Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2023 Leaks, Rumours, Speculation And Discussion

Some of the sets that have less pieces than the description might otherwise suggest (e.g. car wash) could be 4+ sets.

9 hours ago, Killian said:

Hope they're as good as the 2023 Lego Friends Skate Park and the many Lego Friends Ice Cream Parlours. Also hope the German Shepherd/Alsatian puppy shows up again in one of them so it's not just exclusive to the Police set

I said that previously, but it’s good

12 hours ago, Powered by Bricks said:

After some searching 60376 is the Snowmobile and the passenger plane is actually 60367. So we're having (I think) a single airport set, I hope this one isn't a big plane with 4 seats and the smallest airport ever

Ah ok, thanks! I'll fix it in my post.

18 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

New summer set listing:

60381-advent calendar-2 59 pieces 

There might be more sets for summer. 

Hopefully cargo ones too

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

MORE ANIMALS PLEASE!!! I mean, we are going to get Arctic subtheme!

Yeah but it’s melting, mate. No animals left.

Did Freinds have arctic subtheme this year? Becuase i feel like the pattern is broken when City has Arctic subtheme next year. 

11 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Did Freinds have arctic subtheme this year? Becuase i feel like the pattern is broken when City has Arctic subtheme next year. 

Friends had a winter chalet skiing wave a few years ago

21 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

And not just Artic but deep sea too, I thought lego ended the exploration line for city last year. 

Also I didn't say this before but I think that some of these new sets (60362-60367) might be part of a 3rd "My City" wave. 

1 hour ago, Poodabricks said:

I'll admit I would like to see Lego's current take on cargo sets. 

We had nothing but a cargo train recently, the newer airport related sets are no longer cargo, instead just stunt planes, and passenger aircrafts. I hope we have more than a single airport set this time, I'm excited to see this new passenger plane. 913 pieces! 

Was hoping for more mission sets, however, with no known retirement date known on the current 3 sets which only released half a year ago , kind of makes sense to not see more yet.

Ocean Exploration Base surprisingly lasted way beyond the original 2020 ocean subtheme, with it just now ending, and divers have been very regular as magazine gifts (at least 1 per year since 2019) so another ocean explorer set isn't a surprise, even the Police boat mission set has a submarine mode and an underwater build.

Edited by TeriXeri

On 12/27/2022 at 4:52 PM, Jiesdeo said:

City sets:

• 60362 - Car Wash (245 pcs)
  • 60363 - Ice Cream Shop (296 pcs)
  • 60364 - Urban Skate Park (454 pcs)
  • 60365 - Apartment Building (688 pcs)
  • 60366 - Ski and Climbing Center (1045 pcs)
  • 60367 - Passenger Plane (913 pcs) 
  • 60380 - Urban Centre (2010 pcs)
  • 60391 - Demolition Site (235 pcs)
  • 60398 - Family House & Electric Car (462 pcs)

Exploration sets:

• 60369 - Arctic Explorer Ship (815 pcs)
  • 60376 - Arctic Snowmobile (70 pcs) 
  • 60377 - Underwater Exploration Ship (182 pcs)
  • 60379 - Deep Sea Submarine (842 pcs)

60381 - Advent Calendar / 258 Pieces / 5+ 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

29 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

60281 - Advent Calendar / 258 Pieces / 5+ 

Huh a little too late... 

12 hours ago, Powered by Bricks said:

New summer set listing:

60381-advent calendar-258 pieces 

There might be more sets for summer. 

Also 60281 is the 4+ fire engine from last year

1 hour ago, Powered by Bricks said:

And not just Artic but deep sea too, I thought lego ended the exploration line for city last year. 

Also I didn't say this before but I think that some of these new sets (60362-60367) might be part of a 3rd "My City" wave.  

I feel like we will see sea animals in Arctic region like narwha, orca, walrus / seal.

I mean you know - we know orca was planned but it was cancelled back in 2018. 

8 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Huh a little too late... 

I missed that! 

8 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Also 60281 is the 4+ fire engine from last year

Typo. . . 😐

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

Debatable to what extent this is 2023 news, but is anyone else very disappointed that the City Farm sub theme sets have been discontinued only 7 months after release?!

Unfortunately overpriced (but what isn’t?), but there was a lot of promise, as well as new animal moulds. I can only assume they must have sold poorly, but it’s a real disappointment given that it felt a bit more educational than the endless stream of police and fire sets.

3 hours ago, DeanLearner said:

Debatable to what extent this is 2023 news, but is anyone else very disappointed that the City Farm sub theme sets have been discontinued only 7 months after release?!

It's certainly weird to see the chicken coop, supermarket and van go away this fast

However, the 4+ farm barn is still remaining (along with the baby cow/pig/sheep it introduced) , and with the 2021 Tractor also still not retiring, the theme isn't 100% abandoned, as well as getting a potential 2 new tractors  via the 2023 Park Tractor and Construction Digger sets. And some horse jumping in the police academy to expand on the Horse Trailer set.

Still even with 3 City sets going away, there's still a fair range of sets remaining, more then previous couple years for sure, even moreso if you count the 2022 Friends Farm and 2023 Friends Fresh Store (both also quite expensive however)

Edited by TeriXeri

On 12/27/2022 at 4:57 PM, Powered by Bricks said:

Got to admit that wave is full of nice and interesting sets, the amount of buildings mentioned is really big. And finally a new passenger plane with a possible good airport (look at the piece count, I don't think we're going to get a gigantic plane). Some of the sets seem weird (low piece count buildings) but at least those are CITY related sets. 

The last several passenger planes, in City and Friends, had 600 something pieces so the fact this one has 250 more pieces should HOPEFULLY go into a building. Knowing LEGO they probably include a fire truck, a pick up and several other things not needed. 

7 hours ago, DeanLearner said:

Unfortunately overpriced (but what isn’t?), but there was a lot of promise, as well as new animal moulds. I can only assume they must have sold poorly, but it’s a real disappointment given that it felt a bit more educational than the endless stream of police and fire sets.

I bought 2 of the calf/piglet set, the first one from Lego when it was released and the second one a few months later when it was reduced in price at Smyth's. It was exclusive to Smyth's Toys in this country, so lack of distribution probably hurt sales? Or maybe kids only like conflict in a box, such as the Police subtheme, nowadays?

57 minutes ago, Killian said:

I bought 2 of the calf/piglet set, the first one from Lego when it was released and the second one a few months later when it was reduced in price at Smyth's. It was exclusive to Smyth's Toys in this country, so lack of distribution probably hurt sales? Or maybe kids only like conflict in a box, such as the Police subtheme, nowadays?

The farm sets were rumoured to retire within 6ish months even before they were revealed. It's really weird but I guess we should be happy we got them at all. My main complaint is the new corn piece isn't being reused in the Friends grocery store and that's really odd to me.

The only City set I'm officially buying from the winter wave is the emergency response center. Depending on how they look, summer is likely when my wallet will be taken advantage of the most. My town needs buildings. We've got enough vehicles. 

Edited by Poodabricks

5 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

The only City set I'm officially buying from the winter wave is the emergency response center. Depending on how they look, summer is likely when my wallet will be taken advantage of the most. My town needs buildings. We've got enough vehicles. 

Come o the colorful side... Friends! We have a load of fun and tons of buildings. :tongue: