woodford86

Historic Themes PAB Thread

@woodford86 Before this thread devolves, can you update your Initial post with the ITEM NO / PART number of significant items so that instead of having to search through this thread and others like your initial post it could be found as your first post?

1 hour ago, natesroom said:

Does anyone know how to make an alert for when they are back in stock using chrome?

You can't do that with Chrome as far as I know, sadly.  I have a script that I posted earlier in this thread here which can be used to tell you when stuff comes back in stock, but it requires a bit of coding which may be intimidating for some.

Failing that, you can check back with the site regularly; the en-us shop usually restocks parts between 9 and 9:30 PM EST so simply checking a bookmark daily may be a solution for you.  Parts typically take 3-4 hours to sell out, although often less.  Note that I said usually.  There have been cases where the black falcon torsos were in stock, sold out, restocked, and sold out again, all within a 6 hour period.

Brickhunter is essential for price comparing bricklink to PAB and for buying a wanted list from PAB.  I don't believe it has an alert function though.

On 10/23/2022 at 6:29 AM, RichardGoring said:

Although, perhaps interestingly, the forestmen hat in grey was 88c a year or so ago - well before there was any talk of the return of the castle (actually, maybe around the time of the original Ideas votes). But that was a colour that very few people would want and it was still high. And never went down before it was out of production.

This is aimed at Sheps as well, but- since you both mentioned the price of the forestman's hat, I decided to look up what the price of that piece has been over the years. I've bought it every time it's been available, and there has been a gradual increase in prices over the years even before the new system was in place.

In 2018, the dark green hat was $0.78 USD; in 2020, the light gray hat was $0.87; at the start of this year, the blue one was $0.88; and of course the current price for all forestman hats including the green one is $1.03.

Of course, in the early days of PaB prices of the same pieces in different colors were different, so the regular green hat in 2017/18 could have been different from the dark green hat. But it just goes to show that this particular piece has undergone price increases in the past, and there was at least one that's comparable to the current increase, even if the current increase beats the past biggest increase by 6 cents.

Edited by Canticleer blues

Forestmen torsos, shields and hats are back in stock, along with the viking torsos.

Edited by Sir Dano

Finally got the FM parts.  But really wondering WTH is taking so long with the plain green legs?.  Those were sold for years as part of old PAB and disappeared with the changeover.  They obviously had tons of them and still do.  So why aren’t they selling them?

56 minutes ago, durazno33 said:

Hopefully those that wanted them got them as the FM parts are sold out already.

Nope missed the Forestman stuff. I did order 30 of each viking torso though

1 hour ago, woodford86 said:

Am I crazy or did the cow come down in price? I thought it was $17 now its $12 (cad)

They were $14.14.

wMpu8uX.png

2 hours ago, natesroom said:

Nope missed the Forestman stuff. I did order 30 of each viking torso though

That's weird. I also went for 30 of each too. 

On 11/1/2022 at 3:10 PM, MAB said:

That's weird. I also went for 30 of each too. 

What legs you doing for the viking torsos? Im not sold on the exact ones from the viking set.

11 hours ago, natesroom said:

What legs you doing for the viking torsos? Im not sold on the exact ones from the viking set.

I tend to use plain legs, or at least ones without printing near the thighs. I like to pose figures and I don't like it when prints do not match up. I have about 25 of the original Viking CMF legs I might use,

970c00pb0100.png

and another pile of mixed similar legs. The dark tan looks good against most coloured torsos. Although I tend to prefer plain. It is the same with Black Falcons, to me plain black legs look much nicer than the printed ones, especially when posed.

So for these I will probably keep mainly plain legs, but choose leg colours that match the arms to give each one more uniformity. So I'll go for sand blue legs on the dark tan / sand blue torso, and so on. I'll be pulling the arms off the dark tan and black torsos to swap out some of the colours (such as dark red, blue and green) about too for more variety. I'm not sure if it will work so well for the olive green arm torso, as that also has the olive green on the torso too.