Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2023 Leaks, Rumours, Speculation And Discussion

On 4/27/2023 at 4:06 AM, Night City Dream said:

With 913 pieces it has to be far bigger and probably will be standard 8 studs wide. Or, maybe 'passenger plane' is just a name, and it will include a terminal and some land infrastructure? Just like the 60263.

However, I'd like to see a decent airport with building and control tower rather than a detailed and huge jumbo jet. I alway think about my beloved 6597 - best airport set of all times. Remember having it on my birthday back in 1996. Sweet times.

Hoping we only get the airplane with ground equipment this time , so we can get an airport set by winter . 

On 4/27/2023 at 9:06 AM, Night City Dream said:

With 913 pieces it has to be far bigger and probably will be standard 8 studs wide. Or, maybe 'passenger plane' is just a name, and it will include a terminal and some land infrastructure? Just like the 60263.

However, I'd like to see a decent airport with building and control tower rather than a detailed and huge jumbo jet. I alway think about my beloved 6597 - best airport set of all times. Remember having it on my birthday back in 1996. Sweet times.

Yes, 6597 really was the greatest airport set! 

So there'll be new moulds for an orca, seal and baby seal - these are three new animal moulds that we still know now.

The Wildlife Rescue theme in 2021 had 12 animals in total of which there were four old moulds in new colors and the other eight animals were new (elephant, elephant baby, monkey (two colors), lion (two colors) and lion baby (two colors)). So there were five new moulds in total.

Consequently I'm guessing that the three new animal moulds / animals won't be the only ones showing up in this year's summer City lineup. I can well imagine that Lego uses the printed bigger fish from that new exclusive Disney set and the recolored small fish (now in magenta) in the underwater sets. Plus I bet that the ice bear will make a comeback and so there could very well be a (new) ice bear baby mould. And last, I'm hoping for the town center set that Lego will give us a (new) swane mould and the duck mould printed as real ducks - male one and female one - that would be awesome.

What do you think?

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

49 minutes ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

So there'll be new moulds for an orca, seal and baby seal - these are three new animal moulds that we still know now.

The Wildlife Rescue theme in 2021 had 12 animals in total of which there were four old moulds in new colors and the other eight animals were new (elephant, elephant baby, monkey (two colors), lion (two colors) and lion baby (two colors)). So there were five new moulds in total.

Consequently I'm guessing that the three new animal moulds / animals won't be the only ones showing up in this year's summer City lineup. I can well imagine that Lego uses the printed bigger fish from that new exclusive Disney set and the recolored small fish (now in magenta) in the underwater sets. Plus I bet that the ice bear will make a comeback and so there could very well be a (new) ice bear baby mould. And last, I'm hoping for the town center set that Lego will give us a (new) swane mould and the duck mould printed as real ducks - male one and female one - that would be awesome.

What do you think?

I won’t call two colors “new” if we talk about new molds. So it’s just elephant, elephant calf, lion (wiht ONLY new head), lion cub, and monkey. It’s five new molds for animals in Wildlife Rescue. 

In 2020, we had Anglerfish, Manta Ray, and Hammerhead Shark (again, ONLY new head). It’s three new molds. Oh and we get a green sea turtle mold from CMF Series 20.

Last year, we have piglet, lamb, cow calf.  It’s three new molds. It’s quite a shame that we don’t get a poster mold yet. Again, we get a foal in CMF Series 22.

So far, it’s possible we would have at least three new molds in Arctic subtheme this year (orca, seal and baby seal). 

However, recolored aniamls are counted as “new” animals to represent a specific specimen. For example, lion cub is recolored as a panther cub. Or a Nagini mold was recolored as an African rock head python. Or a Patronus otter is recolored as a nomral other. Or a green sea turtle is recolored as loghead turtle (i think I misplace it?). 

Edited by Lion King

3 hours ago, Lion King said:

So it’s just elephant, elephant calf, lion (wiht ONLY new head), lion cub, and monkey. It’s five new molds for animals in Wildlife Rescue. 

The elephant had 2 new moulds and even if the lion only had a new head that do not matter when it comes to Lego budget where a mould is mould. Probably why they did not make the elephant closer to the original one with more movements that would cost way too much in new moulds..

3 hours ago, Lion King said:

Last year, we have piglet, lamb, cow calf.  It’s three new molds.

I would argue the sheep fleece is a new animal mould as well, it do not work for much else then a body-part of an animal:shrug_oh_well:

If you are listing new animals in City there is missing several.. On top of my head squirrels, dogs, cats..

6 hours ago, Roebuck said:

The elephant had 2 new moulds and even if the lion only had a new head that do not matter when it comes to Lego budget where a mould is mould. Probably why they did not make the elephant closer to the original one with more movements that would cost way too much in new moulds.

Elephant has 3 new molds actaully. Head, body and trunk.

Just like Brachiosaurus this year. No movable legs. For both Brachiosaurus and elephant.

6 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I would argue the sheep fleece is a new animal mould as well, it do not work for much else then a body-part of an animal:shrug_oh_well:

If you are listing new animals in City there is missing several.. On top of my head squirrels, dogs, cats..

Iwould consider a fleece wool as a part of sheep so it’s hardly counted as a “new animal mold” but I guess we can count it. 

And we are talking about animal molds in the specific City subthemes,  not the general City theme…

Edited by Lion King

9 hours ago, The Brick Boss said:

@Klaus-Dieter Any descriptions on the buildings?

From all we know, the snowmobile and the icebreaker ship are the only ones with descriptions, sadly it's just about what animals they include. The snowmobile will include the seals and the ship will include an orca. 

3 hours ago, Powered by Bricks said:

From all we know, the snowmobile and the icebreaker ship are the only ones with descriptions, sadly it's just about what animals they include. The snowmobile will include the seals and the ship will include an orca. 

Sorry! I'm only interested in the buildings. 😑

10 minutes ago, The Brick Boss said:

Sorry! I'm only interested in the buildings. 😑

Sadly there's no information about the buildings. 

COME ON LEGO reveal the sets already! 😡

37 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

COME ON LEGO reveal the sets already! 😡

From what I heard, they're supposed to be revealed tomorrow (May 1st for those not in the same timezone as I am). If not the 1st, definitely sometime that week. 

Edited by The Brick Boss

As you can see from it being shared on Instagram, some sets have started to be released. City theme is also expected to come out soon.

1 hour ago, LCP said:

As you can see from it being shared on Instagram, some sets have started to be released. City theme is also expected to come out soon.

Link?

1 hour ago, Gabricks said:

Link?

City have yet to release images.

18 hours ago, Lion King said:

Elephant has 3 new molds actaully. Head, body and trunk.

Nope the trunk came from the mammoth :wink:

18 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Nope the trunk came from the mammoth :wink:

Yoh you are right! I forgot about that mammoth. 

5 hours ago, LCP said:

The images are from creator Disney and dreamworks sets

As you know, we can check information about Lego sets through Lego certificates. So I'm trying to access Lego certificate, but I failed to access the certificate homepage. I think the new Lego set certificates are being registered, so I can't access.

5 hours ago, Crazy bricks said:

I just want them to release a new goat figure :(

I think you should follow the Castle tread then, most like it will pop up there in a year or two :shrug_oh_well:

19 minutes ago, Izzynufc-2 said:

I really wanna see Lego City explore more dog breeds 

I wanna see them explore more generic ‘dogs’, rather than just specific breeds. We needz muttz!

So far, almost all themes have revealed their newest sets. But City hasn't. Oooooooh the suspense is killing me.

2 hours ago, Izzynufc-2 said:

I really wanna see Lego City explore more dog breeds 

Well......

German Shephereds are primarily seen in police sets, while Dalmations are prominent in the fire sets. But those are just two examples because there were other breeds as well. For example; Siberian Huskies were pretty prominent in the arctic sets - mostly the 2018 ones. In 2020, an American Bulldog made an appearance in the tuning workshop set, which for the record is my favorite set of that year. That same year was also an Albino Pitbull that was included in the 2020 police station (I'm surprised that Lego didn't cancel THAT set as a scene in that set kinda gave subtle hints to a dog fight! My gawd, Lego can be so hypocritical at times!). Did I forget to mention that the service station (Which is by far the worse one I've seen from Lego) also had a Chihuahua mold. Then in 2021, there was a Chocolate Lab that was assisting a blind man in one of the town booster sets in and a Yellow Lab included in the family home - which acts as my sigfig's dog! So with that being said, I think City has pretty much focused on all the popular dog breeds except for the RottweilerGreat Dane and the French Poodle. If they were to make those, then I'd get those straight off of Bricks and Pieces. 

Edited by The Brick Boss

I thought of Gabby's Dollhouse, which was unveiled this time, and I feel that the City apartment set, which will be unveiled soon, will come out like that.

16 minutes ago, LCP said:

I thought of Gabby's Dollhouse, which was unveiled this time, and I feel that the City apartment set, which will be unveiled soon, will come out like that.

Oh dear! I hope not!