Sign in to follow this  
TeufelHund

The NEW Lego Ideas book

Picked up the new DK Lego Ideas book on the weekend.

I found it a bit disappointing compared to the original Ideas book which had deep dives into a few themes and lots of interesting building techniques detailed (the castle section alone was great). The new book gives individual themes a single two page spread which while it means it covers a lot of different themes, there's not much depth.

I think it would be a fun book for kids to get the creative juices flowing but from an AFOL perspective it's a bit lacking.

Edited by TeufelHund

Thanks for the heads up. Do you know if there are any books that are actually good for upping your moc building game? I found this book https://www.kmart.com.au/product/the-bricktionary:-the-ultimate-lego-a-z-by-ryan-mcnaught-book-43176878/?selectedSwatch=&size= at Kmart’s online store was wondering if you’d seen it or know much about it? I really like sets like Pirates of Barracuda Bay and the Medieval Blacksmith and would like tips and tricks for creating MOCs using similar design aesthetics and design philosophy. Anyways thanks for t your honest candour about the LEGO ideas book.

14 hours ago, Pirate_King_1982 said:

Do you know if there are any books that are actually good for upping your moc building game?

You can still get the original Ideas book which has dedicated chapters on Castle and Pirates (The LEGO® Ideas Book: You Can Build Anything! : DK: Amazon.com.au: Books) although obviously there's a lot more new pieces available since this came out.

There's also LEGO® Play Book: Ideas to Bring Your Bricks to Life : DK: Amazon.com.au: Books and LEGO® Awesome Ideas : DK: Amazon.com.au: Books which have a similar approach to the original Ideas book and cover stuff like Wild West, Space, Adventure, Spooky etc.

If you can afford the new 90 Years of Play castle that will also fill you with inspiration/ideas!

Edited by TeufelHund

On 9/7/2022 at 2:33 PM, Pirate_King_1982 said:

Thanks for the heads up. Do you know if there are any books that are actually good for upping your moc building game? I found this book https://www.kmart.com.au/product/the-bricktionary:-the-ultimate-lego-a-z-by-ryan-mcnaught-book-43176878/?selectedSwatch=&size= at Kmart’s online store was wondering if you’d seen it or know much about it? I really like sets like Pirates of Barracuda Bay and the Medieval Blacksmith and would like tips and tricks for creating MOCs using similar design aesthetics and design philosophy. Anyways thanks for t your honest candour about the LEGO ideas book.
I love Lego and everything related to it. As a child, my parents bought me a set every 2 weeks and I collected them. Now I found evaluation essays for college, use https://studymoose.com/essay-types/evaluation-essays for that. It makes my life easier and I can do my own thing. In particular, I read books and recently started buying specifically about Lego.

I have already read it

Edited by ellencarnallajya99