woodford86

Historic Themes PAB Thread

On 3/3/2023 at 8:17 PM, karrit said:

My January 25 &26 orders arrived on March1.  So 5 weeks for those.  They just shipped my February 6 order yesterday so hopefully it arrives next week.

You're in luck. I ordered a mix of bestsellers and 'normal' bricks in the first week of January. The second shipment arrived yesterday.

Man, I wonder if Bricklinkers are in trouble. I was about to spend $300 on Bricklink yesterday to get a bunch of tan wedge plates mostly (among other things), on a whim I decided to see if I could get the same order on PAB - I got every single item for no joke under $100 (savings partly due to saving on shipping from five different stores).

Only problem is I'll need to wait a bit longer for shipping, but brand new pieces *and* cheaper *and* all in one order? Unless you're looking for the latest or rarest pieces or in a huge rush I don't see why anyone would use Bricklink again.

Yeah at this point Bricklink is only good if you want old pieces and even then I'm very rarely willing to pay their current prices.

11 minutes ago, woodford86 said:

Man, I wonder if Bricklinkers are in trouble. I was about to spend $300 on Bricklink yesterday to get a bunch of tan wedge plates mostly (among other things), on a whim I decided to see if I could get the same order on PAB - I got every single item for no joke under $100 (savings partly due to saving on shipping from five different stores).

Only problem is I'll need to wait a bit longer for shipping, but brand new pieces *and* cheaper *and* all in one order? Unless you're looking for the latest or rarest pieces or in a huge rush I don't see why anyone would use Bricklink again.

Depends on what Lego has in stock.  PAB is great for grabbing stuff they have in stock, but they cycle through a lot of pieces and parts, and only keep whatever colors that are in current production in existing sets.

For example, earlier in January I added Brown and Black hoods to my order.  As of today, the Brown Hoods were removed from my order completely.  Not sold out, completely gone from the list.  The Brown Hoods would have been tied to an existing set that may have gone into retirement.  So if I want to get any more Brown Hoods, I would have to look into the aftermarket (Bricklink), or else wait until Lego decides to put them back into production in some new sets.

On 2/22/2023 at 10:20 AM, brickbuilder007 said:

Here's my update on the cloth pieces.

My order arrived today and had to check the it right away :excited: I can confirm now that if you order 1 of the cloth pieces, you will get all 3 of them! :sweet: Check the image below :classic: (I bought the cape and small flag separately)

FYI, for anyone who is interested, I ordered a "Dark Green Cape" (actually more of a sand green) and it is singular, not with any others. ( 6406520 )

10 hours ago, Grover said:

FYI, for anyone who is interested, I ordered a "Dark Green Cape" (actually more of a sand green) and it is singular, not with any others. ( 6406520 )

Just curious is it soft fabric or the starchy fabric?

3 hours ago, zoth33 said:

I wish to know too! Scratchy is better all day every day! Soft fabric capes is one of the worst downgrades Lego has ever done!!!!

14 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Yeah, it's the soft fabric. Single hole.

Edited by Grover

I actually prefer the soft fabric for capes. The starched ones don't move freely when you're putting the minifigures on horses and things like that, and they're much more likely to wear out.

9 hours ago, jodawill said:

I actually prefer the soft fabric for capes. The starched ones don't move freely when you're putting the minifigures on horses and things like that, and they're much more likely to wear out.

The double holed soft fabric rip very easily. I personally haven't had issues with putting capes figures on horses. Plus the strached ones aren't as flimsy and all over the place

1 hour ago, kuzyabricks said:

Anyone know if I can contact customer service to add some extra parts I forgot to add to my order? 

Usually with a few hours of the initial order. But once it says in progress or in warehouse, then it's fixed and can't be changed.

Does anyone have experience with Lego replacing broken bricks? (brittle brown:angry:) Can you just ask customer service? 

51 minutes ago, JimBaggins said:

Does anyone have experience with Lego replacing broken bricks? (brittle brown:angry:) Can you just ask customer service? 

In my experience lego is good about replacement. It takes awhile for the new piece to be shipped. However, if the piece or set is retired lego can't replace it. Sadly a number of my PoP mini figs arms broke, and lego couldn't replace. 

6 hours ago, JimBaggins said:

I recently contacted them about broken pieces from old sets (modular fire brigade, Parisian restaurant, and Metalbeards Sea Cow). They told me through email and on the phone that LEGO bricks are supposed to last a lifetime and that they would definitely replace them. So I used the broken pieces service to order them. They were out of stock of one part, but the rest all came with a week.

7 hours ago, JimBaggins said:

I've used their service a couple of times to replace my "brittle brown" pieces. You can fill out the form on their site, last time they contacted me to clarify which pieces I wanted and then they arrived within 10 days.

Right now I'm working on a MOC with a lot of browns, I have 3 brown tiles set aside waiting to be replaced. Yesterday a 1x1 tile practically disintegrated when I removed it with my fingers.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/service/replacementparts/broken/enter-set-number

7 hours ago, Shroffy123 said:

In my experience lego is good about replacement. It takes awhile for the new piece to be shipped. However, if the piece or set is retired lego can't replace it. Sadly a number of my PoP mini figs arms broke, and lego couldn't replace. 

They don't stock arms, which is probably why they couldn't replace them. However, I cannot remember any of the arms being printed so they can all be replaced easily.

8 hours ago, JimBaggins said:

If they are cheap common parts, then personally I wouldn't bother. LEGO keep records of people requesting (free) replacements parts and if you order too often then they can ban you even if the requests are genuine.

16 hours ago, MAB said:

If they are cheap common parts, then personally I wouldn't bother. LEGO keep records of people requesting (free) replacements parts and if you order too often then they can ban you even if the requests are genuine.

If a part is genuinely broken LEGO should honor its own replacement policy.

Earlier this week I applied for replacement parts, but the automatic system refused the request and asked me to call customer service. No problem with them.

5 hours ago, GeoBrick said:

If a part is genuinely broken LEGO should honor its own replacement policy.

Earlier this week I applied for replacement parts, but the automatic system refused the request and asked me to call customer service. No problem with them.

Their broken parts replacement policy is for parts from new sets only though, isn't it? If you break a part, I don't think they have a policy that they will guarantee to replace it. They often do it as a gesture of goodwill but it will of course depend on how many parts you break and ask for replacements of.