CaptainPolluxofOrion

[WIP] [Digital] Treasure Ship v. 3.1 or so...

Hi i had this ship in another post of me month ago.

First picture i took was on the second version of the Ship. (was in wip phase at that time)

Here is a picture of my 3 versions of the ship. (all of them where in wip phase. The one in the middle was the second version, the one left the first version.

Carracks V1, 2 and 3

Now here is the latest WIP Phase Picture of third version. (its a rendered picture)

Goldkarracke Version 3.1 a (WIP Phase)

I think the digital version of the ship will be complete next weekend. there will be some minor changes. to hull, front and aft castell and the masts will be finished.

Although the ship is now a lot more organic than the first or second i don't have the demand to make realistic ships. I like my ships modular (difficult enough with these shapes) and sturdy. I have a 8 year old nephew i want to play with. So the sturdier the ship the better... ^^

One can see the evolution of the ship in the different versions. Also nice to see a Carrack at Lego MOC. I look forward to seeing the complete ship.

4 hours ago, NOD said:

One can see the evolution of the ship in the different versions. Also nice to see a Carrack at Lego MOC. I look forward to seeing the complete ship.

Thanks for your Feedback NOD. :pir-huzzah2: Yeah, i think the third Version now feels right to me. (I love those bulky Carracks with big Castellos on bow and aft. I really like medieval ships and also Ships from the age of Sail, i think Carracks and Early Galleons are the middleground. And i really like the exagerated Design of Warhammer Fantasy Battles. (Next ship will be a quite a extrem one ^^)

I also look very forward to the completion. It took me long enough. If its ready you will be the first to see. :pir-triumph:

It looks high, Compared with other lego ships, But the 'High' is also the characteristic of the old ships what you want to make, nice. 

Though Its design looks un-balanced, Its heavy color offsets it and makes her more cool, like metal beard's seacow.

I want to see her stern and trapezium of hull later.

Edited by Third Navigator

On 9/4/2022 at 4:48 AM, CaptainPolluxofOrion said:

and the masts will be finished.

If you find it interesting, try to hide the last mast and see how you feel about it. :pir-huzzah2:

Overall it looks like a quite a ship, and I'm looking forward to see it with full masts, sails and rigging, at least first in digital mode.

What's the number of parts now built in? Around 3,000?

The main deck, forecastle, quarterdeck and bowsprit are superbly built. :pir-huzzah2: I see an opening at the quarter deck baluster. You should build these continuously or attach a staircase.

@Marooned Marin says it correctly. With full masts, sails, rigging and minifigures your ship will look even better.

At Brethren of the Brick Seas that would be a class 4 ship:

Just as I have no disadvantage in the game with my Galleons, you would have no disadvantage with a Carrack either. I see you like the Spanish Empire (Me too, but I wanted to be a pirate even more *oh2* ).

Have a look at The Empire of Eslandola:

Edited by NOD
translation error

Wow so much nice feedback =)

20 hours ago, Third Navigator said:

It looks high, Compared with other lego ships, But the 'High' is also the characteristic of the old ships what you want to make, nice. 

Though Its design looks un-balanced, Its heavy color offsets it and makes her more cool, like metal beard's seacow.

I want to see her stern and trapezium of hull later.

Hi thanks for your nice feedback.:pir-huzzah2:   Yeah the high and un-balanced bothered me a little bit. I made some changes over the long building phase. Exspecially  the two Castle Sections. More pictures are planned. And i also want to render them. The quality is definitly higher than without.

11 hours ago, Marooned Marin said:

If you find it interesting, try to hide the last mast and see how you feel about it. :pir-huzzah2:

Overall it looks like a quite a ship, and I'm looking forward to see it with full masts, sails and rigging, at least first in digital mode.

What's the number of parts now built in? Around 3,000?

Hi, also a big thank for your feedback. :pir-huzzah1:

Its a good point. I will try it. =) Thanks a lot Mate! :pir-huzzah2: I'm also looking very forward to it.

3000 is actually not very far from the real number. 3500 - 3600 on last count. Without interior and Masts it would be around 2800 or so. (I will also take pictures from Interior)

3 hours ago, NOD said:

The main deck, forecastle, quarterdeck and bowsprit are superbly built. :pir-huzzah2: I see an opening at the quarter deck baluster. You should build these continuously or attach a staircase.

@Marooned Marin says it correctly. With full masts, sails, rigging and minifigures your ship will look even better.

At Brethren of the Brick Seas that would be a class 4 ship:

Just as I have no disadvantage in the game with my Galleons, you would have no disadvantage with a Carrack either. I see you like the Spanish Empire (Me too, but I wanted to be a pirate even more *oh2* ).

Have a look at The Empire of Eslandola:

Hi Nod, Also to you big Thank! :pir-huzzah2:

Wow thanks Mate =) Yeah the open part bothers me too. In fact i have a rather underwhelming Staircase inside. Maybe it will be better on the outside, with more detail. Problem is there is not much space between the two castles. So Guns will move, some of them. Its not really a warship so its ok i think.

Full masts, sails, rigging and minifigures will come, you can quote me on this =)

Class 4 is quite high for a Treasure Ship i think. So very good for me. =)

In a matter of fact, joining is great challenge for me because also like both. I cant really decide. I love Galleons and Carracks, i love big bulky Ships. On the other hand i love Pirates, but with big Ships. And i dont think this will be well recorded. Biggest Ship i saw in your Pirate Ship Registry was yours i  think, Class 7 or 8?

ONe question to you Nod, are you planning New Ships? I think yours are really superb, i'm a big fan! :pir-love:

Thanks to all of you :pir-huzzah2:

2 hours ago, CaptainPolluxofOrion said:

Hi Nod, Also to you big Thank! :pir-huzzah2:

Wow thanks Mate =) Yeah the open part bothers me too. In fact i have a rather underwhelming Staircase inside. Maybe it will be better on the outside, with more detail. Problem is there is not much space between the two castles. So Guns will move, some of them. Its not really a warship so its ok i think.

Full masts, sails, rigging and minifigures will come, you can quote me on this =)

Class 4 is quite high for a Treasure Ship i think. So very good for me. =)

In a matter of fact, joining is great challenge for me because also like both. I cant really decide. I love Galleons and Carracks, i love big bulky Ships. On the other hand i love Pirates, but with big Ships. And i dont think this will be well recorded. Biggest Ship i saw in your Pirate Ship Registry was yours i  think, Class 7 or 8?

ONe question to you Nod, are you planning New Ships? I think yours are really superb, i'm a big fan! :pir-love:

Thanks to all of you :pir-huzzah2:

Hi CaptainPolluxofOrion!

My best ship so far was the Galleon Cartagena, a class 8 ship.

My last ship was a Class 9 Galleon. I see a lot of mistakes in the photos. My new ship will be a class 9 galleon with fewer bugs.

This is my example and the best galleon I've seen with Lego bricks.

:pir-love::pir-stareyes::pir-wub:

Edited by NOD

On 9/6/2022 at 1:44 AM, NOD said:

Hi CaptainPolluxofOrion!

My best ship so far was the Galleon Cartagena, a class 8 ship.

My last ship was a Class 9 Galleon. I see a lot of mistakes in the photos. My new ship will be a class 9 galleon with fewer bugs.

This is my example and the best galleon I've seen with Lego bricks.

:pir-love::pir-stareyes::pir-wub:

You have a awesome Fleet! :pir-huzzah2: The last Galleon you made was Habana, if i'm not mistaken? How wide is She? The techniques you use are really next level. Your Ships look so smooth. I will try myself one day.

My next Ship will be a lot bigger than the Treasure Ship. I want to try the offset technique, were you build with odd and even Numbers. The Hull will be more natural but not as natural as yours. Captain Xavier from YT used this technique on an number of really big ships. I have also seen others in the forum here who done it. My first Ship with use this technique will use the bow hull with 16 studs. A next ship i plan will be a lot bigger and built without the hull pieces.

The first bigger ship will be a 17th century ship, maybe a Pinasship. And the bigger Ship will be a smaller Version of "Adler von Lübeck" or also a big Favorite of mine:"Great Henry" and "Mary Rose"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adler_von_L%C3%BCbeck

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Grace_%C3%A0_Dieu

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Rose

Don't know which i should pick...

The Example you have shown is really awesome. I don't how he has done it. These techniques... Wow!

Edited by CaptainPolluxofOrion

You are almost there! Keep at it! :pir-thumb:

Any chance you have images from other angles? It would be nice to see the stern view.

6 hours ago, Marooned Marin said:

You are almost there! Keep at it! :pir-thumb:

Any chance you have images from other angles? It would be nice to see the stern view.

Thanks Mate! :pir-huzzah2:

Oh yes i think you asked this some time before. Sorry had forgotten to do. Ich hope i can make it tonight. In Croatia you have Central European Time i think?!

I can see the construction progress on the Treasure Ship, it looks better every time. :pir-triumph:  

On 3/9/2023 at 10:30 AM, CaptainPolluxofOrion said:

Version 3.3 (Semi Final, i have to make Rigging and Sails )

It's quite interesting to see how these creations evolve over time!

And always good to have Work In Progress material to provide depth to our MOC blog posts...

On 3/11/2023 at 2:33 AM, A_Forest_of_Lego said:

Looking good!

Thanks Mate :pir-huzzah2:

On 3/11/2023 at 10:40 AM, Yperio_Bricks said:

A wonderful ship! With its four masts and the beautiful decorations it is an eye-catcher for sure. 

Hey thanks a lot Mate :pir-huzzah1:

On 3/20/2023 at 7:57 AM, Mister Phes said:

It's quite interesting to see how these creations evolve over time!

And always good to have Work In Progress material to provide depth to our MOC blog posts...

Yeah you are very right. I love this evolving of a Moc.

So as ask before some of wanted to see some detailed shots of Stern/Bow and interior. Here it is, but sadly only Screenshots this time.

Bow

Bow of the Golden Maiden

Stern

Stern of the "Golden Maiden"

Interior of Aft Castle

Captains Cabin and Officers cabins

from Port Side

Captains Cabin seen from port

Detailed Shot on the Coat of Arms of Güldenhafen (Golden Harbor)

Coat of Arms of "Gueldenhafen" or "Golden Harbor"

My Treasure Ship also has a Name now, "Güldene Maid" or "Golden Maiden" for non german speeking folks. Its a Ship of the Kingdom of Gueldenland (not Güldenland, a continent in the german pen and paper Game DSA or The Black Eye), my Gueldenland is a Country i  created last Weekend when my Brother and his son came. We had two awesome Lego Building Days and also made our own World we want to play in. Die Westlichen Lande or "Western Lands" a continent  like Europe on a World/Planet we don't have a Name for now. Its a mishmash of different Fantasy Themes but also some alternative historical designs... (mostly by me).

6 hours ago, CaptainPolluxofOrion said:

My Treasure Ship also has a Name now, "Güldene Maid" or "Golden Maiden" for non german speeking folks. Its a Ship of the Kingdom of Gueldenland (not Güldenland, a continent in the german pen and paper Game DSA or The Black Eye), my Gueldenland is a Country i  created last Weekend when my Brother and his son came. We had two awesome Lego Building Days and also made our own World we want to play in. Die Westlichen Lande or "Western Lands" a continent  like Europe on a World/Planet we don't have a Name for now. Its a mishmash of different Fantasy Themes but also some alternative historical designs... (mostly by me). 

Thank you sharing those Work In Progress renders and background information on Güldene Maid - it adds so much depth to the creation! :pir-thumb:

It's great to see photos of the different stages of construction. Ship's bow and stern look good. The interior is also very interesting and well built. :pir-huzzah1: