Sign in to follow this  
Ayrlego

ETTC Offices, Queenston

In the new settlement of Queenston, the ETTC has established their presence with a first property. The modest complex includes office space, with a small warehouse. Also attached is a belltower to keep the citizens of Queenston punctual like all good proper Corlanders! As the settlement shows great commercial potential, the ETTC are hoping this will be the first of many ETTC properties in the settlement. A column of redcoats marches past to guard against the ever present Lotii threat. The office at this stage only contains the principle company agent and a couple of assistants, although the company has plans to bring in more workers and even some sepoys to guard their investments soon.

52329951586_0100d2aa06_b.jpg

I've tried to experiment with the style of the source material @Justsomebrix posted as inspiration in the settlement thread. The sand green started as medium green, but as I only have medium green in 1x2 bricks, I just didn't have the variety to get the texture I wanted - so I quickly switched over to sand green. Will be licensed for the ETTC as a large commerce in Queenston.

Edit: Also a GoC task14 build!

Lovely! I really like the sand green and medium nougat (?) for the base of the left building, and the angles of the buildings are interesting.

Only very minor thing that stands out to me in the inclusion of the palm tree base on the far left. I think if it had been nestled into the vegetation it wouldn't stand out quite so much.

Nice showing and good to have ETTC in Queenston!

I like how realistic the variety of colors on these buildings are.  The sand green bottom is even a little ugly with the white and dark orange, but it fits great with the overall MOC and makes it feel real.  The subtle angles on the buildings are perfect.  And I've spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to figure out if that front palm tree is connected to the base in some magical way or is just defying gravity on its own. :pir_laugh2:

But why fleshies?!? :pir_tong2:

Woah, this looks amazing! I love the subtle grid-offset and the colours are really good too! And then there's the foliage that is the cherry on top!
And do I spot a little Chameleon there too?

This is a very beautiful colored building with interesting architecture.

Very good, I'm glad that at Brethren of the Brick Seas aren't just lemon heads! :pir-huzzah2: Flesh is the new yellow! :pir-grin:

Another masterpiece out of Ayrlego's lab.

For the palmtree I think there's a small part of the full base that superimpose over the palmtree's own minibase. (nice idea btw).

Il ove those shutters and the mean you used to mimic an arch with headlights and cheese slopes.

Truly a masteriece! Now i want to dismiss Star Wars and become a pirate arrr :pir_laugh2:

I love the colonial architecture and the colors. The slight angle of the buildings makes it even more interesting.

I can only echo what others have said and add that I am really impressed with how all the buildings are at some angle. It would be fun to see a picture from the back....

Also, a clear :thumbup: For GoC