Sign in to follow this  
Takanuinuva

Parts with studs on 2 opposite sides.

There are not that many. Apparently there's the 1 x 1 x 1 bricks with four studs on the sides, the 1 x 2 x 1 brick with studs on both sides and then something like this https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=4081b#T=C . Otherwise you're pretty much out of luck. LEGO doesn't do direction inverters, though more recently there are more and more sets where the lack of these elements that are common for their competitors becomes painfully apparent and the creative workarounds (see this for instance: https://myleniumsbrickcorner.wordpress.com/2022/03/03/island-architecture-lego-architecture-singapore-21057/ ) don't really disguise this fact.

Mylenium

Which wedges are you using? Can you get away with the (illegal) technique of sticking them back to back with technic pins?

Or alternatively a technic liftarm, with 1/2 technic pins with studs in to attach the wedges, plus you can then build the blade off the liftarm.

Funnily enough I ended up figuring it out. But now my main problem is there is a tiny gap I want to fill in that I can't

sword_build.png

When I built the real life version. There is a very small gap that has to be accounted for when attaching the parts. I've tried everything to fill it in. Even a LOTR ring piece. But nothing fills it in perfectly. It's not that big an issue as the build is still very secure. (Uses the same 1x2 round plates to attach on the sides as the bottom ones.)

And yes it has to be like that as I'm using 2 blade pieces right next to each other to make a larger sword.

I wanted it to connect with axles so the sword blades couldn't turn. But I couldn't do that and have both wedges connected to both sides securely.

If I could solve that minor gap issue. This build would be pretty much perfected.