Falcrum

[MOC] You can't win, Darth

52329055496_b579771d2c_c.jpg20220902_154208 by Jakub Grochowski, on Flickr

Hello there!

This is the first time I'm posting here, so I decided to kick things off with a MOC - the first of the series of 5 that I have prepared and ready to present. The builds will get bigger, more advanced, and, hopefully, more impressive. 

This small vignette represents the final duel between Ben Kenobi and Darth Vader - the first lightsaber duel ever! And no, I couldn't resist the exaggerated lighting (similar to what we saw in the Kenobi series). 

Since the figures are the main focus of the creation, I positioned them carefully; Vader extends the blade of his lightsaber while holding the weapon low, while Ben keeps his characteristic defensive stance. 

I tried to capture the signature look of the Death Star by building the characteristic vertical arrays of white lights and raw, light bluish gray greebling on the walls.

52329055316_e2db22f9c2_c.jpg20220902_154224 by Jakub Grochowski, on Flickr

52329055101_1b2bd1bd48_c.jpg20220902_154239 by Jakub Grochowski, on Flickr

Let me know what you think of it!

Hi Falcrum, thanks for your pictures. I must admit that on a first look, we can not see the big work behind this small scene. But after reading your description, I would say yes, it's convincing! This is the first time I see a arm not attached to the body, and it clearly makes the job for this special stance!

Permit me a comment, I took the time to watch the scene in the movie and we can see that darth vader has already his saber deployed before ben arrives, so there is a little mistake, you should (if you want to approach the movie sequence) put the saber from right to down left of vader.

Last thing, may be light bluish gray walls don't enough contrast with white bricks, may be a test in dark bluish grey could provide a better light effect.

4 hours ago, Falcrum said:

52329055496_b579771d2c_c.jpg20220902_154208 by Jakub Grochowski, on Flickr

Hello there!

This is the first time I'm posting here, so I decided to kick things off with a MOC - the first of the series of 5 that I have prepared and ready to present. The builds will get bigger, more advanced, and, hopefully, more impressive. 

This small vignette represents the final duel between Ben Kenobi and Darth Vader - the first lightsaber duel ever! And no, I couldn't resist the exaggerated lighting (similar to what we saw in the Kenobi series). 

Since the figures are the main focus of the creation, I positioned them carefully; Vader extends the blade of his lightsaber while holding the weapon low, while Ben keeps his characteristic defensive stance. 

I tried to capture the signature look of the Death Star by building the characteristic vertical arrays of white lights and raw, light bluish gray greebling on the walls.

52329055316_e2db22f9c2_c.jpg20220902_154224 by Jakub Grochowski, on Flickr

52329055101_1b2bd1bd48_c.jpg20220902_154239 by Jakub Grochowski, on Flickr

Let me know what you think of it!

You should consider using LED Lightsabers - would improve this greatly.
https://www.lightmybricks.com/products/led-lego-star-wars-lightsaber-light-blue?_pos=3&_sid=6b7d730fd&_ss=r
https://www.lightmybricks.com/products/led-lego-star-wars-lightsaber-light-red?_pos=4&_sid=6b7d730fd&_ss=r

Would really make this moc "pop"

:)

39 minutes ago, Vouatch said:

This is the first time I see a arm not attached to the body, and it clearly makes the job for this special stance!

Ripping minifigs' limbs off is a little taste of my brick heresy.

42 minutes ago, Vouatch said:

...you should (...) put the saber from right to down left of vader...

Ahh, you're right, thanks! By the way, seeing Vader stand like this in the corridor must've given old Ben a heart attack.

44 minutes ago, Vouatch said:

Last thing, may be light bluish gray walls don't enough contrast with white bricks, may be a test in dark bluish grey could provide a better light effect.

Very good remark. I can see in my mind's eye that with dark bluish gray the lights would stand out more and almost appear to shine. If you want to take a good picture, then DBG will suit better, but without the lighting the MOC would be inaccurate.

22 minutes ago, Kage Goomba said:

You should consider using LED Lightsabers - would improve this greatly.

Absolutely. My sabers are the dimmest part of the build, which completely doesn't make sense.