Sign in to follow this  
Lord Valgor

[MOC] Imperial Fort "Guardian"

The Imperials recently finished their newest fort, Fort Guardian!
52328615337_fa9edd3ef7_b.jpg by LordValgor

Description
I recently (finally) finished my latest MOC; a fort for the Imperials that rivals any pirate ship that dares try and assail it. Geographically speaking I think of this fort on a peninsula overlooking a channel with a narrow access point for ships that then leads to a bay with a full harbor and city. Thus any ship attempting to reach the bay will be unable to maneuver and therefore be a sitting duck.

As for the build itself, full disclosure that I pulled elements from several official sets. The lighthouse is pulled off of the Creator Lighthouse 5770, and the tower of the fort is pulled from the Soldiers Fort 6242 with some changes of course. The rest of it I basically pulled inspiration from who knows what sources and went with it. Focused on making something that I always wanted to see in an Imperial Lego fort. Anyways, let me know what you think, and enjoy!
(Also, in the first picture you can see a secret hiding place for loot! Take a guess, and the answer will be revealed below :)

Pictures
This here be the mortar emplacement; works a treat at keeping them pirates from even thinking of entering the channel!
52329871499_78a96deb81_b.jpgMortar emplacement by LordValgor

The upper watchdeck, complete with three cannons and an access hatch to the main cannon deck below.
52329998170_97fbcf69df_b.jpgTop cannon deck, crane, and flag by LordValgor

The land route to the fort and the lighthouse.
52329998225_cdcb08b2b0_b.jpgLighthouse and stairwell by LordValgor

Another view of the entrance. Sorry mysterious armed stranger, Imperial access only.
52329816928_85b9925fee_b.jpgEntrance from land by LordValgor

The "Guardian Wall". It protects the channel and thus the bay from any would be ne're do wells.
52334573751_d0a36533a6_b.jpgGuardian Wall by LordValgor

The gun deck.
52335076736_6f7b86d200_b.jpgGun Deck by LordValgor

Inside of the dock office. Didn't add anything here, but I might add a small desk; would seem appropriate.
52335076651_1d16923026_b.jpgInside the dock office by LordValgor

The secret stash! You could see it through the stairs from the first picture. Did you guess right?
52335506620_d9d464051c_b.jpgA secret stash by LordValgor

The Lighthouse from the cliffside.
52335002090_6609b3da91_b.jpgLighthouse cliffside by LordValgor

A shot of the cliffs, trees, and foliage.
52333618662_4ef4db76ea_b.jpgCliff and trees by LordValgor

Final notes
Overall I'm quite happy with it. It isn't super amazing, but it doesn't need to be. It's fun, playable, and serves it's purpose of guarding the bay :D. Only thing I couldn't quite get to work that I wanted was a little jail cell beneath the lighthouse. Might still be doable some day, but I just don't have the pieces for it right now.

Thanks for looking!

I think it's great! I love the way how you included lighthouse into this build, it looks like a very playful MOC.  

If you have a room for jail cell, go for it, but even if you keep it as it is, it's still great. :pir-thumb:

On 9/5/2022 at 1:42 AM, Marooned Marin said:

I think it's great! I love the way how you included lighthouse into this build, it looks like a very playful MOC.  

If you have a room for jail cell, go for it, but even if you keep it as it is, it's still great. :pir-thumb:

Thanks! I guess I should mention that I tend to prefer keeping the build in line with standard lego design aspects. I tend to prefer the charm of a lego set, rather than go all out with details and small pieces of some of the other (amazing) MOC's I see here.

And I'm sure I'll try and add the jail cell some day haha.