woodford86

Historic Themes PAB Thread

Wow, Lego needs to get its act together so that their customer can actually buy their product and not just sell out instantly. 

I'm pleasantly surprised by the barding cost!

But the flags are $9 each??? Yikes.

12 minutes ago, mvLego said:

A lot of the cloth pieces are ridiculously overpriced for what you get.  I know the printing costs more but at some of the prices they charge for parts it's sometimes more worth it just to buy another full set, although probably not this particular one.  They should at least give you more than one of each for those prices.  I was surprised a while back when I ordered some Black & Brown basic capes that there were actually 3 capes sent in each pack, two black & one brown, so I ended up with way more than I was expecting.  Ordered one of the way overpriced white ones more recently and there was only one, I guess because it was probably the Marvel one for Vision. 

Man.  I refreshed multiple times daily waiting for these to come out.  They delayed it by two months.  Then today when I saw the out of stock items show up I started refreshing more often.  Then I come here and find most of the things I wanted are already sold out.  Guess my mistake was thinking that the jerks who run it would make the parts searchable by category in the sets they actually come in so normal people could actually find them and buy them when they came out.  Silly me. 

Lion and Forestmen shields, metal and gold visors, cows, horses and sheep wool pieces are back in stock on PAB.

I'm convinced it's a conspiracy to prevent us from ordering all of the parts that we want at once. I still haven't gotten freshmen torsos or green hunters hats yet. :pir_laugh2:

And now when I searched for the parts in 40567 I see that they are in stock!

I will not place a third order today, I will not place a third order today, I will not place a third order today.. 

19 minutes ago, CallMeCarbiz said:

Lion and Forestmen shields, metal and gold visors, cows, horses and sheep wool pieces are back in stock on PAB.

I'm convinced it's a conspiracy to prevent us from ordering all of the parts that we want at once. I still haven't gotten freshmen torsos or green hunters hats yet. :pir_laugh2:

And now when I searched for the parts in 40567 I see that they are in stock!

I will not place a third order today, I will not place a third order today, I will not place a third order today.. 

I placed one.  Trying to resist checking again to see if they added anything else.  I missed out on the first wave with the torsos earlier today & just put an order in about an hour ago for some shields & other items.  Some of the items I had added earlier in the day were already sold out including the Lighthouse Keeper's companion's rain hat, some hair pieces and a few other things.

9 hours ago, mvLego said:

Potentially you are not getting one flag. From memory the box in the set included two flags and a cape. Maybe they have packaged them separately for PaB but it may also be that you get everything together in one lot, but they have put it up separately on the page.

I can tell you I am not paying that price to find out what they send though.

Got 5 of each lion knight shield and a black falcon barding, I can wait until they restock for the rest.

The cloth flags & capes showing as £9.06 in the UK and out of stock. Lots of other bits & pieces to go at though, including the chevron shield and latest Forestmen's shield in stock. And cows.

9 minutes ago, Bricky Steamboat said:

The cloth flags & capes showing as £9.06 in the UK and out of stock. Lots of other bits & pieces to go at though, including the chevron shield and latest Forestmen's shield in stock. And cows.

Not showing on eu yet, but i think its a matter of time. Only cows and forest shields / hunters hats available atm. And black falcon parts

Edited by unclejeffie

12 hours ago, Black Feather said:

Man.  I refreshed multiple times daily waiting for these to come out.  They delayed it by two months.  Then today when I saw the out of stock items show up I started refreshing more often.  Then I come here and find most of the things I wanted are already sold out.  Guess my mistake was thinking that the jerks who run it would make the parts searchable by category in the sets they actually come in so normal people could actually find them and buy them when they came out.  Silly me. 

I had the same problem. Searching by 10305 wasn't showing most of these items until they were all sold out.  I had to just search for newest items before I saw anything. Pretty lame of Lego.

Just now, durazno33 said:

I had the same problem. Searching by 10305 wasn't showing most of these items until they were all sold out.  I had to just search for newest items before I saw anything. Pretty lame of Lego.

Yup, same happened to me. Lion Knight torsos/legs were sold out by the time I figured it out. *shakes fist at TLG*

I'll keep checking in on it and post up if/when I find them available. I think it's cool that we're helping each other out with this.

2 hours ago, Bricky Steamboat said:

Wish I could justify the cost of a cow!

No doubt the forest man shields will go by the time other stuff arrives but I’d far rather get the peasant bodies than any of the shields (or even Lion figs). 

The forestmen shields have been in stock pretty often over the last few months (except for December when nothing was getting restocked).

There isn't any reason to rush on buying these parts, the castle is supposedly around until 2025, and PAB will keep getting restocked until then.  I would recommend waiting for a really good GWP and buying then.

19 minutes ago, iragm said:

The forestmen shields have been in stock pretty often over the last few months (except for December when nothing was getting restocked).

There isn't any reason to rush on buying these parts, the castle is supposedly around until 2025, and PAB will keep getting restocked until then.  I would recommend waiting for a really good GWP and buying then.

Smart. That’s a good plan. 

1 hour ago, iragm said:

Good tip :excited:

The updated Guarded Inn MOC is brilliant btw. Will 100% be adding that to my table.

2 hours ago, Rjbricks said:

Wish I could justify the cost of a cow! 

Not sure if you still need the encouragement, but here's why I ended up with one: I only had about $25 in my cart but by adding the cow, I got more bang for my buck instead of paying for the shipping charge.

Of course now I realize that I didn't get a brick and tile piece to complete its back!

Edit: does anyone find it odd (in a good way) that the new Lion Knights minifg pieces are cheaper than the Black Falcon minifg pieces? Reading more into it than I should ... is this a hint that Lego is producing much more of these than they have for the Black Falcons?

Edited by mvLego
crackpot theory about minifig prices

1 hour ago, Bricky Steamboat said:

The updated Guarded Inn MOC is brilliant btw. Will 100% be adding that to my table. 

Thanks, I spent more hours that I would like to admit making the instructions for it.  It really means a lot to me when people actually build it!

25 minutes ago, mvLego said:

Edit: does anyone find it odd (in a good way) that the new Lion Knights minifg pieces are cheaper than the Black Falcon minifg pieces? Reading more into it than I should ... is this a hint that Lego is producing much more of these than they have for the Black Falcons? 

I have been struggling to figure out why the prices are the way they are.  I can't figure out if it's color related, batch size related, or inventory related.  Some of their pricing is so strange - like the saddle is nearly as expensive as the bardings...???

37 minutes ago, mvLego said:

No, the pricing for some parts even though they look similar to others can be a bit random. You can occasionally see very different prices for printed 2x2 tiles, for example.