Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2023 Leaks, Rumours, Speculation And Discussion

On 2/8/2023 at 4:03 PM, Night City Dream said:

I wonder what City center, which will boast impressive 2010 pieces will look like. Seems like it will overcome the legendary 60097. I hope for a metro train.

Who says road plates are set to be discontinued and what road plates? The new system you mean, like 60304?

I actually was hoping this year we would be getting curves, crossroads and much more.

60378 as well.
There is 1 number missed every year

2020: 60359

2021: 60278

2022: 60334

so, it seems to get only 60395’ 60396’ 60397 

13 minutes ago, Lemerbrix said:

60278 was canceled, we have blurry images, but no good pictures 

I want re-release of 60278 with bigger set

20 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

60278 was canceled, we have blurry images, but no good pictures 

Lego: "We can't release this bomb factory!"

Also Lego: "Make all those Bob-Omb suicide bombers in Lego Super Mario!"

2 minutes ago, Killian said:

Truth

3 hours ago, Killian said:

Allow me to explain. Mario is a cartoon that is based off of a cartoon video game where the violence is done more on a hilarious note. City on the other hand is supposed to mirror realism. So with that being said, that's why the bomb factory is impossible for City sets as it seems to be done on a more realistic note. I mean, I know it kinda sucks as I was also waiting for that set too. But we can't change it. 

City did have breakout with TNT dynamite multiple times, (it was a major action feature in the 2017 police station) and later still appeared in 5 sets during 2020-2021 featuring a criminal/police figure, but after 2022 there might have been a change in policy and we see criminals use eggs and ice cream instead, even the Daisy Kaboom character, the main character intended to be in the Bomb Factory set, used a disguise and a garbage truck instead of bombs.

For 2023, dynamite has not shown up yet, but there are a few sets with it in production , just not City currently, even tho it might as well show up again in some demolition/mining City set.

Edited by TeriXeri

I still think LEGO should have released that bomb factory set and just changed it to a hot dog factory that the bad guys use. Just make bomb on the roof into a hot dog.

1 hour ago, Poodabricks said:

Looks more like a complete version of 60291. But I'd like to keep hope alive though. 

Of course, it seems similar to the 60291 set, but I uploaded it just in case.

6 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

Looks more like a complete version of 60291. But I'd like to keep hope alive though. 

Sort of yes, there are still differences like windows with plants, a darker stripe on the bottom of 2nd and 3rd floor, and ground level looks to have some sort of shop or coffee cup logo above the door.

However, it also has many aspects of 31068: Modular Modern Home, with very similar colors, windows, solar panel size/shape, and the blue stripe and blue with wood entrance.

The entrance and windows being built pretty much identical, except the 3-in-1 set doesn't have the "city" transparent blue windows.

Still, since the other buildings are actual sets, this is interesting, and I'm not saying "it's just a big 31068 built in the style of 2x 60291." , the 3-in-1 is also a much older set from 2017 and not City.

31068_alt2.jpg

Edited by TeriXeri

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

Sort of yes, there are still differences like windows with plants, a darker stripe on the bottom of 2nd and 3rd floor, and ground level looks to have some sort of shop or coffee cup logo above the door.

However, it also has many aspects of 31068: Modular Modern Home, with very similar colors, windows, solar panel size/shape, and the blue stripe and blue with wood entrance.

The entrance and windows being built pretty much identical, except the 3-in-1 set doesn't have the "city" transparent blue windows.

Still, since the other buildings are actual sets, this is interesting, and I'm not saying "it's just a big 31068 built in the style of 2x 60291." , the 3-in-1 is also a much older set from 2017 and not City.

31068_alt2.jpg

I may actually look to add that to my town. 

9 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

FYI the stuntz sets have some interesting hairpieces, some were exclusive to the table football set

stuntz has some interesting pieces overall, like curved windows in 60361: Ultimate Stunt Riders Challenge , but that set and 60360: Spinning Stunt Challenge are some of the worst priced sets in history, even in EU. (I know US had those €20 stuntz sets at $35 which is another crime LEGO police should solve)

A round building using those curved windows and hoops could be very interesting though, just as a seperate set.

Edited by TeriXeri

15 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

stuntz has some interesting pieces overall, like curved windows in 60361: Ultimate Stunt Riders Challenge , but that set and 60360: Spinning Stunt Challenge are some of the worst priced sets in history, even in EU. (I know US had those €20 stuntz sets at $35 which is another crime LEGO police should solve)

A round building using those curved windows and hoops could be very interesting though, just as a seperate set.

Aren't those curved windows just the space shuttle part? It's also the part for Hydro Bounty 71756?

An articulated bus would be great. I was even thinking of a single piece - articulation, 6 students wide. The piece might be used to make articulated trams or metro trains.

I'd buy a dozen of those. I remember I managed to bu 10x10154, I was going to buy even more but then I had to spend my cash for more mundane things like my apartment. :D

I have a question. Are all summer sets to be released in the US in June? Or are we going to have to wait for the good stuff in August like we do every other summer? 

46 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

I have a question. Are all summer sets to be released in the US in June? Or are we going to have to wait for the good stuff in August like we do every other summer? 

Last year the missions and farm sets were released in June in the u.s, so maybe one of the sub themes?

I recently got the farmer’s market van for $35 at Walmart, I think I scored good, nice little parts pack

28 minutes ago, Lemerbrix said:

Last year the missions and farm sets were released in June in the u.s, so maybe one of the sub themes?

I recently got the farmer’s market van for $35 at Walmart, I think I scored good, nice little parts pack

It's currently $27.50 at Walmart and Amazon.