybe because I don't have that many female fleshie heads. So I can't really be picky.  Do you know where they come from?

On 10/15/2022 at 8:25 AM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Great idea for the roof - fine build and nice story.

Thank you :D