Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2023 Leaks, Rumours, Speculation And Discussion

4 hours ago, Gabricks said:

We need post office, is any chance of getting 60399 in 2023 or not to be post office?

Will you accept the fact that it’s a post office from other line, Modular Buildings, instead of this City theme? We can use modular buildings to make our own city and put some vehicles or minifigures from his theme.

1 hour ago, Lion King said:

Will you accept the fact that it’s a post office from other line, Modular Buildings, instead of this City theme? We can use modular buildings to make our own city and put some vehicles or minifigures from his theme.

Love the idea of a Modular and yes we can always MOC our own post offices. But I'd also want to see City's take on it. They've already shown me their take on a grocery store and a school. 

On 3/18/2023 at 6:45 PM, The Brick Boss said:

Love the idea of a Modular and yes we can always MOC our own post offices. But I'd also want to see City's take on it. They've already shown me their take on a grocery store and a school. 

Lego modular will be big and unconfortable for kids

5 hours ago, Gabricks said:

I said I wanted to see City's take on it and modulars aren't supposed to be for kids. Modulars are geared towards older audiences. 

10 hours ago, Gabricks said:

As the Brick Boss said, Modulars are for adults only, accroding to the 18+ on the boxes. We know Modulars are very advanced and detailed. City sets are pretty simple for the kids to build. 

And i agree with him - City should take on it! A simple post office set would be better. 

3-in-1 could probably do a post office build pretty easily in one of their builds, but it'll likely have less sticker specific details.

But some 3-in-1 sets have used stickers to show what they sell , like the Burger Truck and Noodle Shop.

But a City set can come with more specific pieces/figures and a mail vehicle. (but I prefer a building and vehicle to be seperate)

Edited by TeriXeri

49 minutes ago, Lion King said:

And i agree with him - City should take on it! A simple post office set would be better. 

Especially if you want to get kids interested in this line of work. 

8 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

(but I prefer a building and vehicle to be seperate)

You mean like a mini-postal services subtheme? Dude, do you know how long I've been fighting for one of those? I mean yeah, we had the ones from 2008, but that seemed to focus more on the shipping cargo aspect than the postal service. For a theme like that, along with a post office as the base set and a mail van for going short distances I'd also add a postal heliplane for air delivery and a long mail semi hauler used for delivering cross-country. A postal train sounds good too. 

29 minutes ago, Killian said:

Random question,

Roughly how many pieces make up the bus in set 60335? 

Just over 200

7 minutes ago, Lion King said:

200 pieces for bus sounds prett low. 

It actually makes a complete build! Its actually a good piece to have in your town. 

2 hours ago, The Brick Boss said:

It actually makes a complete build! Its actually a good piece to have in your town. 

Really? I mean I never owned a lego bus set in my life. So 200 pieces sound awfully low for me to imagine what it looks like.  I thought 300 pieces may be more reasonable to make a decent bus, ya know? Well, I will give it the 200-piece bus a shot. 

7 minutes ago, Lion King said:

Really? I mean I never owned a lego bus set in my life. So 200 pieces sound awfully low for me to imagine what it looks like.  I thought 300 pieces may be more reasonable to make a decent bus, ya know? Well, I will give it the 200-piece bus a shot. 

Pretty much all Lego buses, except for the school bus from the 2022 school set have managed to impress. You'll love to have one in your town. Trust me! 

15 hours ago, The Brick Boss said:

Pretty much all Lego buses, except for the school bus from the 2022 school set have managed to impress. You'll love to have one in your town. Trust me! 

Okay thanks!i am looking forward for a bus set in my town one day. :)

On 3/19/2023 at 9:45 PM, Gabricks said:

I think you underestimate what kids can do or desire if given the chance. My 10 year old has been (re)building my modulars for a number of years now, and since I got the Police Station modular I haven't even gotten to build the latest 3 modulars at all, since he's been doing them by himself without my help. It's actually been the city sets that I've been getting to build lately. We are going to have a real fight on our hands if/when the Curiousity Rover comes out. He is currently hoping to have the Mars Base MOC he designed in Studio and is busy building ready to display at the upcoming convention in a couple of months.

On 3/19/2023 at 11:45 PM, Gabricks said:

I built my first modular when I was 12

20 minutes ago, Silverhurst said:

I think you underestimate what kids can do or desire if given the chance. My 10 year old has been (re)building my modulars for a number of years now, and since I got the Police Station modular I haven't even gotten to build the latest 3 modulars at all, since he's been doing them by himself without my help. It's actually been the city sets that I've been getting to build lately. We are going to have a real fight on our hands if/when the Curiousity Rover comes out. He is currently hoping to have the Mars Base MOC he designed in Studio and is busy building ready to display at the upcoming convention in a couple of months.

Whoa now! Your son is smart. I didn't build my first modular until I was 15 and that's when the Cafe Corner came out. And I had to get a friend to help me with that one. But your son is building modulars on his own. Welp, he's been raised by the right people. Kudos to you! 

On 3/23/2023 at 12:52 PM, Lemerbrix said:

I built my first modular when I was 12

Out of curiosity, what was the first Modular set you built exactly?

18 minutes ago, Lion King said:

Out of curiosity, what was the first Modular set you built exactly?

Persian restaurant, got it as a gift 

On 2/23/2023 at 4:15 PM, Gabricks said:

I want to get every lego city 2023 set on my birthday

I already have got more than half of the sets available. Great sets but the police and fire.

On 3/12/2023 at 7:20 PM, The Brick Boss said:

Still no pics though. Why am I excited to see the summer wave though? I just don't understand it. I got excited about the winter wave for this year, only for it to disappoint. 

On 3/12/2023 at 8:11 PM, Lion King said:

Becuase it’s Arctic subtheme this year.  

For me personnally it is not Arctic (I collected all sets back in 2014 and later) bit the City Center, Apartment Block and other sets that are typical of CITY, not a fleet.

The 60380 with 2010 pieces has to be something. I hope there will be an articulated bus or a tram with a terminal. Or a metro station.