Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2023 Leaks, Rumours, Speculation And Discussion

11 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

I recently got the farmer’s market van for $35 at Walmart, I think I scored good, nice little parts pack

Yeah it's a nice set, I'll probably convert a bunch of my food vehicles/carts from City/Friends/3-in-1 into shops soon (Pizza, Ice, Fruit/Vegetables, Burgers, Bread/Cake etc.).

Of course the vehicle parts are still useful for other custom vehicles, I've just been displaying some sets as sets for way too long and want to start MOCing a bunch, and bigger, taller buildings take less shelf space then spread out stuff, and multiple levels allow things like housing above it.

I used to be very strict about keeping sets as sets but recently started to look past that, especially for "Town" related stuff from Friends/Creator/City that might as well go together into custom builds.

Edited by TeriXeri

I like the Town style vehicle (Pizza to Go comes to mind), and the palm trees and 2 shops are okay , but if the Availability is "LEGO exclusive" as Brickset claims, I wonder how popular this will be at $100 / €100. 

Edited by TeriXeri

36 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

I like the Town style vehicle (Pizza to Go comes to mind), and the palm trees and 2 shops are okay , but if the Availability is "LEGO exclusive" as Brickset claims, I wonder how popular this will be at $100 / €100. 

Give it a few months and it'll show up at target, that's how I got the queer eye set for $35

If the set was $60 and had PRINTS!!!!!! it be a 'meh' fine City set with nice figures but $100 for that is insane.

Since this is the last big DOTS year, and recent sets have a whole bunch of vibrant yellow tiles, and vibrant yellow bricks are still fairly rare, it's currently a pretty good alternative to bricks for larger areas like sides of ambulances etc.

Especially when trying to recreate certain regional designs of stripes/blocks, using 1x1 tiles can be a nice way to LEGO-fy a build without making custom realistic stickers.

Currently it's just an idea , nothing concrete yet, but especially the UK ambulance pattern should be fairly easy to recreate with vibrant yellow and teal 1x1 tiles :

1200px-LJ58OJX_LONDON_AMBULANCE_QUEEN_VICTORIA_STREET_CITY_OF_LONDON_(26124592264).jpg

Edited by TeriXeri

On 2/14/2023 at 6:31 PM, Gabricks said:
On 2/14/2023 at 1:44 PM, Night City Dream said:

If I may, I have recently reviewed the 60383, but my review is in Russian.

Instead, I wanted to share a Flickr album with you

52672958858_2c919219b4_h.jpg215_7383 by Sergey NCD, on Flickr

The whole album is here: https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjAr5rj

Enjoy the pics.

where you bought this set jn russia?

They sell in many stores including Lego stores "Mir Kubikov" yet there they are costly. I bought mine on Yandex market online store for half a price. 90% of new city seta re there, I also bought the garbage truck and Penguin Slushy Van.

On 2/18/2023 at 8:53 AM, Night City Dream said:

They sell in many stores including Lego stores "Mir Kubikov" yet there they are costly. I bought mine on Yandex market online store for half a price. 90% of new city seta re there, I also bought the garbage truck and Penguin Slushy Van.

Hoe your country is getting legos after sanctions cuz of war in ukraine?

What is the best price, or the price you will probably get quickly for a USED City set released in recent years (retired, but not too long ago). Assume the condition of the bricks is average, not in a perfect condition, not in a horrible condition though.

Just take an example, is a USED CITY POLICE set selling for an average $1 of 20 pieces worth getting?

Edited by ks6349
more questions

5 hours ago, ks6349 said:

What is the best price, or the price you will probably get quickly for a USED City set released in recent years (retired, but not too long ago). Assume the condition of the bricks is average, not in a perfect condition, not in a horrible condition though.

Just take an example, is a USED CITY POLICE set selling for an average $1 of 20 pieces worth getting?

Depends on the set, for example, something that retired last year you might be able to find for retail, whereas something that retired 3-5 years ago would cost you a bit more

Speaking of which, is $100 a good deal for the 2020 police station?

1 hour ago, Lemerbrix said:

Depends on the set, for example, something that retired last year you might be able to find for retail, whereas something that retired 3-5 years ago would cost you a bit more

For example, Mountain Police Headquarters 60174

663 pieces for approx. USD $30. What do you think? Condition: USED

Edited by ks6349

On 2/19/2023 at 10:28 AM, Gabricks said:

Hoe your country is getting legos after sanctions cuz of war in ukraine?

The country continues to get everything. There is so called parallel import. The only difference is that some articles have become far costlier but there's no shortage.

Meanwhile, I've recently received my Garbage Truck and the Penguin Slushy Van. Also, my sister brought me the two new bikes (60356 and 60358) from Italy.

44 minutes ago, ks6349 said:

For example, Mountain Police Headquarters 60174

663 pieces for approx. USD $30. What do you think? Condition: USED

Oh, that’s a very good deal

2 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

That's the original full price , I didn't get that police station, even when it was available for half price.

I got the 2022 version instead , which is obviously smaller but I like it a lot more. (planning to expand the building with the 2023 academy)

Edited by TeriXeri

2 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

That's the original full price , I didn't get that police station, even when it was available for half price.

I got the 2022 version instead , which is obviously smaller but I like it a lot more. (planning to expand the building with the 2023 academy)

I agree! The 2022 one most certainly made up for the 2020 attrocity. Plus I love the little van that comes with it.

6 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Yes, the 2020 Police station was so ugly I just skipped it. the 2022 Police station is the first city station I have got.

2 hours ago, ks6349 said:

Yes, the 2020 Police station was so ugly I just skipped it. the 2022 Police station is the first city station I have got.

I got the set for half the price that year and just used it for part expansion. I still have my 2014 police station up and running.

There was no 2020 police station. I refuse to admit that set exists even though I think I own it. (60% off) :pir-huzzah1:

That reminds me I own the latest one and I never built it. I got it for half off. I have no idea where I put it. All the police stations in my town become office buildings as I don't have criminals in my town. 

Edited by Maple

2 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

Here it is! :pir_tong2:

I really don't like saying this but that's a really ugly MOC. :pir_tong2:

Having built it I think it's great toy and a horrible set if that makes sense. The modular-ness of the set is really nice and easily the best feature, just the modulars are very 4+. I would have loved it as a child. But again I got it for like $43.18 shipped. At $100 it's garbage and easily the worst Police Station ever created. Decades from now we will show our great great grandchildren this set and it will symbolize the terribleness of 2020.

16 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

Oh, that’s a very good deal

but it's USED, not new and sealed in bag. Still good?

3 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

60246.jpg?fit=bounds&format=jpg&quality=

Here it is! :pir_tong2:

I skipped it immediately without any hesitation, consideration and regret.

The 2022 Police station isn't so the best, still has too much room for improvement, but at least it comes with base plates, which makes things a lot better. The 2020 one was just awful.

Edited by ks6349

1 hour ago, Maple said:

I really don't like saying this but that's a really ugly MOC. :pir_tong2:

Having built it I think it's great toy and a horrible set if that makes sense. The modular-ness of the set is really nice and easily the best feature, just the modulars are very 4+. I would have loved it as a child. But again I got it for like $43.18 shipped. At $100 it's garbage and easily the worst Police Station ever created. Decades from now we will show our great great grandchildren this set and it will symbolize the terribleness of 2020.

I agree you