XG BC

Octrainber 2022: Atg-1 deicing with a jet engine

todays progress:

t334_5

first i made the white stripe go continous, lowered the hoods by one plate and included the handrails.

t334_6

next i added the cabs windows and chimney. still not entirely happy with the sides which are supposed to be inverted. next up is changing the coupling design so no accidental decoupling in r40 curves

instead of doing what i should do next i started on the modded version:

düsentriebwerk modified

quite a rough model currently. ofcourse still missing its fuel tank and the jet engine.

Edited by XG BC

well next up i did the fuel tank. not finished yet, still needs some details.

düsentriebwerk modified 2

today i did a lot of progress:

overview

first i changed the magnet to allow it to work in curves without decouplings.

t334 modded almost complete

and then i did the klimow wk1-a jet engine with its mounting and added some Detail to the tank aswell. the jet engine was quite a fun build i have to say.

a_Klimow_WK-1.jpg

here is a picture of a restored engine. the one on the actual vehicle is quite rusty. the individual tubes are the chambers where the fuel gets burned. unlike jet engines today which have the air flow straight through them this one had a radial fan which pushed the air into these chambers where it was mixed with fuel and ignited pushing it out the rear driving a turbine that drove the radial fan.

9 hours ago, XG BC said:

today i did a lot of progress:

overview

first i changed the magnet to allow it to work in curves without decouplings.

t334 modded almost complete

and then i did the klimow wk1-a jet engine with its mounting and added some Detail to the tank aswell. the jet engine was quite a fun build i have to say.

a_Klimow_WK-1.jpg

here is a picture of a restored engine. the one on the actual vehicle is quite rusty. the individual tubes are the chambers where the fuel gets burned. unlike jet engines today which have the air flow straight through them this one had a radial fan which pushed the air into these chambers where it was mixed with fuel and ignited pushing it out the rear driving a turbine that drove the radial fan.

yeah! Finally jet engine version!  
Marvellous entry !

Great subject !!! Very original, and well designed - especially the jet engine, which is full of details! :thumbup:

Good work, and let me say - great improvement on your building techniques :pir-love:

Ciao!

Davide

Edited by Paperinik77pk

well i am not done yet. final renders tomorrow. added some stuff. in terms of building techniques it isnt that much different to last years model except the undercarridge and the windows which use the same basic technique as the vossloh g6. i am super happy with how the jet engine turned out though. i think Somebody recommended me the piece with the multiple bars to attach clips to as the base for the jet and i went along from there.

Edited by XG BC

15 hours ago, XG BC said:

well i am not done yet.

Does that mean that you’re also going to build the MiG 17…? 

no mig 17 unfortunately. NOW i am done:

düsentriebwerk final unmodified

changed the bars to the correct color

t334 final unmodified_2

rear side

t334 final modified

made the bars red and added the support structure and hydraulic cylinders

t334 final modified 2

and here is the other side. added a little bit of detail to the fuel tank aswell

So ... I waited a bit.

Wow.

Wow.

Man.

This is such a nice rendition of what you were "planning" in your first post. 

6-wide ... articulated ... negotiating R40's ... I thought: Good luck on this one.

Saw the progress - and even with "just" the wheel sets - the thinking about certain articulations not allowing for details - I had no clue what you were talking about.

And then I closely followed your progress - and just waited for "I'm done".

Incredible. 6 wide with this detailing.

Congratulations on this fine work - on an iconic model - and most importantly on a fantastic rendition!!! This needs to be built in bricks.

All the best,
Thorsten

19 hours ago, XG BC said:

no mig 17 unfortunately.

LOL!! Ah well, no matter. You've produced two very satisfying models of the loco in it's "before" and "after" phases, including a very detailed jet engine, which is something that I'm sure very few of us "railheads" have ever had to consider.

13 hours ago, Toastie said:

This needs to be built in bricks.

Agreed. Even if you can't do it in time for the deadline due to your other commitments, it would be good to see this built at some point.

On 9/11/2022 at 9:17 PM, XG BC said:

no mig 17 unfortunately. NOW i am done:

düsentriebwerk final unmodified

changed the bars to the correct color

t334 final unmodified_2

rear side

t334 final modified

made the bars red and added the support structure and hydraulic cylinders

Spoiler

Nice, I love it. I was given an assignment from college to write on cheating, but I had no clue what it was. So, I started researching it online and came across www.topessaywriting.org/samples/cheating, which assisted me in writing my essay and gave me examples to finish it.

t334 final modified 2

and here is the other side. added a little bit of detail to the fuel tank aswell

Nice, it looks so cool.

Edited by WayneOwens

At first I didn't believe much in this project, it seemed a bit simplistic and even more difficult to represent with a good degree of detail... :hmpf_bad:
Then when I saw your progress and the miracle in realizing such a beautiful locomotive respecting the details and proportions on the width 6 I thought "the force is strong with this one!" :vader:
The jet engine is the icing on the cake, so well proportioned and captivating :wub:
In the end I changed my mind ... excellent result! :excited: