woodford86

Historic Themes PAB Thread

Today and yesterday, when I search for items and have "show out of stock" items checked, I don't see out of stock items anymore. Is that just happening in the US or are other people having that issue? This is causing the forestmen chest piece and hat to not show up anymore.

image.png.277b744ea582e52ccc27511c930ea09b.png

It's happening because they are busy and service is temporarily paused.  They'll be back in stock at some point, probably in a month or so.

So how can i see whats in my shopping bag on the Site? when i go to check it out it says "PAB" and there is a text next to it that says "EDIT" when i click edit i just see the whole shebang not specifically what in my bag... its so hard to edit when im trying to get my cost down. Am i missing something?  

EDIT: DOH i didnt realize i could click the price at the bottom and it would undock and show me the items.

Edited by natesroom

Lion shields and torsos were available

6428494 and 6405994 - was able to get 20 of those

Edited by natesroom

Very briefly?? No sign of them on my end

6428494 doesn't return anything and 6405994 returns the female village torso for me (Canada)

Edited by woodford86

Don’t see anything for the UK.

In a way I’m kind of glad as I don’t need anything. But if those shields with the crossed axes became available I might bankrupt myself outfitting my existing guys. 

10 hours ago, natesroom said:

Lion shields and torsos were available

6428494 and 6405994 - was able to get 20 of those

That’s big news!

45 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

That’s big news!

Really? In which country? I've been checking for updates 2 or 3 times day and haven't seen anything.

1 hour ago, durazno33 said:

Really? In which country? I've been checking for updates 2 or 3 times day and haven't seen anything.

Don’t ask me. I haven’t looked.  Either it’s true or Nate is lying for no reason. 

22 hours ago, SirBlake said:

Don’t ask me. I haven’t looked.  Either it’s true or Nate is lying for no reason. 

Haha... no it was sold out for me too, i got the screenshot from a facebook group. I ordered 20 of the torso's

May be an image of text that says '9:29 MENU LTE 38 LEGO Shipping times and service fees 11108 results Pieces per page 20 Sort by Newest MINI SHIELD, NO. 28 ID: 6428494/102330 MINI UPPER PART, NO. 6228 ID: 6405994/76382 $1.10 $0.85 PICK PICK AA lego.com'

Edited by natesroom

13 hours ago, natesroom said:

Haha... no it was sold out for me too, i got the screenshot from a facebook group. I ordered 20 of the torso's

May be an image of text that says '9:29 MENU LTE 38 LEGO Shipping times and service fees 11108 results Pieces per page 20 Sort by Newest MINI SHIELD, NO. 28 ID: 6428494/102330 MINI UPPER PART, NO. 6228 ID: 6405994/76382 $1.10 $0.85 PICK PICK AA lego.com'

Where is the lion torso that's the handmaid torso.  

2 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Where is the lion torso that's the handmaid torso.  

not sure of anything else this was the post i saw

My queen needs a harem to solidify the alliances..sadly i didnt realize they were female, lol.

Edited by natesroom

5 hours ago, natesroom said:

My queen needs a harem to solidify the alliances..sadly i didnt realize they were female, lol.

Maybe that's why there's no king in the set.

7 hours ago, natesroom said:

IIRC, the proper term is "Ladies in waiting".

15 hours ago, natesroom said:

That's Ok.  I thought you meant the actual lion knight torsos.  Those green torsos are still from the lion knight castle set and are great for civilians.  Hoping soon the actual lion knight torsos show up to bolster my lion kinghts army.  

I'd love to get more of those Lion torsos, same with the Black Falcons if they ever get back in stock in Canada.  I kinda missed out the first time, I didn't realize PAB counted towards the GWP when I was trying to muster up $200 for the Forest Hideout.  Had I known, I woulda gotten the Black Falcons when they were still in stock.

But I find myself hesitating mixing these new guys in with my classic army.  Anyone else feel the same way?  It's like I have two sets of Black Falcons and Lion Knights and Forestmen now; the Classics in one batch and the New guys in their own sets.

Edited by Triceron

1 hour ago, Triceron said:

But I find myself hesitating mixing these new guys in with my classic army.  Anyone else feel the same way?  It's like I have two sets of Black Falcons and Lion Knights and Forestmen now; the Classics in one batch and the New guys in their own sets.

I sold my vintage Black Falcons for a decent price and replaced them with new. But I don't use the modern printed legs, I prefer plain ones for the traditional look. I'll do the same as other factions become available. I also replace the yellow skin with fleshie too, it gives a nice Neo classic look.

same here i like the plain black

11 hours ago, GeoBrick said:

IIRC, the proper term is "Ladies in waiting".

No it was a harem for my queen...

15 hours ago, Triceron said:

No, I have the new prints representing different regiments or ranks within the factions. 

On 1/16/2023 at 3:42 PM, MAB said:

I sold my vintage Black Falcons for a decent price and replaced them with new. But I don't use the modern printed legs, I prefer plain ones for the traditional look.

Same!  Although I use classics smiles instead of flesh heads.  I'm probably going to keep my vintage Lion Knights though, even if the new torsos become available on PAB.  I have a lot of nostalgia for them.

It's great to see that Lego support was lying when they said that parts exclusive to this set will not be available on PAB.  The presence of the shield makes me sure that we'll see bardings, lion knights, flags, capes, etc., at some point.  (Also plain ol' greed -- Lego sees the minifigs selling for $10 each on BL and wants a slice of that.)