Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2023 Leaks, Rumours, Speculation And Discussion

I never thought I'd see the day there isn't a cop set in a wave of LEGO City. :laugh:

Normally the $200 City set is lacking to say the least and honestly overpriced garbage, but damn, that's how you make an overpriced $200+ City set.

The Arctic sets are disappointing to me though. Something about the colors not working for me and the sub seems small for the price.

The Ice Cream Shop is probably $40+ in the USA, but when it's $25-$30 I look forward to getting it. I kind of like the simple, modern style of it and the melting ice cream down the front is fun.

They finally went and committed all in to making Friends-type material in LEGO City style. Hooray!

These sets look awesome. They've got some real personality to them.

I love to see LEGO's commitment to making new animals continuing as well after we languished with such a scant selection for so many years.

5 hours ago, Maple said:

I never thought I'd see the day there isn't a cop set in a wave of LEGO City. :laugh:

Normally the $200 City set is lacking to say the least and honestly overpriced garbage, but damn, that's how you make an overpriced $200+ City set.

IKR!!!!! I need a mall for my town. That Urban Centre is just right for it. 

8 minutes ago, The Brick Boss said:

IKR!!!!! I need a mall for my town. That Urban Centre is just right for it. 

It's a really nice set

4 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

They finally went and committed all in to making Friends-type material in LEGO City style. Hooray!

These sets look awesome. They've got some real personality to them.

I love to see LEGO's commitment to making new animals continuing as well after we languished with such a scant selection for so many years.

I have to admit it's really nice to see city starting to look like CITY. 

Also, I know what I'm about to say won't appeal anyone here but if these designs continue to be used in future sets, I wonder how they will do newer police stationn and fire stations. I would love to see a police station with great detail and less vehicles to not bump the price. And finally... 

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE AIRPORT :moar:

18 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

It's a really nice set

Also, I know what I'm about to say won't appeal anyone here but if these designs continue to be used in future sets, I wonder how they will do newer police stationn and fire stations. I would love to see a police station with great detail and less vehicles to not bump the price. And finally... 

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE AIRPORT :moar:

I can’t wait to see the airport too, it’ll be interesting what other sets they cook up

20 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Ikr! For once, City actually follows its name instead of being an outlet to make what is basically a kids version of Law & Order. Tbh, I think cancelling the Lego City Adventures series was a step in the right direction. 

42 minutes ago, The Brick Boss said:

Ikr! For once, City actually follows its name instead of being an outlet to make what is basically a kids version of Law & Order. Tbh, I think cancelling the Lego City Adventures series was a step in the right direction. 

I like LCA, and I will rewatch it soon. Just be glad we dont have any Police or Fire sets in this wave! 

2 hours ago, Lion King said:

It looks like there are more than 3 new animal molds in. Arctic subtheme?

Five? Polar bear cub, Orca, adult seal, baby seal, adult turtle.

8 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Five? Polar bear cub, Orca, adult seal, baby seal, adult turtle.

Thank you! I didn’t notice polar bear cub and adult turtle but that’s great!

55 minutes ago, Lion King said:

Thank you! I didn’t notice polar bear cub and adult turtle but that’s great!

Probably because it's included in 60378 and there's only one image of that set

This sets for this summer they just blow my mind 🤯 !!! What a  time to be a Lego city fan , we are clearly approaching to another level . We are clearly entering a new era of Lego city , a fantastic mix of good designs of friends designers and ninjago city vibes on the 200 dollar set . 

Hopefully will get pictures of the new passenger plane set , and hoping that set also goes to another level as the new city line . 

5 hours ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Probably because it's included in 60378 and there's only one image of that set

There are now three, the one with children playing, the box art and the render.

Some really good pictures (including alternate pictures) here:

https://bouwsteentjes.info/lego-city-zomer-2023-sets/

Most of the building sets are modular, which is really cool.

The ski slope has a great interior that includes an internal lift to the top of the slope!

The city center is gorgeous and combines a relatively simple modular design into a surprisingly complex layout. My sister notified me that apparently the comic shop includes a stickered Ninjago trading card tile—I've been keeping a list of Ninjago sets that have those but would've never thought to look in a City set! There's also a cute little microscale Temple of Airjitzu there.

The car wash also has a surprising amount of functionality for such a small set, including a shaft to drop "suds" on the car as well as fans to dry it off in the back!

10 minutes ago, danimarroquin said:

So which sets got postpone to September ? 

60367, 60381, 60395, 60396, 60397.

On 5/3/2023 at 9:00 PM, The Brick Boss said:

Basically the sets that haven't been revealed yet. 

So the only one that we know it’s the passenger airplane ! 

Oh my goodness! There are so many special and refreshing City sets in the coming summer! Hard-earned money is to be emptied again!

Best part I like about this wave how there are many buildings, but they also don't come with large vehicles using up the parts/budget/price.

Best example would be how last Ski resort would have ambulances and news helicopters and such, and this is basicly a XXL version of 31080: Modular Winter Vacation they made a few years ago with a snow slope on the roof.

Seems they took a bunch of inspiration from those 3-in-1 "modular" styled buildings from 2017/2018 as even 60364: Skate Park reminds me a lot of 31081: Modular Skate House (climb wall moved to winter sports park) and 60365: Apartment Building vs 31068: Modular Modern Home  

Edited by TeriXeri

So I am digging this summer 2023 wave! I almost can't till June to actually see these on shelves. I can't decide which one to get first! I wish I were wealthy so I could buy all of the ones I wanted at the same time! Given that my town's service center has already been established, I'm prolly going to get the car wash first. 

So, while waiting for more pictures, been looking at some reviews of sets like the 2023 Police Training Academy, and the same 8x8 and 8x16 "modules" with technic holes seem to apply to most of the new buildings.

Even the new car wash seems to be on a 8x16 base and the little green side terrain is clicked in with a technic pin.

Ice Cream shop seems to consist of a 8x16 and a 8x8 section for the building,  with a 8x8 "terrace" as has been done before with 3-in-1 corner buildings.

The appartment building, the planters are clearly hanging on the sides with pins, the main Half Pipe on the skate park gives away the system as well. 

Can't wait to see more of the interiors / back sides.

I think there's a whole lot more modularity to this City to be seen with more pictures and especially videos , reviews, instructions, and those sets are only about 3.5 weeks away.

Edited by TeriXeri