Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2023 Leaks, Rumours, Speculation And Discussion

15 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

The only City set I'm officially buying from the winter wave is the emergency response center. Depending on how they look, summer is likely when my wallet will be taken advantage of the most. My town needs buildings. We've got enough vehicles. 

I couldn't agree more, I'm focusing on getting buildings for my city and these new upcoming summer sets are perfect for it! 

On 12/27/2022 at 4:52 PM, Jiesdeo said:

Summary from Brick Clicker's video:

City sets:

• 60362 - Car Wash (245 pcs)
  • 60363 - Ice Cream Shop (296 pcs)
  • 60364 - Urban Skate Park (454 pcs)
  • 60365 - Apartment Building (688 pcs)
  • 60366 - Ski and Climbing Center (1045 pcs)
  • 60376 60367 - Passenger Plane (913 pcs) (wrong set number in Brick Clicker's video)
  • 60380 - Urban Centre (2010 pcs)
  • 60391 - Demolition Site (235 pcs)
  • 60398 - Family House & Electric Car (462 pcs)

Exploration sets:

• 60369 - Arctic Explorer Ship (815 pcs)
  • 60376 - Arctic Snowmobile (70 pcs) - note the same set number as Passenger Plane
  • 60377 - Underwater Exploration Ship (182 pcs)
  • 60379 - Deep Sea Submarine (842 pcs)

If that is correct, we would get a 2000+ parts set in city (60380)? I don’t remember seeing that… Would it be a single building, or something more like a town plan set?

17 minutes ago, Memo5378 said:

If that is correct, we would get a 2000+ parts set in city (60380)? I don’t remember seeing that… Would it be a single building, or something more like a town plan set?

It's supposed to be a town plan set, a common thing in lego city for summer.

I still can't believe we're having a 2010 piece set! 

If urban center includes road plates then I’m going to cry, Lego city design team, PLEASE take notes from the freinds design team, who have actually good builds

any idea when we will get leaked or formal photos of these summer 2023 sets?

The urban center, apartment, or ice cream shop could be very cool (like the recent grocery store) or a partial train wreck like the school (imho...)

It seems like hope will be restored in the second wave. Perhaps Lego has finally listened to everyone saying more buildings.

Two thousand piece count must mean one heck of a big Urban centre.....might it include public transport also.

How about a department store or offices.....no doubt a coffee shop will be in it 😉 ?

First images of second wave will fill us all in.......I wonder of the old toy fairs in January and February will hold surprises.

Stuntz sets 60359, 60357, 60360, and 60361 just appeared on Instagram (apparently from the instructions app)! 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

6 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Stuntz sets 60359, 60357, 60360, and 60361 just appeared on Instagram (apparently from the instructions app)! 

Yeah, love the new Dino bike

Ooh, neat!

I think that ring piece is bigger than the one that came in Friends a few years ago? It's in some new colors, at least.

New Rocket Racer fig and bike as well!

In the USA the Stuntz sets are so much more overpriced than Europe. So I'll probably try to get the dino bike piece from Bricks and Pieces.

17 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Not what I was expecting, the truck looks weird without a roof, the ultimate stunt rider set is nice but the price is awful. 

The other 2 sets are ok (am I the only thinking that the raptor dude looks like the green goblin from the spider man movies/films?) 

Edited by Powered by Bricks

On 12/30/2022 at 10:09 AM, Lemerbrix said:

If urban center includes road plates then I’m going to cry, Lego city design team, PLEASE take notes from the freinds design team, who have actually good builds

Cry with joy?

So stuntz clearly proves LEGO doesn't hesitate recoloring those ramps in even more colors for 2023, after already showing 2023 Friends skate park.

So it seems very likely that the summer Ski themed set very likely to have some white ramps to represent a ramp or snowboard halfpipe.

The Raptor/Dino bike set is probably the best build of this stuntz wave (beside the awesome design on the Cyber Bike that is), but that's also factoring in value, €20 isn't great, but it still looks more worth of stuff you get compared to the €35 loops set, which does have an extra bike (valued €8) but the build is very simple.

Edited by TeriXeri

6 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

So stuntz clearly proves LEGO doesn't hesitate recoloring those ramps in even more colors for 2023, after already showing 2023 Friends skate park.

So it seems very likely that the summer Ski themed set very likely to have some white ramps to represent a ramp or snowboard halfpipe.

The Raptor/Dino bike set is probably the best build of this stuntz wave (beside the awesome design on the Cyber Bike that is), but that's also factoring in value, €20 isn't great, but it still looks more worth of stuff you get compared to the €35 loops set, which does have an extra bike (valued €8) but the build is very simple.

The 20 Euro Stuntz sets are $35 in the USA, plus taxes. So nearly double. Some of the past ones have been added to Bricks and Pieces for around $2.50 if you want to go that route.

6 hours ago, Maple said:

The 20 Euro Stuntz sets are $35 in the USA, plus taxes. So nearly double. Some of the past ones have been added to Bricks and Pieces for around $2.50 if you want to go that route.

Yeah that's absolutely ridiculous pricing , I can't find the price on 60359 as it's not on the US site, but if it's still $35 in 2023, that's silly.

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

Yeah that's absolutely ridiculous pricing , I can't find the price on 60359 as it's not on the US site, but if it's still $35 in 2023, that's silly.

Yes it's completely ridiculous. The 50 euro sets are $70-$80. The farmers market van is 30 euro and $45, and the 20 euro Stunts are $35. It's almost exclusively City sets with the stupid price differences too.

$20 I'd buy the dino bike on day one, $35 I'm never buying it.

2 hours ago, Maple said:

Yes it's completely ridiculous. The 50 euro sets are $70-$80. The farmers market van is 30 euro and $45, and the 20 euro Stunts are $35. It's almost exclusively City sets with the stupid price differences too.

$20 I'd buy the dino bike on day one, $35 I'm never buying it.

It's quite weird, I know licensed themes, used to favor US $ over Euro on many of those smaller $20ish sets would be €30-40 here around 2018, had some Harry Potter $15/20 sets sold for €20/30 (and the outlier Star Wars Hoth chamber $30 for €50). 

Some differences between Euro countries existed as well, until recently at least,  Netherlands and Germany prices are more equal now, compared to before sometimes differing €5-10 on smaller sets and €10-20 on bigger, and that was adjusted before the big 2022 adjustments.

Now things have shifted the other direction, and City / Monkie Kid / Chinese New year differences are more extreme, and aren't licensed movie themes.

I mean, 2023 it continues, where the Monkie Kid Hideout is $140 vs €100 , or the Lunar Parade is $130 vs €100 (and those are in-house themes that aren't priced for big wide retailer discounts)

In the case of City, it's very much the medium sets being hit so hard.

And that's even with Dollar/Euro being nearly equal a few months ago, and US gets taxed on top of the price as well.

But I'm not an economist or Chief Financial Officer of LEGO  , so all I can do is this *oh2* , even some of those Euro Stuntz prices still completely feel:  :facepalm:

Edited by TeriXeri

Euro has their VAT taxes in the price. 95% of the USA has sales tax. It's like the price increases. If it was 10% on everything that make sense, but it was random.

I didn't care about Stuntz being so overprices, I never liked the sets. The bikes are great. Now that there are purple and blue ramps, I like them a lot more. Come on sales.

So.....it turns out that the police robot polybag has been canceled due to the eye being deemed too scary for children. I got the news via Instagram. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cm6XP4opM8J/?igshid=OGQ2MjdiOTE=

32 minutes ago, Izzynufc-2 said:

Double checking but has Lego city adventures discontinued 

I think it has because I believe they aired the "final" episode not too long ago and it ended with......uh.....you may want to see it to find out for yourself. 

1 hour ago, Poodabricks said:

So.....it turns out that the police robot polybag has been canceled due to the eye being deemed too scary for children. I got the news via Instagram. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cm6XP4opM8J/?igshid=OGQ2MjdiOTE=

“Because the eye was deemed too scary for children”

sounds like the plot of a fnaf/poppy playtime/one of those games ripoff

looking at the set it seems like it was canceled because it depicts a bomb squad-like scene, an actual Lego employee said “we wouldn’t want to put something out like that”

2 minutes ago, Lemerbrix said:

“Because the eye was deemed too scary for children”

sounds like the plot of a fnaf/poppy playtime/one of those games ripoff

looking at the set it seems like it was canceled because it depicts a bomb squad-like scene, an actual Lego employee said “we wouldn’t want to put something out like that”

I think it's a good call. There was recently a major controversy in California over a measure to legalize the use of lethal force for police robots. A police robot set like that releasing into the midst of that could very easily come across wrong. Better to save the use of drones for things like the firefighting sets, where there's less chance of a major scandal significantly changing the reception for a set like that.