Oky

[MOC] PlunderCats: Hideout on Cat Skull Island

blogged.png

PlunderCats are on the move, PlunderCats are loose! The PlunderCats are a band of ferocious feline pirates lead by the fearsome Captain Fluffybeard. Their hideout is located in the middle of the Catribbean on Cat Skull Island and is essentially a big cat tree.

52325996913_88e84f688a_z.jpg

Their ship is basically just a box with sails since the cats are usually more interested in the crate that the pirate ship parts arrive in than the actual ship itself. They don't get very far with it, though, since they tend to claw up the sails much like they do with drapes.

52325758276_3567ea5740_z.jpg

The island used to be inhabited by Mouselanders until the PlunderCats hunted them and drove them away. The only remainder of their culture is a statue on the beach. And yes, that is a cat turd next to it. After all, what is a beach but a giant litter box.

52325996608_2eb98cf4e1_z.jpg

The PlunderCats are always on the run from the Imperial Armada, but recently they managed to capture their arch enemy, the scurvy dog Admiral Barkington, and are holding him hostage. They imprisoned him in a kennel on their island with a dog bowl with a delicious bone just out of reach. The admiral is not happy about his situation.

52325758351_1d295ce628_z.jpg

Inside their cat tree house, they have a table with a treasure map and various chests and barrels. Captain Fluffybeard also likes to keep a parrot here, in case he wants a snack to play with.

52325996643_a45400631a_z.jpg

Outside the hut, some of the PlunderCats ladies have gotten into a swashbuckling, literal cat fight. One of them is standing on the bridge that connects the cat tree with the guard tower by the kennel prison which is armed with a hairball cannon.

52325758501_21e6859b89_z.jpg

On the roof of the hut, one of the cats dove head-first into a barrel of catnip right after knocking over a carton milk because, well, he's a cat. There is also a crane here which when not used to lift up supplies to the cat tree, it's used to dangle cat toys from it.

52325758371_9eaa855209_z.jpg

On one of the platforms, two very popular cat musicians, keyboard piano cat and bongo cat, are playing shanties to entertain the other PlunderCats. Let's hope they don't catch a cold up here and go viral.

52326121045_f88918b757_z.jpg

Up on Cat Skull Mountain inside the giant cat head is a cave where the PlunderCats keep their most prized treasure: the Golden Cheezburger. A cat skeleton is here to remind potential thieves that no one can haz it but them. From the giant skull, a waterfall runs down to the river below, making it look like a cat barfing onto a carpet.

52325758456_c76136abe3_z.jpg

Here is a closer at Captain Fluffybeard and his fearsome crew.

52326120930_cec41b1e37_z.jpg

I hope you like my entry for the pi-RATS & BUG-aneers contest on Bricknerd.

Plunder, plunder, PlunderCats yo-HO!

Play me out, Bongo Cat!

52326120945_0e60e4c1c7_o.gif

This is fantastic! Great use of a mix of feline style heads, the Chima ones seem to fit especially well. I love the mouse statue, 100% gave me immediate Islander vibes which is a great thing.

Wow what a funny build! Have seen somewhere else a catpirate build and it was awesome, too! What a great contest theme! I really love the figs and when i saw the bongo cat I just see my sisters white cat and her fitting chat emojis she sends me all day. I will forward this to her right now! 

What a great fun build, and hits nostalgia of both 1980s LEGO and TV.

The moment I saw this, I remembered the 2D PC game "Captain Claw" - which was actually about a cat captain, who sought the legendary medalion of nine lives, while battling off the Cocker-Spaniards and other dogs/felines :) Thank you for bringig back these memories with such a storyful and detailed build;-)

Thanks for all the kind words everyone!

6 hours ago, Marooned Marin said:

@Okyyour cute and fuzzy build has been finallyblogged.pngon the Classic-Pirates.com :pir-huzzah2:

Awesome! Thank you so much!

As for your question regarding the cat skull on an island previously inhabited by mouselanders, I like to think that the mouselanders carved it into the mountain in order to ward off unwanted visitors since that’s what they thought was scary, but it only ended up attracting the PlunderCats. 

7 minutes ago, Oky said:

Awesome! Thank you so much!

Nay, thank you for sharing with us this wonderful build! It's gaining a lot of positive feedback on our Classic-Pirates Facebook Group! :pir-triumph:

And thank you for your explanation about the Cat Skull :pir-grin: Makes perfect sense now.

Do you consider entering ongoing Classic-Pirates contest? Your building skills would certainly make the contest more interesting.

3 minutes ago, Marooned Marin said:

Do you consider entering ongoing Classic-Pirates contest? Your building skills would certainly make the contest more interesting.

Yes! There are other contests that take priority for me right now, but I’m definitely thinking about entering this one too!

14 minutes ago, Oky said:

but I’m definitely thinking about entering this one too!

Looking forward seeing more of your cat pirate work :pir-huzzah2: