The HETCS Sussex is an East Indiaman built at Parker Dockyards. The ship is armed with 34 guns (22 x 12lb and 12 x 6lb). It requires a crew of 120 men. The ship will be donated to the ETTC to strengthen the fleet.

52154505585_56e9e5c234_w.jpg52343215240_421e4f9bdd_n.jpg

52154010586_78a8e18a8f_w.jpg52154250724_1ca1cf55b5_w.jpg

52154250534_e138525304_w.jpg52154010731_1656ed6d01_w.jpg

52154010666_220978c137_w.jpg52154250654_9d2e24ac25_w.jpg

Edited by boeing_787_8_dreamliner

@boeing_787_8_dreamliner : HEICS stands for Honourable East India Company Service.

in BoBS, we have Terraversa instead of India and the dedicated ship are called Terraman, so HEICS become HETCS.

The ship is very nice but the size of the pics are too small. Could you provide a link to the flickr ?

Wow, just wow! What a incredible ship! The ETTC is honoured to accept her kind Sir! @Bregir or @Capt Wolf, care to weigh in on what class I should license her as?

ETTC vessels usually simply have the prefix ETTC. So in this case we would probably license the ship as ETTC Sussex.

Regarding the pictures, what I would recommend is using the BBCode option from Flickr to post in the Eurobricks Forum. It's pretty simple to do and automatically links the image on the forum to the flickr image. In this case if people want to see the larger image, they can just click on the image in Eurobricks and will be taken to Flickr.

To do this, view the image in Flickr and click on 'share image' (the arrow icon to the bottom right hand side of the image). Select the BBCode tab, and then select a size from the drop down menu (I usually pick an option between 800 and 1000). Once you have selected a size, then click anywhere in the box above the size option which will automatically select the BBCode that Flickr has just generated. Right click copy (or CTL C), then go back to Eurobricks. Place your curser where you want to place the image then right click paste (or CTL V). The BB Code will paste into the forum. If you want to delete the annoying text Flickr generates with the BBcode, then simply delete everything after the first /url box. The result is what will display in the example below.

52343215240_421e4f9bdd_c.jpg

Hopefully that is useful!

A magnificent ship. :pir-love: Truly amazing!

15 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

what class I should license her as?

She's a class 7 at a minimum. The higher classes should have "multiple decks"; take that to mean what you will. The overall length is there for an 8 or even a 9. I'd call her an 8 (in class only, she's a "10" in looks! :pir-grin: )

Excellent work, sir - I would certainly suggest the approach Ayrlego suggested with pictures, as they are currently quite small, which is a shame with such a fine moc!

I really like the work on both the hull and the rigging, and there really isn't a lot of feedback to give, as you have already got so many things just right. I only have three small comments:

• Topmasts and particularly topgallants look somewhat stubby - which may actually make sense for a merchant or semi-merchant with a reduced crew.
  • The colour scheme is cool - I like the use of two similar colours. However, I also feel like some of the details drown in the earthy tones. Some contrast colours may be useful to make details and shapes stand out more.
  • Life! I'd really like to see some minifigs moving about on deck and a story to go along - how does it fit in bobs, and where did it come from? Has something happened on the trip, etc.

Overall, though, so many nice details - loads of details on deck and outside. Would love to see how you have built the cannon!

On 9/10/2022 at 1:12 AM, Ayrlego said:

what class I should license her as?

I think the amount of detail may make her look slightly bigger than she is, and my gut-feeling is class 7. (Looking at the masts, bow piece, and other size benchmarks.)