woodford86

Historic Themes PAB Thread

$2.77 USD for the saddle?  TLG must be keeping an eye on the bricklink prices for parts and drooling at the profit to be made.

34 minutes ago, Sir Dano said:

Nothing interesting?!

They finally added squirrels and saddles!

How did I miss that??? Sorting by newest is apparently super unreliable!

9 minutes ago, iragm said:

$2.77 USD for the saddle?  TLG must be keeping an eye on the bricklink prices for parts and drooling at the profit to be made.

Kind of a bummer its only dark brown too. I find they don't contrast enough with the brown/orange horses so prefer grey

ETA: Dark orange horses also added

Edited by woodford86

15 hours ago, woodford86 said:

How did I miss that??? Sorting by newest is apparently super unreliable!

I am hoping that the reason they are not in order by newest is that they were available when they first came out (I think it was Jan when I got them from B&P) and then removed when the new system was turned on. So potentially they were already in the system when it was first released hence not new.
Sorting by newest will be a massive boost to the site but definitely not if they release different parts at different times but don't make them live in the site at the same time.

5 hours ago, Sir Dano said:

Blue hunter's hats (aka forestmen hats) are available too.

$1!! That is straight up price gouging.  That part should be 15-20 cents like other hats - it's a single piece and doesn't have any holes that would make the mold complicated.  Between this and the saddle, it looks like they are pricing new parts based on the bricklink average price.  I can't wait for the lion knight torsos to be available at $5 each...

How's standard order shipping for other guys?

Looks like two of my standard orders from Aug 23/24 finally shipped this morning. No tracking number but the VIP points got added. They're really testing that 28 day estimate lol.

2 minutes ago, woodford86 said:

How's standard order shipping for other guys?

Looks like two of my standard orders from Aug 23/24 finally shipped this morning. No tracking number but the VIP points got added. They're really testing that 28 day estimate lol.

I was wondering about this also. My first standard order was also shipped, but the only indication is that the order summary view says "shipped" now. There's no tracking, no VIP points, etc. I'm getting excited though!

If you read the fine print, it says 28 business days, so my August 24th order is on time.

I missed it last night when I made my order but they also have the crown coin 1x1 round tile (6375358) available.

Also the cheese print cheese slope (77573) but they want a ridiculous amount for it.

Edited by Sir Dano

On a semi related note PAB seems like a safe option of late.

I used to purchase off Bricklink, but i'm worried some of the Lego clone parts are appearing. For example I see some stores with hundreds of the Lion's breastplate, a part last produced in Kingsdoms! The market seems flooded with them. Basically if the minifig part exists on AliExpress, I won't purchase it off Bricklink.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, bootlegs are pretty good these days but it's still real easy to tell real ones from fake ones.

13 hours ago, kchan98 said:

On a semi related note PAB seems like a safe option of late.

I used to purchase off Bricklink, but i'm worried some of the Lego clone parts are appearing. For example I see some stores with hundreds of the Lion's breastplate, a part last produced in Kingsdoms! The market seems flooded with them. Basically if the minifig part exists on AliExpress, I won't purchase it off Bricklink.

Are you referring to this part?

2587pb23.png

If so, the ones on BL will be genuine. The German sellers with 1000s of them will have bought them very cheap in 2012 from the warehouse store and these were also available to purchase from the old replacement parts service at least as late as 2014 (I know as I bought some). Some stores think nothing of keeping stock for a decade or more as parts go out of fashion but come back in later.

If you don't buy anything on BL if it exists on Ali, presumably you never buy anything from BL.

Lego cracked down pretty hard on counterfeit BL sellers recently - people were printing rare prints on genuine Lego torsos and selling them as rare figures.  If you get parts from AliExpress on Bricklink, just report the seller (especially if they have hundreds of a rare part for sale) and Lego will take care of it.

As mentioned, even if someone has a ton of a seemingly rare item, there's a good chance they bought it in bulk a long time ago from official sources.

1 hour ago, iragm said:

Lego cracked down pretty hard on counterfeit BL sellers recently - people were printing rare prints on genuine Lego torsos and selling them as rare figures.  If you get parts from AliExpress on Bricklink, just report the seller (especially if they have hundreds of a rare part for sale) and Lego will take care of it.

It looks like BL was wrong to suspend the store that had all the C-3POs and Jokers after one poster on BL claimed they were selling faked prints on real parts and/or stolen parts, as that seller is back selling on BL and selling Jokers and C-3POs again just not in the same numbers as before. Presumably they have learnt to just replenish once sold, rather than listing 1000 at once. That seller even posted pictures of the pallet loads of the sets the figures came in but BL still suspended them.

On 9/22/2022 at 5:47 AM, MAB said:

If so, the ones on BL will be genuine. The German sellers with 1000s of them will have bought them very cheap in 2012 from the warehouse store and these were also available to purchase from the old replacement parts service at least as late as 2014 (I know as I bought some). Some stores think nothing of keeping stock for a decade or more as parts go out of fashion but come back in later.

If you don't buy anything on BL if it exists on Ali, presumably you never buy anything from BL.

Yeah ones like this had me worried. Thanks for the information, that helps.

On 9/19/2022 at 9:28 AM, iragm said:

$1!! That is straight up price gouging.  That part should be 15-20 cents like other hats - it's a single piece and doesn't have any holes that would make the mold complicated.  Between this and the saddle, it looks like they are pricing new parts based on the bricklink average price.  I can't wait for the lion knight torsos to be available at $5 each...

The horse barding's going to be something ridiculous like $15, isn't it?

The forester's hat in green is now listed but is out of stock. Before today, it wasn't even listed. Hopefully that means we'll have it in stock at some point.

image.png.99d8428f7ce42f3f85613bd777f7078c.png

Edited by durazno33

6 hours ago, durazno33 said:

The forester's hat in green is now listed but is out of stock. Before today, it wasn't even listed. Hopefully that means we'll have it in stock at some point.

image.png.99d8428f7ce42f3f85613bd777f7078c.png

The Succulents set was released in May, maybe that's why it's showing up now? 

On 10/8/2022 at 6:49 AM, Follows Closely said:

$1 for that hat. Man LEGO makes it hard to be a fan at times.

ooooof....

Viking torsos are on PaB, as is the female viking's hairpiece but $7.23 CAD is forking nuts.

Viking torsos already sold out.

Forestmen torsos and shields are up too, dunno how long they'll stick around.

Edited by Sir Dano

9 hours ago, Sir Dano said:

Forestmen torsos and shields are up too, dunno how long they'll stick around.

I don't see these.  Part number?

On 10/9/2022 at 1:08 AM, Black Feather said:

Man.  I was checking every day for that hat.  And somehow still missed before it sold out. 

It's never been in stock in green.  It was just posted as a part.